buckeyepackfan
6 years ago

The Green Bay Packers are expected to lose Morgan Burnett to the Pittsburgh Steelers. In the past few years, the Packers have watched their secondary fall apart. Casey Hayward and Micah Hyde departed in free agency in back-to-back years. This offseason the defensive backfield is losing another major piece. That is according to former Packers

Continue Reading @ LombardiAve 

LombardiAve wrote:

The new GM better have a Damn good plan.
Right now the defensive backfield is pretty Damn weak.
I guess that's why he gets paid the big bucks.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Smokey
6 years ago

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Josh Jones, HaHa Clinton-Dix, and Kevin King will need to step up their games this season. BG, as aware as we are, will I believe be on the case. He has already acted to secure GB a TE and a DE. The Secondary and the WRs must be on the top of his wish list.

I'm glad that BG has not been recruiting scrubs. Yes he did not get Fuller from Chicago, but he did raise the price for the Bears to keep him. [smile]

Let's not get too excited just yet. This is just getting interesting.

🤨

UserPostedImage
Dulak
6 years ago
I liked burnett; I Remember when he was first drafted - practically everyone was high on him. And when he broke his hand (or whatever) he was still our best guy out there (well at least we played him like it). Id rather he be able to catch the ball).

Wonder what they are paying him ie the steelers. He dont have any good veterans left out there do we? burnett was our go to go as a vet goes ... maybe devon house if he is signed.

woodson had lost a step but his veteran status and knowledge of the game was worth more then being just a good player.

6 years ago

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Thompson got paid the big bucks too. Look where that got us.
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
I know it's tough to believe, but the Steelers are practically in our same situation, maybe worse, in the defensive backfield. This makes sense for them. I believe it's time to move on from Burnett, but he has been an above average player for us at multiple points of his career here, and I thank him for that. He's steady and talented, but he's not a gamechanger, and he is not getting any younger.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
Burnett was really our only vet in the DBs. We are really young and HHCD is the vet now. I hope I am wrong, but I don't like not having a older vet in the mix.
isocleas2
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

Honestly the outpouring of venom at Thompson since he stepped down is very unbecoming. Try living through the 70's or 80's then come boohoo about aww we only got one superbowl and 8 straight playoff playoffs from this loser GM. The woe is me routine is embarrassing to fans of teams who actually have had to struggle, and to fans of the Packers who don't take their success for granted. Also the "wahhh but the patriots won a bunch we should too with Rodgers" line is so childish and demeaning to the other great players/teams I'm sick of hearing it. Get over yourselves Packer fans.

I liked Burnett he was a great defensive leader and the players had alot of respect for him. Its a tough business but his strong safety replacement is already on the roster imo with Jones + Dix, and the safety prospects who could be their at #14 play a similar game as well. Too many strong safety options when holes are needed filling elsewhere.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

Yeah, that Super Bowl victory was horrendous, terrible, just utterly horrible. Wait, we LUCKED into the playoffs and LUCKED into everything that season. It wasn't anything to do with Ted Thompson. I am glad I corrected myself before I made a COMPLETE ASS out of myself.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Anywho, we have safety depth. We just have to give them more of a chance to get out there and get more experience. Let's not forget about Brice. He is a force when he is healthy. We don't need safeties. We need corners.

And I know he was a vet, but his numbers last year are pretty bland: 12 games - 3 passes defensed - 1 forced fumble - 0 interceptions. Yawn.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Wait, I thought we didn't like Morgan Burnett? Now we're upset he's signing elsewhere? I'm confused. I don't know if I'm supposed to be sad or happy.

Josh Jones will lay the wood down. I thought we believed he'd replace Burnett anyway?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1m) : No.
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.