walleye
15 years ago
CHICAGO
"Kyle Orton looked comfortable this preseason when I saw him. Looked like he controlled the huddle real well. He was hitting some passes that maybe a couple years ago he didn't hit. My guess is that's why they went with him." . . . "Defensively, they haven't played well. It just doesn't seem like they're as dominant a group as what they've been with the same guys. Some guys haven't played well." . . . "They're not playing the run very well and their offense is who knows what. Bad offensive line. Not so great defensive line right now." . . . "The new back, (Matt) Forte, has some really, really good qualities. He can bang it and he also can slash you. He's a little bit faster than people give him credit for." . . . "Tommie Harris is one of the better D-tackles in the league and I don't need to say very much about that middle linebacker (Brian Urlacher). They're going to regain what they had the year (2006) they went to the Super Bowl" . . . "(Guard) Josh Beekman is playing OK. (Left tackle) John St. Clair is probably a liability. But if you're OK and functioning at the other spots you can help that guy." . . . "They got an explosive guy in (Devin) Hester. If they can get the ball in that guy's hands it will make that quarterback look real good. Get that guy in space."

DETROIT
"They run that 'Tampa 2' defense and now they're getting some of the people in place to do that." . . . "The defensive line is OK. They hit quick. They've got a lot of Tampa Bay guys on the defensive line." . . . "He (coach Rod Marinelli) wants them to play fast. They play on that surface (at Ford Field), which is built for speed. They have a lot of the same things that are in place in Tampa and Indianapolis. Shorter, quicker, fast guys." . . . "It's a unique system. You have to have some undersized quick guys. That's the key. If you don't have quickness, your smaller guys will get worn down." . . . "The rookie back, Kevin Smith, will be pretty good. He's not an elusive guy but he's got size and he can run downhill. If Rudi (Johnson) is healthy coming off that hamstring, they could have a good 1-2 punch." . . . "Rudi still is a solid starter. That will help them a lot." . . . "They'll try to run the football. If you can do that, that sets up a lot of things with play-action and dropback and boots. If they do that, they've got some dangerous weapons outside." . . . "I don't see either the Bears or Lions factoring. For some reason, I see Detroit being a little bit better and possibly competing there at the end for a wild card."

GREEN BAY
"(Aaron) Rodgers looks like he's made some strides and he played well in that half against Dallas last year. He's going to have some swings. He just needs help. Give me a short field. Turn the ball over. Let's run the football. But you can't win in this league if that guy's not playing well." . . . "I know the Packers are a young team. Youth will be a little bit of an issue. You did have the quarterback (Brett Favre) to kind of calm that all down." . . . "Nice depth at receiver. The (offensive) line should be fine. It gets overrated sometimes but the triggerman has to get the ball out. (Ryan) Grant stepped in and played well a year ago. He should be fine." . . . "Defensively, they're relatively solid. I don't think they're special in any way. Looks like they've got a little bit of depth." . . . "The linebackers are a good group. I think the question is the interior, how those guys hold up inside. Last year, I liked that whole group. Maybe they don't have the depth they had." ... "(Cullen) Jenkins has gotten to be like his brother (Kris). He looked like just a guy the other day. Maybe he's still hurt." . . . "The safeties are solid guys, just different. One guy (Nick Collins) is rangier. The other guy (Atari Bigby) shows up around the ball and has got a little punch when he tackles."

MINNESOTA
"Brad (Childress) has had success with a very similar guy in (Donovan) McNabb. I'm not saying that (Tarvaris) Jackson is the next McNabb. But slowly but surely he's getting a little bit better. The team seems to believe in him, too. The kid's a confident kid." . . . "Jackson is athletic, he's got an arm, he runs around, he makes throws. People will try to shut down the run and let him beat you. He was a little inconsistent a year ago . . . but I'm kind of excited about him." . . . "I like the fact that Minnesota has the back (Adrian Peterson). When you've got a runner you can turn around and give it to him 30 times a game. That has to weigh in." . . . "You can chip to help (left tackle) Artis Hicks. I don't think you're going to just leave him out there hung out to dry if he's struggling." . . . "The right tackle (Ryan Cook) doesn't have great anchor. Decent athlete, but not real strong." . . . "The (defensive) front's good. Pressure with four. Jared Allen is a great signing." . . . "(Bobby) Wade has been a great signing. Underneath possession-type guy. Reliable. (Bernard) Berrian is a vertical guy." . . . "They've got runners and the wideouts look pretty deep." . . . "They're at Green Bay first. You'll find out right off the bat what kind of team they'll both have and how the race will shape up. Any time you have a back and you add a guy like Allen, you've got a chance to improve. I'm saying 10-6."
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
warhawk
15 years ago
If the Vikings are deep at Wide Out we have the Grand freaking Canyon.
"The train is leaving the station."
zombieslayer
15 years ago

If the Vikings are deep at Wide Out we have the Grand freaking Canyon.

"warhawk" wrote:

Maybe they do have decent WRs. We'll just never know, because they got nobody who can hit them. :lol:
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
rabidgopher04
15 years ago
A little punch? Bigby will take your head off if you're not careful. That dude will catapult his whole body at you on a tackle.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
johnny_blood
15 years ago

CHICAGO - Kyle Orton looked comfortable this preseason when I saw him.

"walleye" wrote:

The opposite of Grossman. He's always uncomfortable and usually panicking. I hate to admit it, but the Bears are going to be better than last year.

Orton isn't very good but he and Forte are going to make that team better. The offensive stats will be bad but there will be more Ws. They're just going back to basics, Hester giving them field position, and Orton not screwing it up.
blank
Bigbyfan
15 years ago

A little punch? Bigby will take your head off if you're not careful. That dude will catapult his whole body at you on a tackle.

"rabidgopher04" wrote:

Yep, and there are rumors that the reporter who said that is now missing. Maybe a certain spider monkey (Bigby) has something o do with it. :whipitgood:
blank
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.