beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

beast, of all this forums members, you most consistently seem to enjoy spinning a thread/post into a debate.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

That's because you keep saying something clearly technically wrong, and I stupidly try to gently point out why it's technically wrong. I keep forgetting you don't care about technical information as you find bliss in your ignorance of the technical details.

But since your calling me out... out of all posters, you're the only one that feels the freaking need to always have your post text at a different size... it seems as your compensating for a lack of something... is it knowledge? eyesight? something else?

[size=6]Yes, Joe Whitt Jr. will have much to do with the GB Secondary. However Coach Simmons will most likely be the one at practice showing and teaching fundamental skills as Coach Witt JR. works to coordinate strategy.

You're implying that Whitt isn't going to be showing and teaching fundamental skills to the players...

From a technical aspect, that's so stupid that it's insulting... because of course all the freaking coaches are going to be showing and teaching fundamental skills to the players or they should be fired.

All this over, me simply pointing out that your message is overlooking Whitt, who's probably in charge of the DBs, after all he is in change of the passing game defense, which kinda in a large part has to do with the DBs.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
5 years ago
1) I find the size of the lettering in this forum too small, but insensitive young know-it-alls rarely take that into account. It is an eyesight thing.

2) I never said that Whitt would not be doing any of the hands on coaching, but that his new duties would naturally occupy a greater portion of his time and Simmons and his assistants would be assuming more of the hands on daily nuts and bolts of training and supervising the players.

3) Coach Whitt, IMO, is like a Sargent that gets promoted to an Officer. While Simmons, IMO, is like the Corporal that got promoted to Sargent and has taken over Whitt's old job.

UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

1) I find the size of the lettering in this forum too small, but insensitive young know-it-alls rarely take that into account. It is an eyesight thing.

2) I never said that Whitt would not be doing any of the hands on coaching, but that his new duties would naturally occupy a greater portion of his time and Simmons and his assistants would be assuming more of the hands on daily nuts and bolts of training and supervising the players.

3) Coach Whitt, IMO, is like a Sargent that gets promoted to an Officer. While Simmons, IMO, is like the Corporal that got promoted to Sargent and has taken over Whitt's old job.

1) I might try to take it into account if I know about it... also I might suggest using the Ctrl + plus (+) or Ctrl + minus (-) combo keys on a computer to try to zoom in and out, which sometimes helps with font sizes (On different websites, we all like something different, that adjustment sometimes helps, at least for me, when text is too small).

2) and 3) I see your logic, but this isn't the army. Edgar Bennett became the WR coach and still had a huge hand in the offensive run game coordinator spot (through there was no official title then), but point being he didn't just leave his old role because of a new title.

But Whitt's promoting is simple to all the coverage guys, instead of simple the CBs, so he still has to teach the CBs, but also the Safeties and LBs as well... and Simmons is replacing Darren Perry, not Whitt and is coaching all the DBs. They're both going to keep coaching up the players, just like Whitt and Perry did last year... just the set up and titles are different.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago
beast, beast, beast, if you think for one minute you are going to take over the position of Smokey’s most reviled PackersHome poster, you best think again. That’s my turf bud. Until he makes a stupid, nonsensical acronym out of your name, you ain’t even on the first team son.

Smokey doesn’t like criticism, well intended or not. (By the way, you used “their” instead of “there” on one of your earlier posts.) To disagree with Smokey in any manner is to invite his scorn and distain.

No other member has sent more PMs to moderators whining and complaining about his fellow members than Smokey. Amazingly he feels no need to show the same respect he craves in return.

It took me a while but I get it. I finally decided I would rather have Smokey posting here even with all his foibles than have him pack up and leave. I like the variety. Not many start as many posts as he does and he does so over a very wide range of topics. Kuddos.

I used to wonder about the larger font fetish. But I figured it is so much extra work it must be his vision and if it makes him happy so be it. That’s one of the reasons I like my touch screen laptop. It’s so easy to increase/decrease the font as needed.

Smokey is a loyal Packer fan. The larger the club the better. Let him warble on if it makes him happy. If he doesn't like people pointing out any of his errors don't torment the man. Ignorance is bliss.

As for the topic at hand, perhaps Simmons is the key. I can’t say for sure. Over the years, very few of the position coaches have received a lot of love for their work. They certainly get the wrath from the fans when the team struggles. If the defense steps up this year and the secondary is stellar I really don't care who gets the praise. Bring home the Lombardi and there will be plenty to go around for the players, position coaches, DC, HC and GM.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
5 years ago
It must be such an empowering ego trip to slash/jab/and inpune another from the safety of the internet. It is quite clear that neither you beast, or you wpr would ever have the testosterone to stand face to face with anyone and speak as you have me. As for me, I've never been afraid to stand up to any bully, ever.

I doubt that either of you have any real friends. You both read like Donald Trump stormtroopers, but that is easy to remedy by hiding your post.

[fing1]

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago
*** LOCKED ***

How the hell does Donald damn Trump get mentioned in this? Unreal, un-MOTHERFUCKING-real. Okay bye.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (46m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
49m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.