Zero2Cool
5 years ago
Inside this quote, the most interesting part to me is the need, don't need. We have Aaron Rodgers, we don't need no damn WR! We could field Alan out there and he'd get 100 catches and 12 TD's! He's sneaky fast!

14. GREEN BAY PACKERS (7-9)

LAST SEASON: Missed playoffs for first time since 2008 after quarterback Aaron Rodgers missed two months with broken collarbone. His absence exposed how much team's limitations could be covered up by two-time NFL MVP. Davante Adams eclipsed Jordy Nelson as team's top receiver, but signing of tight end Martellus Bennett turned bad and he was cut at midseason. Injuries ravaged cornerback position for second straight year, while LB Clay Matthews and edge rush couldn't generate consistent pressure. Second-year players Kenny Clark and Dean Lowry joined Mike Daniels as bright spots on defensive line, and Blake Martinez turned into tackling machine at inside linebacker. But subpar season overall led coach Mike McCarthy to overhaul staff.

THEY NEED: OLB, CB, WR, S, RG, RT, TE

THEY DON'T NEED: QB, LT, DL, RB

POSSIBLE FIRST PICK:
[list]

• DE Marcus Davenport, UTSA;
  • DE-LB Harold Landry, Boston College;
  • CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State;
  • CB Mike Hughes, UCF;
  • CB Josh Jackson, Iowa;
  • S Minkah Fitpatrick, Alabama;
  • S Derwin James, Florida State.[/list]

• OUTLOOK: Longtime personnel executive Brian Gutekunst enters first draft as general manager. Packers don't often pick this high in first round, so Gutekunst has opportunity to take immediate contributor on defense led by new coordinator Mike Pettine that needs more playmakers. Pass rush could use infusion with Matthews turning 31 this year. Safeties Fitzpatrick and James could provide versatility, especially following departures of Micah Hyde and Morgan Burnett in free agency over last two years.

Continue reading @AP 

UserPostedImage
    nerdmann
    5 years ago
    We’re not desperate at any position. We have the minimum needed pretty much everywhere. But we can get better. Gives us alot of freedom, if someone drops to us. And I believe several will.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
    Cheesey
    5 years ago
    KEVIN!!!
    Yes, I AM “sneaky fast” ( or as my wife would say, “sneaky, and halfast!”)
    The Packers did give me a call, and asked if I could fill in in Jordy Nelson’s place. But I told them I’m too busy, and I have WAY too much money.
    (Yeah.....THAT’S the ticket!!!)😂
    UserPostedImage
    Nonstopdrivel
    5 years ago

“sneaky, and halfast!”

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I read this as “sneaky, and halfmast!” at first glance. Sounds about right.

UserPostedImage
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    5 years ago
    I find this a bit ironic.

THEY NEED: OLB, CB, WR, S, RG, RT, TE

THEY DON'T NEED: QB, LT, DL, RB

POSSIBLE FIRST PICK:
    DE Marcus Davenport, UTSA;
    DE-LB Harold Landry, Boston College;

All things being equal why not list the 5 DB players ahead of the 2 DL that they don't need? Or at least have the linemen in the middle of the list. After all, Landry is rated as a 2nd round pick by many.
    UserPostedImage
    sschind
    5 years ago

Inside this quote, the most interesting part to me is the need, don't need. We have Aaron Rodgers, we don't need no damn WR! We could field Alan out there and he'd get 100 catches and 12 TD's! He's sneaky fast!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Another fan with his head in the sand about the WRs. "Wide Receivers? we don't need no stinking Wide Receivers. We got Aaron Freakin Rodgers and he makes every one great." Everyone like Jared Abbredaris, Jake Allen, Geronimo Allison, Jarret Boykin, Michael Clark, Trevor Davis, Kevin Dorsey, Biren Ealy, Chris Harper, Jeff Janis, Ruvell Martin, Ty Montgomery, Jeremy Ross, Brett Swain, Miles White. Rodgers sure turned these guys into 100 catch 12 TD guys.

Even if you take off Allison , Davis and Clark thinking they still might develop I'd bet anything that if we don't get anyone to help at least 2 of the 3 will remain on this list. Even if you take off Montogomery because he is contributing at RB he still wasn't made into such an indispensable receiver by Aaron Rodgers that Mike McCarthy couldn't make the switch.

Yes we have had some good ones Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones and Jordy Nelson but we only have 2 of those right now and 1 is questionable beyond this season.

WR may not be our biggest need but it is a need. Especially if you want to look beyond this season. How many times do we hear that WRs in GB don't amount to a hill of beans if Aaron Rodgers doesn't trust them because he won't throw to them. None of the good ones were later than a 3rd round pick. You don't get to be a third round pick or higher if you don't have some talent. Do you really think you can grab anyone (sorry Alan, I'm sure you would be an exception) and he will gain ARs trust. I don't think so.
    nerdmann
    5 years ago

Another fan with his head in the sand about the WRs. "Wide Receivers? we don't need no stinking Wide Receivers. We got Aaron Freakin Rodgers and he makes every one great." Everyone like Jared Abbredaris, Jake Allen, Geronimo Allison, Jarret Boykin, Michael Clark, Trevor Davis, Kevin Dorsey, Biren Ealy, Chris Harper, Jeff Janis, Ruvell Martin, Ty Montgomery, Jeremy Ross, Brett Swain, Miles White. Rodgers sure turned these guys into 100 catch 12 TD guys.

Even if you take off Allison , Davis and Clark thinking they still might develop I'd bet anything that if we don't get anyone to help at least 2 of the 3 will remain on this list. Even if you take off Montogomery because he is contributing at RB he still wasn't made into such an indispensable receiver by Aaron Rodgers that Mike McCarthy couldn't make the switch.

Yes we have had some good ones Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones and Jordy Nelson but we only have 2 of those right now and 1 is questionable beyond this season.

WR may not be our biggest need but it is a need. Especially if you want to look beyond this season. How many times do we hear that WRs in GB don't amount to a hill of beans if Aaron Rodgers doesn't trust them because he won't throw to them. None of the good ones were later than a 3rd round pick. You don't get to be a third round pick or higher if you don't have some talent. Do you really think you can grab anyone (sorry Alan, I'm sure you would be an exception) and he will gain ARs trust. I don't think so.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Michael Clark gets another developmental year, and probably some snaps as the "Jimmy Graham" hybrid WR/TE mini me. Trevor Davis needs to prove he belongs. It's year three for him, can he run routes or not?

Allison has to beat out Yancey, and I like Yancey better right now. We shall see.

Davante is one cheap shot to the skull away from retirement. And we all know that teams are taking their shots at him, with no consequences from Mike.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
    TheKanataThrilla
    5 years ago

Michael Clark gets another developmental year, and probably some snaps as the "Jimmy Graham" hybrid WR/TE mini me. Trevor Davis needs to prove he belongs. It's year three for him, can he run routes or not?

Allison has to beat out Yancey, and I like Yancey better right now. We shall see.

Davante is one cheap shot to the skull away from retirement. And we all know that teams are taking their shots at him, with no consequences from Mike.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I am hoping we draft DJ Chark as I love how fast he is and he can actually run routes.

A late project I like is Jake Wieneke as I see him being a redzone type of threat as he is quite tall.

Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
    Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
    wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
    wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
    Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
    wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
    Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
    wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
    wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
    wpr (17-Mar) : INI
    wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
    Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
    Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
    Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
    Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
    dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
    dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
    dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
    Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
    Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
    Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
    dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
    Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
    Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.