buckeyepackfan
5 years ago
Offer him what they offered Jordy.

Dez says yes, it would be a good fit.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DoddPower
5 years ago

Offer him what they offered Jordy.

Dez says yes, it would be a good fit.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

So league minimum? That will work as well as it did for Jordy.
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago

So league minimum? That will work as well as it did for Jordy.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Exactly.

Cobb being dumped just to sign Bryant is also bullshit.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
5 years ago

Then what would be the point of signing him. IMO it wouldn't represent enough of an upgrade, if any at all, to warrant the switch and the relatively small cap savings wouldn't amount to enough to make the risk worth it.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

The point would be 1: you wouldn't be overpaying and 2: you get a perimeter guy with some size.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
5 years ago
profootballrumors 

Some would argue that the Packers could use more firepower in the WR department, but Packers decision makers do not agree – or, at the very least, they do not see Bryant as a fit at this time.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
5 years ago
If he’s looking to try to get a SB ring, he would be smart to take a cheap one year deal, then go for the big bucks if he shows he still has it.
Rodgers would be a great QB to use Dez’s talents.
Of course I have NO idea what the Packer brass are thinking.
So I guess we won’t know until Bryant signs somewhere.
UserPostedImage
sschind
5 years ago

The point would be 1: you wouldn't be overpaying and 2: you get a perimeter guy with some size.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

You wouldn't be overpaying for Cobb but you wouldn't have him on the team either. You cut him to sign Bryant then you need to find someone to take his place. I suppose you could get Bryant and a replacement for Cobb for what we are paying Cobb but that would be a necessity. Signing Bryant, cutting Cobb and not replacing him would leave us no better off than staying the way we are now.

nerdmann
5 years ago

You wouldn't be overpaying for Cobb but you wouldn't have him on the team either. You cut him to sign Bryant then you need to find someone to take his place. I suppose you could get Bryant and a replacement for Cobb for what we are paying Cobb but that would be a necessity. Signing Bryant, cutting Cobb and not replacing him would leave us no better off than staying the way we are now.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Any one of these guys could line up in the slot and get 600 yards.

How much does Yancey make?
warhawk
5 years ago
I think there comes a point where too much change begins to erode the possibility of improvement.
There is a new OC.
There is a revamped offensive playbook.
There is no longer Jordy.
There is now Graham.
Without anything else happening that's a lot of change. Now if you consider adding Bryant and cutting Cobb....wow. Do they really need to go that far? I hope not.

I hope that the new OC and offensive plan will help Cobb and Graham will prove to be a good signing. At least I believe that's been part of the plan all along. That would leave the only hole at the #3 wr position with about 8 players trying to win that spot. I don't see the need for a whole lot more change to end up starting the season in very good shape with our passing game.

Not to forget they need to have a hot start this year the way the schedule is set up. They need to win early and often before that very tough middle of season schedule. They don't have the luxury of time to work their way into becoming familiar with one another.

They've made plenty of changes between players, coaches, and playbook. More than this offense has seen in many years combined. Find a viable #3 and get to work and they will be fine.

"The train is leaving the station."
sschind
5 years ago

Any one of these guys could line up in the slot and get 600 yards.

How much does Yancey make?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

maybe... if they throw them the ball. We will never know but the bottom line for me is signing Bryant would be an OK move. Signing Bryant and cutting Cobb would be a big mistake.

Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.