Cheesey
6 years ago
Thanks Yoop!
I was starting to feel like I was alone on a deserted island.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
They're all intensely over paid. We all know this. If it were a true Union, then a lot of the money would be in a pension for players to survive off of once their career is done. But players are greedy. Earn millions now, blow it away and then whine about head issues. (legit issue about head though)

I'd like to see lower salaries and more money for bettering the life of athletes post career.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
6 years ago

They're all intensely over paid. We all know this. If it were a true Union, then a lot of the money would be in a pension for players to survive off of once their career is done. But players are greedy. Earn millions now, blow it away and then whine about head issues. (legit issue about head though)

I'd like to see lower salaries and more money for bettering the life of athletes post career.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Welcome to the real world. There are selfish, greedy, cold hearted people all around us, they are called Republicans. These are the same back stabbing people that stepped on your hands as they climbed the ladder of success and then overturned the ladder when they reached a new level.

Many players and for certain their agent's are out to get every penny that they can and to hell with the next fellow. They may turn down money from one team, but in the long term they expect to make even more with another team over time.

How do I know about such people? Well I know because my own brother is just such a person. I love my brother, but it hurts my heart when I consider how he will explain his life in the next one. 40 years ago a wise man met my brother and later was heard to comment that he had Dollar Signs ($) in his eyes. His first love above all else is money and to that he has dedicated his life.

Many Athletes are no different. They use their sport to chase the mighty dollar. It's not bad that anyone gets rich, it's poor behavior that some feel that they must embrace that is the real tragedy.

We all know that a huge mega-contract for one player can prevent a team from hiring needed players. A set % of available salary money limit for each position player could help, but it would never hold up in any court. However it would work as follows:

QB - not more than 30% against the salary cap
RB and/or WR - not more than 20% against the salary cap
CB - not more than 15% against the salary cap
and so on ...

A player could get the max if they were a League MVP, or a Pro-Bowler, or if a team placed their franchise tag on a player. New or unproven players would have a league minimum for each position. Under such a system teams would be more equal and coaching/talent would rule over the league.

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago
6 years - 180m

Roll the 40mil owed the next 2 years into a signing bonus.
Guarantee 120mil.
That's 160mil that can be spread out over 8 years.
20mil a year.
Set base salary at 4mil for the 1st 4 years.
Then escalate base salary the last 4 years to pay the remaining 60 mil.

Year 5 7mil
Year 6 8mil
Year's 7 and 8 15mil. (Knowing full well this money is just window dressing for the agent.
Cap hit 1st 4 years is 24mil.
Year 5 cap hit 27mil
Year 6 cap hit 28mil
Year's 7 and 8 cap hit 35mil each.

The agent can say Aaron is the 1st to make 30mil a year.

Everyone can be happy.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Cheesey
6 years ago
Geez Smokey.....do you have to turn EVERY thread into a "I hate republicans" rant? You act like democrats are all "loving and caring" people. I'm a republican, and I am NOT "rich" by any standard. In fact, I am BELOW poverty level. And I care about my fellow man.

You throw out blanket statements like you actually have FACTS to back them up, when you DON'T.
Democrats are just as "selfish, greedy and cold hearted" as you claim all republicans are.
The tax reforms that were passed by the President made it better for all middle and lower class people. But you will ignore that, or it would destroy your obvious non truth based hatred.

How many pro ball players are democrats??? I bet a lot of them. They are JUST as greedy as the rest.
PLEASE get off your high horse and stop turning everything into your "hate platform".
You did the same thing to me when you first came here. You attacked me, and it took the site rallying around me for you to realize what you were doing wasn't right.

People are human. ALL have the same possibilities to be good, OR bad. Not all republicans or democrats are good, OR evil. I have known ones on both sides.
You need to face that just because you have this made up hatred, doesn't mean it's true.

UserPostedImage
steveishere
6 years ago
I don't even see the NFL players as that greedy. They don't actually make that much compared to the massive amounts of money the NFL pulls in yearly. They play less games than other leagues like MLB and NBA but the NFL makes way more money in a year than those leagues and the players still get less of a take. I don't like when players sign deals then want a re do in like 2 years after someone else gets a better deal but I don't blame any player for getting a big pay day when they are a free agent or have the leverage. Rodgers contract hasn't been the reason GB hasn't had a good defense his whole time here so I'm not really buying that argument much, I think it just gets used as an excuse more often than it is a legitimate reason.
Barfarn
6 years ago
PFF graded Rodgers as #11 QB in ’17 [this grade was not harmed because he got hurt] and I’m sure he wasn’t much better in ’15 and ’16. Plus, he got hurt doing the things that got him a #11 grade [not getting rid of the ball, when he should have].

We started this education effort mid ’16 and many Rodgers sycophants scoffed, arguing [not totally unreasonably] that he had a few bad games. But, no it’s been 3 years...THREE YEARS, since he’s played more than a half of season at an elite level.

So what dumbshit GM is going to pay the #11 QB, who’s failed to be elite since 2015, is at best the 30th best player in the league, the NFL’s highest contract?

Is the person that supports this over pay thinking like a professional expert?

Oh, and imagine how low his grade would be, if we took away his breath taking highlight plays; you know, the ones that cause the sycophant fan to giz all over himself?

Draft a QB in round 1 or 2; let this bitch play out his last 2 years; and get a 3rd round comp pic. Betchya he’d be damn good with that chip on his shoulder over the next 2. Who knows if he gets reacquainted with winning, grows up, losses some of his messiah complex, maybe he signs in GB in 2 years.

Now Buckeye, proffered a contract for Rodgers above; it's brilliant! The key is that the coming $19m x 2 REMAINS! If Gutey tears up the 2 years and gives Rodgers the biggest deal; then he is not his own man’s GM; but Aaron‘s and Danica’s little bitch.
steveishere
6 years ago

PFF graded Rodgers as #11 QB in ’17 [this grade was not harmed because he got hurt] and I’m sure he wasn’t much better in ’15 and ’16. Plus, he got hurt doing the things that got him a #11 grade [not getting rid of the ball, when he should have].

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

#3 overall player in 2016
Barfarn
6 years ago

#3 overall player in 2016

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

FAKE NEWS! 😂 j/k

He was pretty good for those 6 games in streak; I guess that pulled him up to #3. But #3 is still not #1 and when it comes to WINNING, Id rather have guys #4 thru about #8, if they were CONSISTENT.

In playoffs, Rodgers' overall stats look decent; but he was:
Very very good against Giants.
Very very good for 2 quarters against Dallas, very bad for 1.5 Quarters.
Very bad for 3 quarters v. Atlanta.

You cannot win a SB with a QB playing like this, like Jay Cutler. So pay him closer o Cutler than,well, Aaron Rodgers. This 2018 Rodgers is not same Rodgers idolized by so many.
Cheesey
6 years ago
If you have a great QB , like we do now, but you never give him a decent enough defense to back him up, you can’t expect him to carry the team all alone.
If Tom Brady didn’t have a good D, he wouldn’t have 5 super bowl rings.
If the Packers finally decide to give Rodgers a decent defense, maybe we will have a few more championships to celebrate.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (42m) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (15h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
44m / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.