beast
5 years ago

Sorry Beast, but you are wrong.
Trump can give his opinion to the NFL, or any other business, but unless it’s something against the law, he has NO power over them to change ANY of their rules.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Sounds like you're arguing that the power of persuasion and the power of advertising are nonexistent... which sounds incredibly silly... I guess companies are just wasting their money whenever they advertise as it has no power...

But you know, you're smarter than all the business people of the world 🤣

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
Nope. I didn’t say that at all. Why are you TRYING to say I said something I didn’t say???
Trump can give his OPINION, and that is what it is. He has NO power over what the NFL does.
The NFL can choose to ignore him if they want to, don’t they?
And it sounds like the advertisers must agree with my side of the argument, if they were pushing the NFL to make the change that they made.
So I guess you should actually READ what I write and comment on that. Not on what you think I said.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

Nope. I didn’t say that at all. Why are you TRYING to say I said something I didn’t say???

You didn't directly say it, but you're logic clearly implied that

unless it’s something against the law, he has NO power

Which is clearly implying that someone has to have direct power and control over someone to get them to do something...

Basically you're using that logic to make your assumptive claim, and I just proved your logic to be wrong, as someone doesn't need direct power and control over someone to get them to do something.

So I guess you should actually READ what I write and comment on that. Not on what you think I said.

I actually did read what you wrote, and I understood your false logic. You just fail to comprehend that I attacked the poor logic, and not what you actually wrote.

But since you want your own words...

he has NO power over them

And yet, he used the bully pulpit to bully them into submission... proving your own words were wrong... and the NFL owners seem to admit to that.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago

Where are the numbers that support this?

I haven't found anything that shows attendance dropped with mass amounts.

And this combines Home/Away so you can safely cut this in half.
[list]

• 2014 17,606,643
  • 2015 17,509,479
  • 2016 17,788,671
  • 2017 17,253,425 [/list]
  • With the Raiders moving, and Chargers having a stadium with something like 26,000, it's not really a surprise to see those attendance numbers drop.

As for viewership, that's dropping all across the board with every sport, and the NFL is still dominating big a large margin.

Where are the numbers?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

"Paid attendance" does not mean how many butts are in the seats. That only means how many tickets have been sold. The NFL doesn't like to list "no shows" very often.

Just try and keep your standing as a season ticket holder in GB if you protest any kind of a decision by holding off on your purchase. While the waiting lists are not as long in other places the same thing holds true. You must purchase your seats if you want to remain in good standing with the organization.

Added to the attendance numbers are all the corporate purchases in order to thwart the game being blacked out. Just like the GB-SF playoff game a few years back, many of those tickets are given away.

Right or wrong, clearly viewership of NFL games took a hit last year. Both in the stands and in front of the boobtube (Where the real revenue is made) and NFL, Inc along with their many corporate confederates noticed.
    UserPostedImage
    Cheesey
    5 years ago
    My logic is fine. YOU are the one making up things that aren’t true to try to prove you are soooo smart.
    Trump has NO power to force what he wants on the NFL. NO POWER.
    All he has is his opinion. The NFL has the ONLY say in what rules they pick to enforce. If they choose to make their employees stand, or stay off the field, THEY are the ONLY ones that can make that decision. To blame Trump is a cop out, period. They just want to deflect any back lash into the President. THAT is FACT. You can ignore the fact if that makes you feel better. But it doesn’t change the FACTS.
    Think about it.....if Trump WAS able to some how force the NFL into doing what he wants, what would be the benefit to the NFL to admit that they could be manipulated like that? It makes them look like mindless puppets.
    The ONLY reason is to make themselves look like they are blameless to the liberals.
    “Look, big bad mean old Trump MADE is do it! Whaaa! We didn’t WANT to!!!”
    Now THAT is what happened.
    Anyone that is honest can see that.
    UserPostedImage
    isocleas2
    5 years ago
    People are cutting the cable, kneel or don't kneel the ratings will drop either way just like they have for all cable tv/sports. Check out NASCAR for example they're as pro-murica as can be and they're losing the same viewers.

beast
    5 years ago

"Paid attendance" does not mean how many butts are in the seats. That only means how many tickets have been sold. The NFL doesn't like to list "no shows" very often.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Very good point, because they like to twist those numbers.... I still remember looking into some of them (though for non-NFL) and it stated how some company stated a record for number of people there, but it was disputed as the record, because they were counting things like their own employees, security and others to beat the record, even those weren't paying customers.

Also the NFL allows companies to buy tickets (sometimes pennies on the dollar) if they can't sell the tickets without it.

My logic is fine. YOU are the one making up things that aren’t true to try to prove you are soooo smart.

Your logic are based on a wrong assumption.

Power of persuasion, advertising and the bully pulpit aren't made up... and you'd be an idiot to not know about them... so it's not about being smart, but common sense. Companies don't pay millions of dollars for seconds on advertising because it doesn't work... Presidents have used the bully pulpit for as long as there have been Presidents (even before it got the title).

A bully pulpit is a conspicuous position that provides an opportunity to speak out and be listened to. This term was coined by United States President Theodore Roosevelt, who referred to his office as a "bully pulpit", by which he meant a terrific platform from which to advocate an agenda. Roosevelt used the word bully as an adjective meaning "superb" or "wonderful", a more common usage at that time.

wikipedia  wrote:

UserPostedImage
    beast
    5 years ago

People are cutting the cable, kneel or don't kneel the ratings will drop either way just like they have for all cable tv/sports. Check out NASCAR for example they're as pro-murica as can be and they're losing the same viewers.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

Great point, I know a number of people that have completely gotten rid of cable and just have netflicks or some entertainment of some sort, but not cable. It's even been talked about here because the cable bill just seems to keep getting higher and higher... like they're daring people to leave...

Also I think Hack-My-Life did some hack about what's the best way to get cheaper cable... and it was just to call them up and act mad at price and other aspects, and suggestive that you're going to leave and/or thinking or leaving. And then they usually start trying to keep you around for a cheaper rate, and you can keep doing that every time, they try to raise it... and it can keep you on a cheaper plan price but with more channels.
    UserPostedImage
    Cheesey
    5 years ago
    Where in any of my posts did I say “power of persuasion” or advertiser input wasn’t real? Again, you said things I never said. Is it possible Trump’s OPINION played into it? Sure, that’s possible. But the vote was unanimous! (Oh...except the 49er dude that abstained.....which is just an excuse to be able to say “I didn’t vote for it!”.....he didn’t vote against it, either)
    And advertisers have a lot more influence. And if they had their say against the protest, THAT is what REALLY mattered to the NFL.
    Again, to put ANY blame on Trump is a COP OUT. An excuse to make the NFL the “victim”.
    UserPostedImage
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    5 years ago

Very good point, because they like to twist those numbers.... I still remember looking into some of them (though for non-NFL) and it stated how some company stated a record for number of people there, but it was disputed as the record, because they were counting things like their own employees, security and others to beat the record, even those weren't paying customers.

Originally Posted by: beast 

It's not "twisting" the numbers. It's "massaging" them and who doesn't love a good massage? 🤤

I remember when MLB teams use to give away tickets to straight "A" students. The play by play announcer would give the give the attendance for the game then then point out that did not include the "A students" which were another ---- people.

UserPostedImage
    Fan Shout
    dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
    dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
    Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
    beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.