Smokey
6 years ago

Geez Smokey.....do you have to turn EVERY thread into a "I hate republicans" rant? You act like democrats are all "loving and caring" people. I'm a republican, and I am NOT "rich" by any standard. In fact, I am BELOW poverty level. And I care about my fellow man.

You throw out blanket statements like you actually have FACTS to back them up, when you DON'T.
Democrats are just as "selfish, greedy and cold hearted" as you claim all republicans are.
The tax reforms that were passed by the President made it better for all middle and lower class people. But you will ignore that, or it would destroy your obvious non truth based hatred.

How many pro ball players are democrats??? I bet a lot of them. They are JUST as greedy as the rest.
PLEASE get off your high horse and stop turning everything into your "hate platform".
You did the same thing to me when you first came here. You attacked me, and it took the site rallying around me for you to realize what you were doing wasn't right.

People are human. ALL have the same possibilities to be good, OR bad. Not all republicans or democrats are good, OR evil. I have known ones on both sides.
You need to face that just because you have this made up hatred, doesn't mean it's true.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

It is true that Democrats can be wealthy too, the difference with Republicans lies with the policies each supports. That said, my point is that a more structured player salary system, league wide, would help to put the brakes on a few players getting the bulk of the money that each team is limited to spend per season.

As much as I love horses, I've not ridden one for years. I had a lot more to say, but rather than fuel a political bonfire, I erased it.

UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

If you have a great QB , like we do now, but you never give him a decent enough defense to back him up, you can’t expect him to carry the team all alone.
If Tom Brady didn’t have a good D, he wouldn’t have 5 super bowl rings.
If the Packers finally decide to give Rodgers a decent defense, maybe we will have a few more championships to celebrate.

You just don't understand Brady's role v Rodgers' role in creating a better defense for their team. RODGERS IS THE PROBLEM.

Here’s NE’s model:
We have a great TEAM FIRST Quarterback; so we don’t have to surround him with 10 all pros.

Disbursement of $$$$ capital:
NE believes a Great QB doesn’t need $10-15M receivers, so they sign a couple at $4-5M. A great QB don’t need a high priced OL because he will just get rid of the ball and NOT run around like a self-aggrandizing highlight seeking messiah complexed asshole that exponentially increases the odds he’ll get hurt even if the OL consists of 5 all-pros. When they get a chance they sign the best TE for a team-friendly 6yrs, 54M, w/ 12M guaranteed; OT Solder signed for 10M per, but for only 2 years. RBs…a dime a dozen, never EVER spend any money on one. NE saves a ton of precious cap $$$ because their TEAM-first QB doesn’t need to be highest paid and because they don’t pay ANYONE else on offense to long term $$$.

Disbursement of Draft capital:
In last 10 years, out of 22 picks, GB used 2 first rounders and 6 seconds on offense; New England, out of 25 picks, used 2 first and 5 seconds on offense [Includes 2 trades for 1st for Cooks and 2nd for Ealy]. And NE was stripped of 2 first rounders over this time

Where did all of NE’s Cap $$$ and draft resource savings on offense go? If you answered DEFENSE, you get a gold star. GB doesn't have as much draft capital or $$$ available for the D, because Rodgers is greedier than Brady and because of their model.

GB’s model: we have a Great QB, we will pay a bunch of good offensive players to long term contracts [Adams, Linsley, Sitton, Bulaga, Lang, Baktierri, Nelson, Cobb, Bennett, Finley, Jennings, etc] and use extra draft capital to make the offense unstoppable.

GB’s model is better, because the rules give the offense the advantage.

The ONLY reason NE has many more SBs than GB over these 10 years is because of the respective play of Brady and Rodgers. Rodgers with all his extra weapons and extra protection has often been unstoppable per the model; but, his INCONSISTENT play, especially in playoffs and extra especially in playoffs at crunch time, has destroyed the effectiveness of GB's model.

Rodgers' is greedier than Brady, which takes one decent player away for the D. And Rodgers' need to be surrounded by several good offensive players takes another 3-4-5 more players from the D. When Rodgers cant make the offense unstoppable; ya dont blame the D, ya blame the problem.

