sschind
5 years ago

Where in any of my posts did I say “power of persuasion” or advertiser input wasn’t real? Again, you said things I never said. Is it possible Trump’s OPINION played into it? Sure, that’s possible. But the vote was unanimous! (Oh...except the 49er dude that abstained.....which is just an excuse to be able to say “I didn’t vote for it!”.....he didn’t vote against it, either)
And advertisers have a lot more influence. And if they had their say against the protest, THAT is what REALLY mattered to the NFL.
Again, to put ANY blame on Trump is a COP OUT. An excuse to make the NFL the “victim”.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Do you driver an automatic or a standard transmission. I'm just wondering how you switched gears so quickly on this.

First you said Trump he has NO power over them to change ANY of their rules. and He has NO power over what the NFL does. and finally Trump has NO power to force what he wants on the NFL. NO POWER. then you go on to say Is it possible Trump’s OPINION played into it? Sure, that’s possible. if his OPINION played into it that is influence and influence is power.

If 100 million people say they will no longer watch the NFL if they don't do this and the NFL does this in essence they made them change their rules.

You are right in that Trump can not actually change their rules and he can not make them change their rules but as President he certainly can influence their decision to change their rules. He can make life tough for the NFL and with the new gambling laws that may be set to take place I'm guessing the NFL does not want someone in charge of the government who has an axe to grind with them because they didn't side with him.
Zero2Cool
5 years ago
How do you know the numbers I went out of my way to share with everyone are "paid attendance" and not "asses in seat" attendance? Where are the numbers you found that discredit that?

I've read some say viewership and attendance is dropping in "mass quantities", yet, I can't get any numbers to support this. Why is that? I find the attendance of the NFL for a few seasons and someone spouts off against it, yet can't provide contrary numbers? I don't get it.

I am wanting to see the proof behind such statements, yet no one can step up?

What's that (paid attendance vs actual attendance) margin now compared to five years ago? Ten years ago? What's the margin with other leagues?

I've heard about fights in parking lots, in the stands, high concession costs, etc ... as to reasons why people don't wanna attend sporting events also coupled with High Definition and the economy contributing to people choosing to watch at home vs in the arena, stadium, etc.

How can someone say something so strongly without having anything to support it or validate it?

I don't much care about watching the games live anymore because I have NFL Game Pass. So if I miss it or something comes up, oh well, I can watch the game afterwards without all the commercials. I prefer that because I can watch it when I want, pause it when I want and don't feel a prisoner of the "LIVE" game. It also is only about 2 hours vs 3+ hours of my day being consumed.

I dunno people. I understand opinions are great and all that, but attendance is tallied. How is it you can speak so confidently, yet have no numbers to prove it?
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

It's not "twisting" the numbers. It's "massaging" them and who doesn't love a good massage? 🤤

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Depends on who's giving them, I'm not a huge fan of forcing people to touch me, even if that's what they get paid to do. Also what are the happy ending options 😂 (kidding)

Where in any of my posts did I say “power of persuasion” or advertiser input wasn’t real? Again, you said things I never said.

What you said was "Trump has NO power"... which kinda gets implied as, "Trump has NO power"... And Power of persuasion and power to get on tv/advertiser are types of powers.

So does Trump have those powers or not? It seems like you're finally admitting that he does.

Is it possible Trump’s OPINION played into it? Sure, that’s possible.

Playing into a decision is power!

Do you driver an automatic or a standard transmission. I'm just wondering how you switched gears so quickly on this.

First you said Trump he has NO power over them to change ANY of their rules. and He has NO power over what the NFL does. and finally Trump has NO power to force what he wants on the NFL. NO POWER. then you go on to say Is it possible Trump’s OPINION played into it? Sure, that’s possible. if his OPINION played into it that is influence and influence is power.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Exactly!

But the vote was unanimous! (Oh...except the 49er dude that abstained.....which is just an excuse to be able to say “I didn’t vote for it!”.....he didn’t vote against it, either)

WRONG! This is based off (NFL) lies! The NFL did NOT OFFICIAL vote! They used a raise your hand if you agree with this system method, which is why it was (bullshit) unanimous. Because either they counted you as a yes, or they refused to acknowledge you had a vote (claiming you abstained)

The NFL claimed that its owners unanimously voted to adopt a new anthem policy. And, as it turns out, the vote wasn’t unanimous. Also, there wasn’t a vote.

