Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Smokey  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 24, 2017 5:01:59 PM(UTC)
Many of us can recall when Doug Pederson was GB's #2 GB . Today he is Philadelphia's Head Coach and his Eagles are a force . Pederson's Offensive Coordinator is former QB Frank Reich and his Defensive Coordinator is former Lions Head Coach Jim Schwartz .

Yes he is lucky that he has QB Carson Wentz , but the Eagles Defense is very good too . IMO , GB should take a hard look at this team and learn from them .
rabidgopher04  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 7:16:29 PM(UTC)
Recruit Jim Harbaugh from Michigan. If he could take Kaepernick to a Super Bowl, imagine what he'd do with Rodgers.
beast  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:37:01 PM(UTC)
Smokey said: Go to Quoted Post
Many of us can recall when Doug Pederson was GB's #2 GB . Today he is Philadelphia's Head Coach and his Eagles are a force . Pederson's Offensive Coordinator is former QB Frank Reich and his Defensive Coordinator is former Lions Head Coach Jim Schwartz .

Yes he is lucky that he has QB Carson Wentz , but the Eagles Defense is very good too . IMO , GB should take a hard look at this team and learn from them .

I think Jim Schwartz has been a good DC everywhere he's been. The Bills screwed up big time, by going with Rex Ryan over Schwartz as Head Coach (not only because the Bills were perfectly set-up for the 4-3 defense and NOT Ryan's 3-4 defense BUT) that defense had completely bought into Schwartz. I might of understood the Bills passing him over for an offensive mind, but a completely different defensive system and no offense was almost asking to be screwed.

Also something Schwartz has... good man coverage guys in a number of key positions.

But I think you need to look what Andy Reid is doing with his OL, which Doug Peterson took over to the Eagles. I'm not quite sure how, but it just seems like they're able to use a system to get the most out of protection system. I haven't been able to dig into it enough to find out if it's just being good and balanced, being able to run or pass to set up the other or what. Though part of it, especially seems to be a good TE match-up with both.

beast  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:41:07 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04 said: Go to Quoted Post
Recruit Jim Harbaugh from Michigan. If he could take Kaepernick to a Super Bowl, imagine what he'd do with Rodgers.

I might be mistaken, but I think Jim Harbaugh has the highest (American) football coaching contract in the world right now. It's going to be hard to recruit him, unless it's paining him to be there.

Also I think that defense and running game might of had more to due with the 49ers success than Kaepernick... and I think Randy Moss still blame Kapepernick for losing that Super Bowl.
Smokey  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 26, 2017 10:23:52 AM(UTC)
Back on target , the Eagles' Doug Pederson . IMO , will be the NFL Coach of the year !
sschind  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 4:06:33 PM(UTC)
Smokey said: Go to Quoted Post
Back on target , the Eagles' Doug Pederson . IMO , will be the NFL Coach of the year !

That's a tough one. There are a few game left but he's going to get some pretty stiff competition from Zimmer and McVay or even Marrone. All are deserving. This might be the toughest choice an a while.

Smokey mentioned Frank Reich as the Eagles OC. I think he will get his shot sooner rather than later if the Eagles keep putting up their offensive numbers. It seems to be evidence that its not the superstars who make the best coaches but the ones who had to fight for what they did have in the league. Pederson was a long time backup and so was Reich. You spend that much time holding the clipboard and running the scout team you can't help but pick up a few things.
PackFanWithTwins  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 8:03:44 AM(UTC)
rabidgopher04 said: Go to Quoted Post

If we were to get a Harbaugh, give me John. I still think Jim is overrated. He inherited a team in SF which carried him to the SB by defense.
Smokey  
#8 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 11:25:07 PM(UTC)
Four months ago, I said that the Eagles were a team to be watched.

Now they are SB52 Champs and their OC, Frank Reich, is interviewing for the HC job with the Colts.

They have two starting QB's and look strong for next season too.

Cheesey  
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 7:06:00 PM(UTC)
Pedersen isn't afraid to take chances. Going for it on 4th down, the pass to the QB in the Super Bowl.
Coach to WIN!
Smokey  
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 4:28:07 AM(UTC)
Eagles OC Frank Reich is the Colts new HC. Is this the first branch on the Pederson tree ?
Will the Eagles offer up any quality Free Agents this off season ?

I don't see the Eagles so powerful next season, but...
Cheesey  
#11 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 11:02:08 AM(UTC)
I heard that when they had their workout in the stadium before the game, he had the team practice all the plays "from the back of the playbook" that he had NO intention of actually using in the game.
He did that in case Bellicheat had spys watching their practice!
How smart is THAT!?!?
Knowing the Patriots past cheating incidents, he was one step ahead of them!
Smokey  
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 3:41:38 PM(UTC)
Repeating as SB Champs is most difficult. Pederson has installed a winning system with the Eagles. I suspect that much came from his GB days with Mike Holmgren and his other teams.
I see the Eagles back in the playoffs next season, but Dallas should give them a fight for the NFC East Title. GB will need to be ready to play either/both in the playoffs this season.
gbguy20  
#13 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 8:21:07 PM(UTC)
Everything Doug Pedersen said to the media, and the way he did things this year made me gain so much respect for him as a coach. McCarthy could learn a thing or two from him. Change mccarthys scared mindset and we just might win something that matters again.
Smokey  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 12:41:27 AM(UTC)
Imagine this if you will.

It's January 2019 and the Packers travel to Philadelphia to play the Eagles in the Divisional Round of the playoffs. Both teams have impressive offences, but the Eagles posted a better record and are coming off of a by week. The Packers won their Wildcard game with Atlanta and are not saying if Matthews' ankle sprain will keep him out or not. On paper they look to be evenly matched teams.

Eagles Coach Doug Pederson has the home field advantage and a Pro Bowl QB in Carson Wentz. Yet as good as the Eagles Offense is, it was their defence that earned them the NFC East Championship vs Dallas in the final game of the regular season.

The Packers field an above average defence, but it's Rodgers and the offense that saved more than one regular season game on the final drives. Rodgers is having a career season thanks the play of Montgomery and Graham. The defense is best at stopping the run, but has struggled against QB's like Brady, Wilson, and Cousins.

Green Bay wins the toss and ...

My point is this. What happens in the next six weeks will have a great deal to do with how such a game might play out. Playoff teams will find their opponents weaknesses and pound on it to get a win. If GB's secondary is vulnerable, then that is what will be attacked. GB has to be ready or ...
Cursing
Rss Feed