wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
I don't know how you spent your day today but Rhonda and I put in nearly 300 miles.

We started by going to her mother's house essentially to tell her happy Easter and spend a little time with her. Prearranged, my son called to greet her and, oh by the way, he and his wife are expecting... Twins! My mother in law was too busy talking she didn't hear the second part. The look on her face was worth the trip.

Next we headed to my sister's house where my mother was spending the weekend. I told my sister we would drop by on our way home just to see Mom for a few minutes. Once again I got a phone call while I was talking to Mom. I had it on speaker so everyone in the room could hear him talking to Mom. She was so excited she started to cry. My sister kept talking to my son. I interrupted a couple of times to let my son know Mom is still crying.

My wife sent a text to her sisters while we were at her mom's. I sent one to my siblings at my mom found out.

8 hours and 300 miles we got home. We are a bit tired. It was a good day.

Last weekend I drove the 3 hours to my son's home to help him move some furniture around. I tried to get him to let me help him paint but he hired a contractor. I will head back in a couple of weeks to help him with some more heavy lifting. It's good to be needed.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
That’s what the bread dough said to the baker....”it’s good to be kneaded!”

Man....sounds like you had a GREAT day! And congrats on the twins!
That’s wonderful news!!!🤣
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
6 years ago
My son called this evening. They will have a girl and a boy. Tentative due date Oct 16.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Wow....one of each! I bet you can’t wait to spoil them!😁
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

My son called this evening. They will have a girl and a boy. Tentative due date Oct 16.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Eh? That's about 3 weeks too late. You want to aim for delivery date between Sept 21st and Sept 23rd for perfection. 😁 😲

Congrats.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
6 years ago

Eh? That's about 3 weeks too late. You want to aim for delivery date between Sept 21st and Sept 23rd for perfection. 😁 😲

Congrats.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

We all agree with you. Twins tend to come 1-3 weeks early. So it's possible.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
5 years ago
My wife stopped by the office yesterday and closed the door. Not a good sign.
I stand to greet her and she tells me to sit down. Not a good sign.
She just got off the phone with our son. (Not a good sign)

While our little boy seems to be healthy and growing we lost our little girl. This makes the surviving baby an extremely high risk case. They had to transfer to another doctor who only deals with high risk pregnancies.

They are now in the process of "de-twinning" the house. My daughter in law is not sure about having the baby shower.

She is still 13 weeks away from delivery but everything feels like a funeral instead of waiting for the birth of our grandson. I was wandering around this site and I could not believe how hurt I was when I saw the random internet photos I used for the babies in an earlier post. I deleted both of them.

I sent my son a note yesterday and told him to donate the extra car seat and high chair to a local charity. I paid for them and I don't want him to go through the hassle of trying to return it to the merchant.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago
Sorry to hear that Wayne, absolutely terrible. I hope the daughter in law goes with with the baby shower. She is still going to be a mother and I'm told those things are pretty encouraging. I believe she could benefit from it.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
Wayne....I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I wish there were words that would comfort you and make the pain go away. But I know there are no such words. Just know that I care and my
Heart goes out to you, your wife and son and daughter in law .
You people are so loving and giving.
You don’t deserve this heartache.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
5 years ago
My condolences to you and your family. Prayers for the little boy and hopefully the family can keep a positive focus on him and not focus on the loss. Sorry it is a extremely difficult subject for me as I lost a baby girl at 2 weeks old. It is the most painful thing in the world to lose a child.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (1h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (1h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (2h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (3h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
49m / Random Babble / Martha Careful

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.