After ESPN’s Seth Wickersham reported that no actual vote was taken, the NFL admitted that, indeed, no formal vote was taken. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told ESPN that the league called for a show of hands to test support for the revised anthem policy.

“That was considered a vote,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said. He added that this unofficial process is “often used.”

profootballtalk  wrote:

So when ever the NFL has an unanimous vote, it might not be an official vote.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
You guys just proved me right!
The NFL got you to blame Trump instead of the NFL guys that actually control it.
So I guess it worked for them, the “poor victims” NFL owners.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago

] The NFL did NOT OFFICIAL vote! They used a raise your hand if you agree with this system method, which is why it was (bullshit) unanimous.

Originally Posted by: beast 

To the contrary, under the rules of parliamentary procedure, as long as a quorum has been obtained, a vote by show of hands most definitely is an official vote, just as a voice vote or even a vote by acclamation are official votes. Now it's true that a vote by show of hands may not be regarded with the same gravity as a roll-call vote, which are relatively rare and only used for the most important decisions -- when someone decides that they want everyone's names to be publicly attached to their votes -- but it's just as official, and it's just as binding.

If whoever presided over the vote declared it unanimous, then I see no reason to doubt that it was anything but.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago

To the contrary, under the rules of parliamentary procedure, as long as a quorum has been obtained, a vote by show of hands most definitely is an official vote, just as a voice vote or even a vote by acclamation are official votes. Now it's true that a vote by show of hands may not be regarded with the same gravity as a roll-call vote, which are relatively rare and only used for the most important decisions -- when someone decides that they want everyone's names to be publicly attached to their votes -- but it's just as official, and it's just as binding.

If whoever presided over the vote declared it unanimous, then I see no reason to doubt that it was anything but.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Correct.
I am a member of the County board. The vast majority of our votes are vocal. (All in favor say "Aye". Those opposed, same sign.) Only when the minority vote has more than 3 or 4 votes do we take a roll call.

Kevin, if the teams only provide the total number of tickets sold an not the total number of butts in the seats how do you propose that I give you that total? Ease up a little. I am not criticizing your acumen. The number of tickets sold is roughly the same for the past 4 or 5 yrs.

UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

You guys just proved me right!

Wrong again! ... you stupidly claimed the most powerful man in the world, has no power. That's claim is still completely wrong and you can't see it... and hell, you even admitted he did have power, so you proved yourself wrong even. Thank you!

The NFL got you to blame Trump instead of the NFL guys that actually control it.
So I guess it worked for them, the “poor victims” NFL owners.

Now you're straight up lying, because you can't prove your flawed point.

I have not blamed anybody, because I don't care about the rule, so no reason to blame anybody.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Kevin, if the teams only provide the total number of tickets sold an not the total number of butts in the seats how do you propose that I give you that total? Ease up a little. I am not criticizing your acumen. The number of tickets sold is roughly the same for the past 4 or 5 yrs.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

So, you're saying the teams don't provide the total number sold vs total who showed up, yet you are gonna say attendance is declining? You're willing to say attendance is decreasing, yet you aren't willing to find the turnstile numbers to support the statement when asked? Great discussion piece.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Wrong again! ... you stupidly claimed the most powerful man in the world, has no power. That's claim is still completely wrong and you can't see it... and hell, you even admitted he did have power, so you proved yourself wrong even. Thank you!

Now you're straight up lying, because you can't prove your flawed point.

I have not blamed anybody, because I don't care about the rule, so no reason to blame anybody.

Let's climb down from the name calling mantle here please. That's as foul as telling someone to "ease up" when they're very much at ease and simply trying to learn something.

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago

Wrong again! ... you stupidly claimed the most powerful man in the world, has no power.

Call him out for imprecision in choice of language if you like, but I think it's clear that what Alan is trying to say is that the president lacks statutory authority to command changes to NFL policy, and that is undeniably correct. Sure, the president has a platform from which to mold public perception and opinion, but no one is forced to think how the president thinks or act on his suggestions.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (9h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.