buckeyepackfan
5 years ago
Offer him what they offered Jordy.

Dez says yes, it would be a good fit.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DoddPower
5 years ago

Offer him what they offered Jordy.

Dez says yes, it would be a good fit.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

So league minimum? That will work as well as it did for Jordy.
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago

So league minimum? That will work as well as it did for Jordy.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Exactly.

Cobb being dumped just to sign Bryant is also bullshit.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
5 years ago

Then what would be the point of signing him. IMO it wouldn't represent enough of an upgrade, if any at all, to warrant the switch and the relatively small cap savings wouldn't amount to enough to make the risk worth it.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

The point would be 1: you wouldn't be overpaying and 2: you get a perimeter guy with some size.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
5 years ago
profootballrumors 

Some would argue that the Packers could use more firepower in the WR department, but Packers decision makers do not agree – or, at the very least, they do not see Bryant as a fit at this time.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
5 years ago
If he’s looking to try to get a SB ring, he would be smart to take a cheap one year deal, then go for the big bucks if he shows he still has it.
Rodgers would be a great QB to use Dez’s talents.
Of course I have NO idea what the Packer brass are thinking.
So I guess we won’t know until Bryant signs somewhere.
UserPostedImage
sschind
5 years ago

The point would be 1: you wouldn't be overpaying and 2: you get a perimeter guy with some size.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

You wouldn't be overpaying for Cobb but you wouldn't have him on the team either. You cut him to sign Bryant then you need to find someone to take his place. I suppose you could get Bryant and a replacement for Cobb for what we are paying Cobb but that would be a necessity. Signing Bryant, cutting Cobb and not replacing him would leave us no better off than staying the way we are now.

nerdmann
5 years ago

You wouldn't be overpaying for Cobb but you wouldn't have him on the team either. You cut him to sign Bryant then you need to find someone to take his place. I suppose you could get Bryant and a replacement for Cobb for what we are paying Cobb but that would be a necessity. Signing Bryant, cutting Cobb and not replacing him would leave us no better off than staying the way we are now.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Any one of these guys could line up in the slot and get 600 yards.

How much does Yancey make?
warhawk
5 years ago
I think there comes a point where too much change begins to erode the possibility of improvement.
There is a new OC.
There is a revamped offensive playbook.
There is no longer Jordy.
There is now Graham.
Without anything else happening that's a lot of change. Now if you consider adding Bryant and cutting Cobb....wow. Do they really need to go that far? I hope not.

I hope that the new OC and offensive plan will help Cobb and Graham will prove to be a good signing. At least I believe that's been part of the plan all along. That would leave the only hole at the #3 wr position with about 8 players trying to win that spot. I don't see the need for a whole lot more change to end up starting the season in very good shape with our passing game.

Not to forget they need to have a hot start this year the way the schedule is set up. They need to win early and often before that very tough middle of season schedule. They don't have the luxury of time to work their way into becoming familiar with one another.

They've made plenty of changes between players, coaches, and playbook. More than this offense has seen in many years combined. Find a viable #3 and get to work and they will be fine.

"The train is leaving the station."
sschind
5 years ago

Any one of these guys could line up in the slot and get 600 yards.

How much does Yancey make?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

maybe... if they throw them the ball. We will never know but the bottom line for me is signing Bryant would be an OK move. Signing Bryant and cutting Cobb would be a big mistake.

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.