sschind
  • sschind
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
Watkins-gone, Robinson-gone, Keenum-gone... Why oh why did we ever expect anything different from Brian Gutekunst? He is a Ted Thompson clone. Sitting on his hands while all the good free agent sign elsewhere. He will wait until the very end and maybe sign some bargain basement scrub to compete for a starting job. Every single other team gets better but the Packers and their free agent averse leadership sits back and let's all their best players go somewhere else while we just get worse and worse. At least we will get some good comp picks next year. Typical Packet inactivity.

Let's see, did I miss any.
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
I haven't seen a player worth the money they're getting, especially with the players we have at those positions on the books. The contract Watkins got? Noooo waaaaay maaaan. We just paid Davante but, even if we didn't, Watkin's deal is not a contract I could ever have wanted us to take on.

Honestly, I don't see a lot of value in this free agent class so far. I want to see what happens after Wednesday. You might start to see more team friendly contracts.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
dhazer
6 years ago
Hey we want to look at Robinson oops n/m signed with Bears. Hey we need a TE oops nevermind Barton signing with Bears. Hey the Vikes possibly couldn't be doing anything oops n/m they just upgraded their weakest position. Good thing the Lions aren't doing anything oh n/m they are bringing in Murray and Stewart. But guess what our GM said he was going to be aggressive, maybe he meant aggressively watching the other teams in the division make them better and he would pat because we have a qb that is god but is starting to break down with injuries.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Just seems like y'all are down with OPP. Grass is always greener I guess. Plus, there are still plenty of guys available. Free agency doesn't even start until tomorrow. Y'all need to cool your jets and pump your breaks.
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
I am a little disappointed that there have been no CBs linked to us including the obvious re-signing of House at this point. Also curious that we have not seen any moves on our part concerning restructure or cutting of Matthews, Cobb, Nelson and Bulaga.
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Wait til Wednesday and beyond. Things will happen. Also, let's be clear, the most important deal to be done is Aaron Rodgers. He tilts the division.
gotarace
6 years ago
I have a feeling after the Rodgers contract we may not have the money to compete in the free agent market. Unlike other teams the Packers have real fears of cutting overpaid players loose. (Nelson...Cobb..Clay) It is starting to look like the overpaying our own is the recurring bite in the ass for Packers making a splash in free agency.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
We don't have the need to be involved in pre-first day activities. We need fillers, not blockbusters.
UserPostedImage
musccy
6 years ago
As others have said, this isn't a great FA class and no need to overpay for average. It's the issues the team already has with Clay, Cobb, Bulaga and/or Jordy. That's been my only real frustration thus far...no talk of their restructuring.
gbguy20
6 years ago
With the contracts being passed out right now it is hard to say Cobb and Nelson are overpaid. Good WRs are getting 16 million now, not 10.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.