buckeyepackfan
6 years ago

Thompson got paid the big bucks too. Look where that got us.

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

In 12 years.
#2 on the total win list
9 trips to the playoffs
4 NFC Championship games
1 Super Bowl win.
Gutekunst can only hope he does that well.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Porforis
6 years ago
Backing off the whole Ted Thompson debate which is a completely different subject for a minute...

I am concerned about the backfield. Really would like to see a veteran signed, I do not feel good about HHCD as the veteran leader in the backfield yet. I do think such a move is coming.
nerdmann
6 years ago
Quentin Rollins belongs at S.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
I can understand why they thought they could work him in as a corner, particularly in the slot. But that draft was misguided. Both he and Randall should have been worked in as safeties, but then why draft both of them? I do not believe the new people in charge will make these type of decisions again. It is a specialized business, but you can't make drafting projects or tweeners the norm. Sometimes you need the prototypes.

Quinten is in a tough spot. He's had multiple serious soft tissue injuries. You worry how that's effected him. There's no telling what they plan to do, but if he makes the roster, I think you've got to try the switch to safety now and see how he does. It will be tough for him at this stage in the game, but assisted in the fact that everyone has to learn something new with a new DC coming in.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Burnett can intercept a pass and then slide down for the Steelers instead of taking it back into FG range to seal a game away. Don't care if Peppers instructed him to do it.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Burnett was good here, but i think the Packers are going with younger guys.
It’s time for the youngsters to step up.

As was said in another thread, it’s better to let a guy go a year early then a year to late.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
i also wonder whether Pettine wants "his kind of guy" maybe our guys weren't somebody he felt was worth the money. This is going to be a fun draft and trading period.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
6 years ago
I think this means we see A) More of Brice on the field (He's good in box, but doesn't fill me with confidence in coverage), and/or 😎 Quentin Rollins moving into the hybrid spot. I don't trust him on the outside right now, but a Nickel/Safety role might be fitting for him.

Jones and Haha are the starters at this point, and both have the raw ability to be great. Just hope Haha gets his mind right this season. Seemed checked out last year (WITH AWFUL ANGLES and/or Bad decisions on the field). Would go a long way if he played like 2016.
Barfarn
6 years ago

Honestly the outpouring of venom at Thompson since he stepped down is very unbecoming. Try living through the 70's or 80's then come boohoo about aww we only got one superbowl and 8 straight playoff playoffs from this loser GM. The woe is me routine is embarrassing to fans of teams who actually have had to struggle, and to fans of the Packers who don't take their success for granted. Also the "wahhh but the patriots won a bunch we should too with Rodgers" line is so childish and demeaning to the other great players/teams I'm sick of hearing it. Get over yourselves Packer fans.

I liked Burnett he was a great defensive leader and the players had alot of respect for him. Its a tough business but his strong safety replacement is already on the roster imo with Jones + Dix, and the safety prospects who could be their at #14 play a similar game as well. Too many strong safety options when holes are needed filling elsewhere.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

Spotrac put Burnett’s market value at $9.8M. So yes, let him walk let’s take the 4th round comp pick. I’ve been waiting for Burnett to sign to bust GB’s new GM’s chops for LOSING us a 4th rounder, because of his moronic double to triple, maybe quadruple over pay to Graham 😂.

But, GB LOST Burnett for a pittance, 3 years 14.5M. That’s probably no more than $4M guaranteed. We LOST a 6th rnd comp pick because of that lazy flaccid TE. Heck, he’d probably have stayed in GB for less. Is Graham twice as good as Burnett? LOL, silly question, our GM has no sense of relative value.

This LINK [@1:11 Burnett 1 on 1 w/ Graham dominates for INT] proves Burnett is 2 x as good as Graham. This is another Graham target that went for an INT, but happened in '16, so it wasn't i the turnover machine post. I'm telling y'all, Graham stinks!

McCarthy complained about “leadership.” I guess it’s possible Jordy and Morgan were a problem; but to replace these 2 with Graham and Wilkerson, looks like we LOST a ton of leadership, I don’t think this matters to the new GM. Though Tramon is a huge leadership upgrade over Randall; that really was not by choice as Tramon was the GB GM’s last hope after losing out on 30 other CBs this off season and the price shows.

I think you're right, we got 2 starters for 2018; but we don’t have his replacement on the roster! Will those 2 guys QB the D as well? In 2019, are we going to pay Dix? Burnett was protection if we LOSE Dix. I have a feeling Ol’ Brian ain’t lookin’ ahead like Ted did [FA protection and comp picks are why Ted put a playoff team on the field 9 straight years with at least 3 SB quality rosters]. In 2018 ya need 3 safeties and Brice will NEVER play a full 16, unless he stops hitting, but then he wont be any good. Though it is true Evans and Whitehead flashed.

But, do ya know the biggest LOSS with jettisoning Burnett? It’s his play at cornerback! When you have an injury run on CBs, if you don’t have a guy that can at least stick his finger in the dyke, you LOSE games. With this new wheeler dealer GM LOSING out on 30 CBs this off season, signing Burnett for a pittance became a no-brainer, a must. Is there a rule saying CBs cant play 16 games; who was the last one…Herb Adderley? We dont have a single CB physically capable of playing 16 games; and know we lost even more depth at CB. I know, we can draft Alexander at #14, he only missed half a year with hand and foot injuries.
gbguy20
6 years ago
Still many CB options available.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (12h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (23h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (23h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.