And the problem is RODGERS!
Cheesey
6 years ago
Sorry, but that last post could be used to fertilize a farmers field.
Did you watch the last super bowl? Was Brady so “great?”
Rodgers is a excellent QB. You can’t say it’s his fault we haven’t won another SB. The guy can’t cover WRs and tackle the other team’s RB AND QB our team.
Our defense has been AWFUL.
Would we have had a 15-1 season with a so-so QB? The defense wasted that (and several other) seasons.
If we had a GM back then that wasn’t afraid to pick up a few veteran defenders in feee agency, we could have had a couple more Super Bowls.
UserPostedImage
blueleopard
6 years ago

So much for modeling his career after Tom Brady...

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

Brady's wife makes more money than he does. So unless Rodgers marries Danica Patrick, it's tough to expect him to take less when he deserves so much more.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Sorry, but that last post could be used to fertilize a farmers field.
Did you watch the last super bowl? Was Brady so “great?”

Tom Brady went over 500 yards passing with 3 touchdowns and no interceptions. So, yes, he was pretty damn great. Patriots put up 33 points. Their defense gave up 41. Patriots lost because of defense. Same achilles heel as the Packers.
UserPostedImage
sschind
6 years ago

Brady's wife makes more money than he does. So unless Rodgers marries Danica Patrick, it's tough to expect him to take less when he deserves so much more.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

According to Forbes Danica Patrick made 12 million dollars in 2017 and she is apparently parking her race cars for good after the Indy 500 in May. Aaron better sign that big deal soon because he may have to support her.

For comparison Gisele made 17.5 million in 2017 and for the first time in 15 years she was not the highest paid model.

Even with the 5.5 million dollar deficit I think Aaron comes out on top in the WAG department and its not even close.
yooperfan
6 years ago
This whole thing with money and athletes is pissing me off to no end.
I don't consider Danica Car wreck or any other race car driver an athlete so what she makes means nothing to me.
I would rather trade Rodgers if he demands more than he's making now.
Like Cheesey says, "how much do these guys need".
I'm at the point of just giving up on professional sports including the Green Bay Packers, this whole money thing has gotten way out of hand!
Smokey
6 years ago
The Kirk Cousins Auction is holding up more than just Rodgers and the Packers. That deal, when announced, will set the new pay scale bar. The trick is to secure Cousins services for as little money as it takes to outbid other interested teams.

If your Kirk Cousins, how do you not keep a constant smile on your face. [biggrin]

UserPostedImage
sschind
6 years ago

This whole thing with money and athletes is pissing me off to no end.
I don't consider Danica Car wreck or any other race car driver an athlete so what she makes means nothing to me.
I would rather trade Rodgers if he demands more than he's making now.
Like Cheesey says, "how much do these guys need".
I'm at the point of just giving up on professional sports including the Green Bay Packers, this whole money thing has gotten way out of hand!

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

The information about Patrick was posted in response to a comment saying Tom Brady's wife makes more than he does. It wasn't meant as a measuring stick for Aaron Rodgers contract.

As far as giving up on professional sports that's your decision but if the money these athletes make bothers you that much you probably should. It might be better for your health in the long run.

Smokey
6 years ago
Perhaps the we should ask the question, What % of an NFL Teams total funds that the League says they may spend on player salaries should go to pay a QB ?

First, we must know the total amount the the league allows a team to spend on player salaries or What is the 2018 Cap ?

Second, What would be a fair cap for a QB or a WR or a CB ?

Example: Say that all teams have the same salary cap and it is $200 million.
What % of that amount should the league set as the maximum amount that any team can pay a QB ? 15% or more or less ? What is fair ?

A RB ? A TE ? A CB ?

If max. percentage amounts were set for all of a teams positions, a player would then look harder at a teams location, current players and coaches, and a teams facilities before he chose which team to play for. In addition, the NFLPA would sit in on league meetings that revealed how much all NFL teams make from TV, Product Marketing, etc. in order to fairly raise the cap level each year.

There was a time when NY or LA or Miami might command a greater opportunity for a player to earn money outside of football, but that has changed (just ask Aaron Rodgers).

A fairer system not only benefits the players, but also the owners and the league as well.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.