wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

You do sound critical and there are some threads that I don't post my opinion in the #1 thread post on purpose. The reason is often that I don't want to bias that thread in any certain direction. I do often add my own view sometimes after enough sides have been presented.

This thread I hoped that by flatley stating from the start which player I believe will have a breakout season, Kevin King, that it would encourage others to be bold as well. Some have followed my lead, while others have continued to be non-exclusive with their post.

We all hope that GB's draft choices will help the Packers be successful. This thread ask for a specific player that you feel will raise their level of play in 2018 and be the Packers new shining star.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

As I stated, I wasn't being critical. I was telling you I like these kinds of threads better. I didn't say you can't do the others too. I know why you do them. It's not mutually exclusive. It's terrible when you won't even accept a complement or that I can't express an opinion. I could say more but you will only take it wrong because you look to take everything I say and turn it around. That's your privilege. I can live with it.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Our 2 second year RB’s. I think they will be HUGE for our team.
UserPostedImage
Dulak
6 years ago
wasnt josh jones doing well until ... I forgot now - I stopped caring after hundley took center stage.

Im tempted to put this guy on the list. Or heck Ty if they put him as a WR again since jordy wont be ball hawking ;)

beast
6 years ago

wasnt josh jones doing well until ... I forgot now - I stopped caring after hundley took center stage.

Im tempted to put this guy on the list. Or heck Ty if they put him as a WR again since jordy wont be ball hawking ;)

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

I think Jones played very well in the aggressive attack LB role. But then with Burnett asked to play as a slot CB and Brice getting hurt... Jones was asked to play more coverage Safety and he had a number of blown coverages (like a lot of rookies might).

But at the season end, HaHa and especially Randall were complaining that certain guys were getting playing time despite not playing within the system, and they weren't being held accountable... They wouldn't name who they were talking about, but rumor has it, that it was Jones.

If Josh Jones gets used as a LB, or LB hybrid, then he could have a huge break out season.

UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Josh's head was swimming. It was extremely misguided to make him play as many positions as he did last season, and having Marwin Evans, for example, exclusively playing special teams. My hope is that the new defensive staff is more practical and proactive.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
warhawk
6 years ago

I think Jones played very well in the aggressive attack LB role. But then with Burnett asked to play as a slot CB and Brice getting hurt... Jones was asked to play more coverage Safety and he had a number of blown coverages (like a lot of rookies might).

But at the season end, HaHa and especially Randall were complaining that certain guys were getting playing time despite not playing within the system, and they weren't being held accountable... They wouldn't name who they were talking about, but rumor has it, that it was Jones.

If Josh Jones gets used as a LB, or LB hybrid, then he could have a huge break out season.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I also read an article regarding King and how he graded out and they pointed out that he played well when allowed to be more aggressive in press coverage but no so when asked to play soft cover 2. My understanding with how Pettine likes his CB's to play this would bode well for King. Not to say he doesn't have the athletic ability to improve in other areas but that takes time.

As much emphasis there is on the upcoming draft I think that the 2017 class stepping up to contribute at a higher level is a huge key for overall team improvement. King, Biegel, Adams, and Jones were all injured yet showed they belong in the limited chances they had.

Some one player "breaking out" like Martinez did last year would be awesome but the 2017 class coming back and bringing more to the table would be just as huge and not unrealistic to believe will happen.
So my breakout player is King and my dark horse is Biegel who I think will be like a kid in a candy store under Pettine. If this holds true what a shot in the arm for the Packers that would be.

"The train is leaving the station."
Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

I also read an article regarding King and how he graded out and they pointed out that he played well when allowed to be more aggressive in press coverage but no so when asked to play soft cover 2. My understanding with how Pettine likes his CB's to play this would bode well for King. Not to say he doesn't have the athletic ability to improve in other areas but that takes time.

As much emphasis there is on the upcoming draft I think that the 2017 class stepping up to contribute at a higher level is a huge key for overall team improvement. King, Biegel, Adams, and Jones were all injured yet showed they belong in the limited chances they had.

Some one player "breaking out" like Martinez did last year would be awesome but the 2017 class coming back and bringing more to the table would be just as huge and not unrealistic to believe will happen.
So my breakout player is King and my dark horse is Biegel who I think will be like a kid in a candy store under Pettine. If this holds true what a shot in the arm for the Packers that would be.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

Bravo ! I'd like to read more Warhawk post if they hold as much good sense as this one. I totally agree with your post and will be looking to read more in other threads as well.
👍

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.