Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
Recently a friend told me that Graham sucks in the RZ. I replied, “We both know Graham is worthless; but don’t be a dumbass.” But, I listened and my friend proved his point.

Graham scored 10 TDs in 2017; but also had 8 targets inside the 10 that went for incompletions. What NFL receiver couldn’t get 10 TDs on 18 tries?
All 18 plays are in this LINK 

The greatest indictment against Graham is that not one single Defensive Coordinator in 2017 schemed to stop him in RZ.

NOT ONE SINGLE TIME, on these 18 plays was Graham doubled or bracketed and there almost no effort to cover Graham with the team’s best DB. On half of the plays a free safety even on Graham’s side of the field.

3 plays of the 18 Graham was left uncovered…UNCOVERED; resulting in just 2 TDs [and 1 INC]. Note: a DB falling down is not uncovered. Graham was UNCOVERED.

Only 1 TD [a 5 yarder] came against a top DB. Philly’s Jenkins was picked giving Graham 3-4 yards of separation and Jenkins still closed to challenge the pass.

The defenders on his other 7 TDs were: John Johnson [Rookie 3rd round Rams Safety]; Eli Apple [Graham Pushed-off on beleaguered 2nd yr Giants CB]; Tyvon Branch [Lousy 10 yr Cards safety]; Antoine Bethea [Now lousy 11 yr Cards safety]; Devondre Campbell [A quality 2nd year Atl LB]; Akhello Witherspoon [A pretty good looking SF CB for a 3rd round rookie]; Jourdan Lewis [Another pretty good looking Cowboy CB, but he is also a 3rd round rookie].

His other 7 red zone incompletions came against: Davon House [This was not a bracket-GB was in straight zone-no one shading Graham]; Jayon Brown [lousy 2nd yr Titan LB]; Kevin Byard [Decent 2nd yr Titan safety]; Eli Apple; Janoris Jenkins [Average Giants safety]; Kevin Johnson [Lousy Texan CB]; Keanu Neal [decent 2nd yr safety].

On 2 of the TDs Seattle had 2 TEs on the field, TE Vannett [on the Philly/Jenkins pick held both safeties in center of field, while Graham did an out] and TE Willson [Held the safety on the Atl/Campbell TD] both got more attention than Graham from the defense.

This is Graham’s best part of his game and he only got good stats [10 TDs] because of the high number of targets and that the Defense’s focused on stopping other Seattle receivers. Graham is absolutely no more a RZ threat than Richard Rodgers.

Cheesehead TV has a piece by Andy Herman that ran about a week ago. He identified qualities a good TE must have and found 6-7 clips purporting to show these qualities. In these “good plays,” Graham flinched for what should have been -5; bobbled a pass, dropped a pass, etc. Herman obviously had trouble even finding highlights to cleanly support Graham’s supposed positives. Two of the “good plays” were TDs. But, Herman failed to mention that Graham was lined-up outside covered man by 3rd round rookie CBs [Witherspoon and Jourdan Lewis] and there was no help to be found anywhere in the zip code.

Herman identified some weaknesses. He showed some of his drops, on 2,Graham was left UNCOVERED. 18 plays are identified above, 14 more by Herman and Graham is UNCOVERED in 5 of 32 plays. It hard to find true receiving threats uncovered 5 times in their career.

Herman also understated Graham’s blocking as a “weakness.” It’s actually a despicable malignant Ebola. With his size and athleticism it is clear he just doesn’t care. Herman didn’t provide clips that look like Graham got paid to take a dive, it’s pathetic…disgusting. Onee weakness not mentioned by Herman was Graham’s running wrong routes. Graham is Jeff Janis. At :52 in this LINK  Graham is covered man by Tenn LB Jayon Brown [a poor coverage LB], this is an easy TD for 95% of the NFL’s receivers. This is a simple in/out route and Brown has decent coverage inside. The idiot Graham turned inside toward the coverage instead of outside away, no surprise Wilson thru the ball outside for an INC. Graham is too dumb to do a simple in/out read in his 3rd year in that offense. GB’s passing game is infinitely more complicated than NO’s or Seattle’s, the odds of him adapting to GB’s are very low. And last year, as stated in another post Graham single-handedly caused 4 INTs, that has to be a record. Graham didn't have any fumbles in '17; but has 2 in '16 and 7 over his career.

Some say Seattle didn’t know how to use Graham, really? I wish these people would reveal their reasoning. Reminds me of the expert who blathers on about the earth being flat; they cant support that either. As a Saint Graham had some great plays. Though raw, Graham’s unbelievable athleticism and huge catch radius allowed great stats; but the offense was dumbed down for him. Graham got his big 4 yr contract in 2014, and Saints dumped him in 2015. Ask yourselves: Who gets rid of a superstar, signed for 3 years at $27M cash, so they could take a $9M Cap hit and give Pick #112 to Seattle for Pick #31 and a 29 YO pretty good, not great, injured center [Unger only finished 4 games the year before due to two significant injuries]? Answer: When the Saints paid Jimmy, he took his Sainthood too seriously and decided that he didn’t need to improve. His true soft, lazy me-firstest ugly inner character was revealed. And the Saints dumped him.

PFF overall graded Graham as “poor.” The Outsiders only measure receiving stats like baseball WAR. They compare a player work to the average player and weigh productive yards higher than garbage yards and Graham is #28 TE in DVOA. The guy stinks.

In this deal Graham was the HUGE winner; sorry Smokey, I love ya, the GB GM was a big time LOSER.
Cheesey
5 years ago
Yeah! Why give him the benefit of the doubt before he even touches the field for us!
It’s better to just write a long negative post saying how lousy he is then to see how he does with Aaron Rodgers as his QB.
I mean, heck, what do the Packer leadership know about picking up a player? Armchair QBs know SOOOO much more then THEY do.
(Again....GEEEEEZ!)
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
5 years ago
Wow... This is what I hate about the offseason, right here. Damn.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
nerdmann
5 years ago
How did he look with the Saints?

The theory is that Mike's “creativity” will help him be used more efficiently.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Smokey
5 years ago
I recall reading that Pete Carroll's Seahawks were not a
good of a fit for Graham's talents. Also that GB's offense is more like the Saints offense where Graham first made a name for himself at TE.

Jimmy Graham, like anyone, deserves the chance to make a fresh start in a new job. I welcome him to the Packers and wish him great success.

[cheers]

If your not the lead dog, the view never changes.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

I recall reading that Pete Carroll's Seahawks were not a
good of a fit for Graham's talents. Also that GB's offense is more like the Saints offense where Graham first made a name for himself at TE.

Jimmy Graham, like anyone, deserves the chance to make a fresh start in a new job. I welcome him to the Packers and wish him great success.

[cheers]

If your not the lead dog, the view never changes.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Can Mike scheme him open? Mike doesn’t do that. Maybe Philbin will. The other question is, can he still run? We’ll find out.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Can Mike scheme him open? Mike doesn’t do that. Maybe Philbin will. The other question is, can he still run? We’ll find out.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

If you followed the Packers when Jermicahel Finley played, you'd know the answer is yes. Defenses had to scheme around the threat if Finley. It opened things up for WR. That's what Graham will do for us.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
Remember who our offensive coordinator was then? I don't think it was mikes doing
nyrpack
5 years ago
When he puts up monster numbers with Aaron this year , I’ll make sure all you doubters are spoken to !!
jimmy b.
Cheesey
5 years ago
I hope that is the way it goes! I think Graham with Rodgers, is going to open up a lot of possibilities.
Will open up more for Adams and the other WRs.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.