beast
5 years ago

I’ve noticed that when people can’t win an argument, they often times curse and name call.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Of course I can't win an argument against you when you decided to ignore all the basic facts and create bold faces lies. The reason I'm cursing and name calling is you made up bold face lies about me personally.

Just because you can't make an argument on the facts, doesn't mean you should make personal crap up... and you stupidly assumed I'm against a President because I agreed with him... that's just stupidity.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago

You can't win an argument against a person who decides to ignore all the facts.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I agree 100% with that!
And even though you made up stuff I never said, I won’t lower myself to call you names.
We can agree to disagree.
I don’t hate you, don’t even dislike you.
Just because we don’t see eye to eye doesn’t mean we can’t show some respect to each other.
That’s how I feel, at least.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

I agree 100% with that!
And even though you made up stuff I never said, I won’t lower myself to call you names.
We can agree to disagree.
I don’t hate you, don’t even dislike you.
Just because we don’t see eye to eye doesn’t mean we can’t show some respect to each other.
That’s how I feel, at least.

You have not been respectful... you've created lies... about how I hate Trump.. when you know nothing of my opinion about the man. And now you're creating more lies... you're making shit up because you couldn't make a valid point on the subject matter.

You false accused me of saying things and you couldn't comprehend what you yourself had said because you were too blind by your emotions.

But I'm glad you have admitted a couple of times that the President does have some power to influence others, which is indeed power.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
I believe that by observing various pictures of empty stands during the second quarters of games from last year, that there are more no-shows than in previous years. WHY is the question?
There are probably a variety of reasons for this higher number of no shows.
First, Americans have shorter attention spans. There are numerous examples of this, the best being golf. Millennials, Gen Xers, et al, do not want to spend 4.5-5.0 +hours doing ANYTHING. Thus, for them, the duration of the actual game is too damn long.
Second, when a team is losing, fans don’t want to show up and waste 5 to 6 hours of their life and spend enormous amounts of money on beer, parking, et cetera on a crappy team.
Third, watching the game on TV is simply a far better experience, for the most part, than watching in person. The replays, the creature comfort‘s, and other attributes of watching quietly in your own house to me make football the best TV support. if they ever give the option of watching the “coaches view” live, I would never attend another game. Further, I can’t stand sitting near people who don’t have a freaking clue what the hell they’re talking about when they’re watching a game.
Fourth, I have friends who feel very stridently that the NA protests by players turns them off of the sport. I think these people (my friends who feel this way) are idiots, and I have told him so. Why should they give a damn what most of these players think about anything. They are paid to entertain us and take our minds off of the crap happening around us in the balance of our lives. It is the same argument in regard to Hollywood celebrities. Why would anyone give a rip about their political views...how have they earned the right to affect your opinion on any political issue? Most of them are morons.
The net here, is that the National anthem issue only is the straw that breaks the camel’s back as a result if the first 3 issues.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Cheesey
5 years ago
KRK, you hit on the REAL reason the NFL made the new rule.
The vast majority of Americans are against the whole NA protest, and the NFL is afraid of losing the money from these people.
And no one would protest if they didn’t think people cared. These millionaire players have no clue about reality. I bet many join the protest movement to be “politically correct”. So they can pretend to care. But what do they do when the cameras are off, and they are on their own time?
Most of them are not like JJ Watt, who puts his money AND his time to make REAL change.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago
And Trump used his platform and power to twist in the screws to make it much much harder for the NFL to sweep under the rug or ignore... and yet some people are unwilling to give him his rightful credit for pinning the NFL down, despite him clearly and proudly taking it himself.

Trump quite clearly had the power to amplify the outrage, and yet some discredit the President by saying he has no power.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
Trump blah blah blah....whatever. You should really let it go. It’s not healthy.
UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
5 years ago
Personally, I think the reason for lower ratings over the last couple years is due to NFL Redzone... That's what I always watch if the Packers aren't being shown here in Washington DC.

For 7 straight hours, you get absolutely no commercials, get to watch every team whenever they get into the red zone, see every score and turnover from every game almost immediately, and did I mention absolutely no commercials??? You can't beat that... unless the Packers are being shown lol.

Sorry if someone else already covered this. Didn't wanna read three pages of political arguing.
blank
isocleas2
5 years ago

KRK, you hit on the REAL reason the NFL made the new rule.
The vast majority of Americans are against the whole NA protest, and the NFL is afraid of losing the money from these people.
And no one would protest if they didn’t think people cared. These millionaire players have no clue about reality. I bet many join the protest movement to be “politically correct”. So they can pretend to care. But what do they do when the cameras are off, and they are on their own time?
Most of them are not like JJ Watt, who puts his money AND his time to make REAL change.

Polls have been pretty consistent on this issue since 2016 when players started kneeling, around half of the people polled disapprove of it (53% in the last poll i saw). The rest of the population either supports them or are undecided. Hardly a vast majority.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/11/30/new-poll-fewer-people-support-president-trump-involvement-nfl-anthem-protests/910235001/ 

I think we're all guilty of implicit bias and confirmation bias, we want to read and see things that affirm our own believes even subconsciously. I have to remind myself often enough when reading an article to keep an open mind and let the facts dictate reality. It's even tougher to do today now that we get our information from such differing sources, you could read about an issue on cnn and then read about it on breitbart and you get two completely different takes. It's not like before when everyone would tune in for the evening news and let Walter Cronkite fill them in.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/29/16375378/nfl-players-charity-donations-jj-watt-hurricane-harvey-patrick-peterson-foundation 
beast
5 years ago

Trump blah blah blah....whatever. You should really let it go. It’s not healthy.

The truth is healthy, just because you can't handle it, doesn't mean it should be let go.

Everyone should understand the basic concept that the most powerful man in the world has some power and influence, which anyone who doesn't completely ingore the news should understand that Trump has decided to use that power more than any other recent President.

Also, you keep acting like this is a bad thing, talking about blame. Isn't respecting our Flag a great thing? So those that made the change deserve credit.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.