Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
13 players will be taken before GB gets to pick a player in the draft. QBs will be tarn early, lets say 4. Then for sure the RB Barkley, the CB Ward, the OG Nelson, the DE Chubb, and the WR Ridley will be off the board before the 14th pick. That leaves just four picks remaining ahead of GB.

GB's greatest need is for defensive players. CB and an Edge Rusher are the highest priority. However with the addition of Wilkerson to the DL, BG has formed the trio of Daniels/Clark/and Wilkerson that will be an inside pass rush threat. They can/will demand greater attention and thereby free Matthews and Perry for better pass rushing opturnities and vice versa. Problem patched.

This leaves the CB spot as the greatest need, and as we shall see, BG will pick both the best available player and fill GB's greatest need in one stroke.

Joshua Jackson - CB - Iowa , a win/win pick !

Jackson has good size at 6'0" and respectable speed too. Yet what impresses me the most is his long arms and huge hands. His highlights show him using his great reach to foil and pick off passes. He will be a Pro-Bowl Corner in the NFL, I want that player to play for the Packers.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago
I ave been watching Josh Jackson. He may well be the best CB available. We shall see.
Walter's has him as the #11 best overall player. NFL.com the 19th.

Joshua Jackson, 6-0/196 Cornerback Iowa
Joshua Jackson Scouting Report By Charlie Campbell

Strengths:
Instinctive
Tremendous ball skills
Dangerous interception skills; a true ballhawk
Soft hands
Threat to take the ball away
Knows what to do with the ball after making an interception
Good route recognition
Can run the route with the receiver
Consistently prevents separation
Makes big plays in zone coverage
Smart covers up receivers in his area
Excellent length - 32.75 inch arms
Can jam receivers
Has some ball skills
Adept at taking on big receivers
Can outfight defenders on contested catches
Gritty, physical defender
Willing tackler
Can play zone coverage
Athletic upside
Has some quickness

Weaknesses:
Could have problems with deep speed
Doesn't have elite speed
Not impressively twitchy

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018JJackson.php#2zmTJ1FEOIJvm2QV.99 

Strengths
Had mind-blowing ball-hawking season with 27 passes defensed including eight interceptions
Tall with long arms
Allowed 41.3 percent completion rate
Made a play on 25.7 percent of his targets
Makes his own fortune
Instincts are top-notch
Plays the ball and not the man
Flashed supreme ball skills
High-point winner with ability to pull down the one-hand grab
Put together monster performances in big games
Finished with three interceptions in upset win over Ohio State and two pick-sixes against Wisconsin
Anticipates routes
Allowed no touchdowns after Week 4
Spotlight player
Lauded for positive attitude and strong work ethic
Weaknesses
One-year wonder
Has just 14 career starts
Early opener from press
Needs more experience and more patience
Too easily influenced by release fakes at the line of scrimmage
Can be turned by quality routes
Doesn't flash a big chase burst when he gets behind on the routes (crossers)
Needs to tighten up tackling
Questions are being raised about his long speed
Buys into route breaks a little too hard from trail and can be double-moved

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josh-jackson?id=32462018-0002-5600-3068-0cebf6c8b276 
UserPostedImage
dhazer
5 years ago

Denzel Ward will be off the board before the Packers 14th pick. However, there is a good chance that Joshua Jackson the CB from Iowa will be. At 6'-0" and 196 lbs he has long arms (32.75") and big hands too (9.75). He also ran a respectable 4.56 sec. 40 yd dash.

Joshua Jackson - CB - Iowa, my choice for GBs 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

[cheers]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

I think this kid is over rated, out of his 5 interceptions 3 came against Wisconsin. I like the kid from Louisville if we go corner.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

I'm fully expecting the Packers 1st pick to be a DB or LB.

I think it's fair to guess 3 QBs, RB Saquon Barkley, DE Bradley Chubb and an OL (most likely OG Quenton Nelson) will off off the board by the Packers selection. Which is 6 spots taken up, and there will probably be a 4th QB, at least based off all the hype taken, which makes 7.

Which means one (or more) of the follow 7 should fall to the 14th overall pick/selection.
DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
SS Derwin James
CB Denzel Ward
ILB Tremaine Edmunds
ILB Roquan Smith
OLB Harold Landry
OLB Marcus Davenport

And there could be others in there, such as
DT Vita Vea
DT DaRon Payne
OT Connor Williams
OT Mike McGlinchey
WR DJ Moore
WR Calvin Ridley
And a number of CBs could slip in there as well.

UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

I ave been watching Josh Jackson. He may well be the best CB available. We shall see.
Walter's has him as the #11 best overall player. NFL.com the 19th.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I think Jackson is a GREAT athlete, but he's still got a ton to learn about playing at CB. His great athleticism is letting get away with some pretty bad habits (such as a horrible back petal), which I think teams will be able to take advantage of in the pros. Of course, if he can learn great technique, to go with his great athleticism, then he could potentially become the best CB in this draft... but he's got a long long way to go.

I think this kid is over rated, out of his 5 interceptions 3 came against Wisconsin. I like the kid from Louisville if we go corner.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

The Louisville CB seems to be injured too often for me. When he's healthy, he's good!

All of the CBs that the Packers looked at in the offseason, where taller, longer, more physical CBs... which makes me think the Packers will look for that type in the draft. Such as Minkah Fitzpatrick, Josh Jackson, Isaiah Oliver and Carlton Davis is who I'd be guessing.

UserPostedImage
yooperfan
5 years ago

A team that can't win up front is in trouble in the back.
Shut down the run game, pressure the QB and the Db's jobs gets a whole lot easier.

I'll go a round further and say The Packers trade up to grab Billy Price G/C Ohio State.
Fills 2 needs, backup C and starting RG.

Now if one of these top 10 players . That have been talked about were to drop to The Packers, then you take them.

You can't draft for need, when you don't know what your needs are.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Most everybody knows what our needs are, CB, edge, safety, right guard, right tackle, WR.
Take a d lineman on day 3.

Bigbyfan
5 years ago
I'm still hoping the Packers draft Roquan Smith. I have a feeling he'd be the Pro Bowler at MLB we've wanted for years.
blank
TheKanataThrilla
5 years ago

I'm still hoping the Packers draft Roquan Smith. I have a feeling he'd be the Pro Bowler at MLB we've wanted for years.

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan 

I like it. I am wondering how much influence Pettine will have on the pick. When Dom took over he ended up getting guys early to help with the adjustment to the 3-4 in Raji and Matthews.

Call me crazy, but I am now thinking that the 1st pick will be a shocker and it will be QB Josh Rosen.
DoddPower
5 years ago
I'm hoping for Rosen. And I still love Rodgers.
Bigbyfan
5 years ago
I don't see the Packers drafting a QB. I could see them trading back to a QB needy team. I hope not.

I'm probably in the minority, but I think this year's QB class is overrated. I see bust potential in all of them.

Sam Darnold - Was a turnover machine in college. You willing to bet that will change going against NFL defenses?

Josh Rosen - Has questions about his passion/devotion to the game. Won absolutely nothing in college.

Josh Allen - Has the tools, but hasn't had a season with a good completion percentage since his JV season in high school. Yes... NFL teams actually looked that far back into his past lol.

Baker Mayfield - Obviously has to make an attitude adjustment if he wants to be a face of a franchise. Doesn't have the "desired" height for the position. Also he played in the Big Twelve, where defense is frowned upon.

Lamar Jackson - Has accuracy issues. Missed a lot of easy throws and rarely "threw guys open." Plus, if you're not built like Cam Newton, slender running QB don't tend to hold up long. Look at RG3 and Deshaun Watson.
blank