beast
6 years ago

As of 2014 here are the top national chains.

Any guess as to who takes of the slot? More than likely it will be Pizza the Hut once again.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Looking at 2017, looks like the money has gone up but the order is the same. I was thinking Domino’s might give it a shot, as they seem to be running more ads lately from what I've seen. So is Little Caesars, but their adds seem to be more silly/stupid and not really having a sponsorship role.

But both Pizza Hut and Domino’s did respond to Papa John's calling out the NFL and basically said the protests haven't changed Pizza Sales at all for them and they were suggesting it was Papa John's and not the NFL.... which actually might have some truth into it as well... as Papa John's then CEO and FACE OF THE COMPANY, John Schnatter, has slowly building a public relationship backing republicans more and more and louder and louder ways.

That's generally bad business when the face of your company is diving deep into a very controversy topic such as politics... as it ticks off the side that doesn't agree with their stance, and while it might help gain some, it's not going to offset the numbers of people it upsets or decides to go with a different brand.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
I've been really impressed with the resurgence of Domino's. I believe they went bankrupt at one point now they are right back in it.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
6 years ago

I've been really impressed with the resurgence of Domino's. I believe they went bankrupt at one point now they are right back in it.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Given a choice of Delivered Pizza, I used to choose Domino's over the others. For taste, quality, price, and speed of delivery, they won my business. Over time they changed their dough, sauce, and their fixins quality.The last time I sampled a Domino's Pizza, it was like eating cardboard with a red garlic smear, (chicken) pepperoni and fake cheese. At that point I went with Pizza Hut.

Today, Domino's does not deliver to where I live. If they have reformed, then I'd be the first to salute them, but alas I have no way to check it for myself. Pizza Hut remains my first choice when I can save up enough to enjoy the luxury.

Poppa Johns never has made my prefered list.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
I used to like Domino's. Then they changed the sauce, and it ruined their pizza in my view.
Then I was literally run down by a Domino's delivery woman in a parking lot while I was walking, and now I wouldn't eat a Domino's pizza if it was free.
Their lawyers lied and twisted things around, and I got run over a second time by them.

Pizza Hut is a better pizza if you ask me.
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

There Pizza was SO bad, 15 years ago, that I still haven't been able to get myself to retry them... even though they've gone back and started over with new bread and sauce...

Though I've heard many compliments, that it's a lot better than they used to be (but still not among the best).

Pizza Hut remains my first choice when I can save up enough to enjoy the luxury.

Poppa Johns never has made my prefered list. [/size]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

I used to love Pizza Hut stuff curst meat lovers, but my body changed and my body didn't like all that grease that comes with their pizza. Though I recently had a no meats Pizza Hut pizza and it was really good.

But with the loaded meats delivery chains I perfer Papa John's... less gease and lighter and fluffier.

Of course, I'm also cheap and Papa John's prices have to be watched as they can get crazy with their pricing at times... which is why I've been happy that they seemed to lower their online deals on an attempt to compete with Pizza Huts prices for a little while.

I also really like, the Official Pizza of Lambeau Field, which is...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Smokey
6 years ago
Most of us like Pizza, I know that I do. Delivery Pizza is very popular and opinions vary. However Delivery Pizza is not the only way to enjoy a good pie.

I have traveled and eaten Pizza in many different Cities and States. Some of the best I enjoyed sitting in a restaurant with friends or colleagues. Among the best was a thin crust pizza that was served with a great full course Italian dinner, WOW ! Also, I recall eating real Chicago Style Pizza with some workmates at a Baltimore restaurant. Cold Beer was served on both occasions.

Some of the best food of any variety, IMO, can be found in small restaurants over the large chain ones. Ed's Diner, China Garden, or Pedro's Mexican are just a few that come to mind at the moment.

UserPostedImage
dingus
6 years ago
Jake's Pizza, go no further. Chain pizza is nutritionally garbage. Hell, Gallaghers (I almost called it Godfathers, showing my age) on Webster in Allouez is better than any of that chain dreck.
blank
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
Aldi pizza is really good. Throw on some extra cheese, and it’s really good!
Yes, you have to bake it yourself, but it’s a lot cheaper, and you know it will be HOT!
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
6 years ago
We don't have Papa Murphy's out here in Jersey, so Aldi is the best option around -- and it's a lot more affordable than Papa Murphy's to boot. But if you're going to spring for Papa Murphy's, here's the best-kept secret in the industry: order the gourmet vegetarian, and ask for sausage on top. Amazing.
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago

This is kinda ironic... an Papa John's, John Schnatter, attempted to back his buddy Jerry Jones and get Roger Goodell out of the main leadership role...

Originally Posted by: beast 

I never thought we'd hear it publicly admitted, but Papa John did....

Feels like John Schnatter is rewriting or spinning history to put himself Ina more favorable light, but he's admitting that Jerry Jones (Cowboys owner), Dan Synder (Commanders owner) and Pepsi CEO called him, trying to get him to attack Roger Goodell and get him fired.

Of course, he claims he didn't bite, where his company kicking him out of the CEO role would probably disagree... but still interesting listening to his version.

Also, I think the main reason Dan Synder is still an NFL owner is his great friendship with Jerry Jones and his extremely lawsuit happy trigger finger that the NFL and other owners don't want to have to fight against.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (10h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (10h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (12h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (13h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (16h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (17h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (22h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (22h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Random Babble / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.