buckeyepackfan
6 years ago

The Green Bay Packers are expected to lose Morgan Burnett to the Pittsburgh Steelers. In the past few years, the Packers have watched their secondary fall apart. Casey Hayward and Micah Hyde departed in free agency in back-to-back years. This offseason the defensive backfield is losing another major piece. That is according to former Packers

Continue Reading @ LombardiAve 

LombardiAve wrote:

The new GM better have a Damn good plan.
Right now the defensive backfield is pretty Damn weak.
I guess that's why he gets paid the big bucks.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Smokey
6 years ago

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Josh Jones, HaHa Clinton-Dix, and Kevin King will need to step up their games this season. BG, as aware as we are, will I believe be on the case. He has already acted to secure GB a TE and a DE. The Secondary and the WRs must be on the top of his wish list.

I'm glad that BG has not been recruiting scrubs. Yes he did not get Fuller from Chicago, but he did raise the price for the Bears to keep him. [smile]

Let's not get too excited just yet. This is just getting interesting.

🤨

UserPostedImage
Dulak
6 years ago
I liked burnett; I Remember when he was first drafted - practically everyone was high on him. And when he broke his hand (or whatever) he was still our best guy out there (well at least we played him like it). Id rather he be able to catch the ball).

Wonder what they are paying him ie the steelers. He dont have any good veterans left out there do we? burnett was our go to go as a vet goes ... maybe devon house if he is signed.

woodson had lost a step but his veteran status and knowledge of the game was worth more then being just a good player.

6 years ago

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Thompson got paid the big bucks too. Look where that got us.
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
I know it's tough to believe, but the Steelers are practically in our same situation, maybe worse, in the defensive backfield. This makes sense for them. I believe it's time to move on from Burnett, but he has been an above average player for us at multiple points of his career here, and I thank him for that. He's steady and talented, but he's not a gamechanger, and he is not getting any younger.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago
Burnett was really our only vet in the DBs. We are really young and HHCD is the vet now. I hope I am wrong, but I don't like not having a older vet in the mix.
isocleas2
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

Honestly the outpouring of venom at Thompson since he stepped down is very unbecoming. Try living through the 70's or 80's then come boohoo about aww we only got one superbowl and 8 straight playoff playoffs from this loser GM. The woe is me routine is embarrassing to fans of teams who actually have had to struggle, and to fans of the Packers who don't take their success for granted. Also the "wahhh but the patriots won a bunch we should too with Rodgers" line is so childish and demeaning to the other great players/teams I'm sick of hearing it. Get over yourselves Packer fans.

I liked Burnett he was a great defensive leader and the players had alot of respect for him. Its a tough business but his strong safety replacement is already on the roster imo with Jones + Dix, and the safety prospects who could be their at #14 play a similar game as well. Too many strong safety options when holes are needed filling elsewhere.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

Yeah, that Super Bowl victory was horrendous, terrible, just utterly horrible. Wait, we LUCKED into the playoffs and LUCKED into everything that season. It wasn't anything to do with Ted Thompson. I am glad I corrected myself before I made a COMPLETE ASS out of myself.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Anywho, we have safety depth. We just have to give them more of a chance to get out there and get more experience. Let's not forget about Brice. He is a force when he is healthy. We don't need safeties. We need corners.

And I know he was a vet, but his numbers last year are pretty bland: 12 games - 3 passes defensed - 1 forced fumble - 0 interceptions. Yawn.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Wait, I thought we didn't like Morgan Burnett? Now we're upset he's signing elsewhere? I'm confused. I don't know if I'm supposed to be sad or happy.

Josh Jones will lay the wood down. I thought we believed he'd replace Burnett anyway?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.