beast
5 years ago

I’ve noticed that when people can’t win an argument, they often times curse and name call.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Of course I can't win an argument against you when you decided to ignore all the basic facts and create bold faces lies. The reason I'm cursing and name calling is you made up bold face lies about me personally.

Just because you can't make an argument on the facts, doesn't mean you should make personal crap up... and you stupidly assumed I'm against a President because I agreed with him... that's just stupidity.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago

You can't win an argument against a person who decides to ignore all the facts.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I agree 100% with that!
And even though you made up stuff I never said, I won’t lower myself to call you names.
We can agree to disagree.
I don’t hate you, don’t even dislike you.
Just because we don’t see eye to eye doesn’t mean we can’t show some respect to each other.
That’s how I feel, at least.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

I agree 100% with that!
And even though you made up stuff I never said, I won’t lower myself to call you names.
We can agree to disagree.
I don’t hate you, don’t even dislike you.
Just because we don’t see eye to eye doesn’t mean we can’t show some respect to each other.
That’s how I feel, at least.

You have not been respectful... you've created lies... about how I hate Trump.. when you know nothing of my opinion about the man. And now you're creating more lies... you're making shit up because you couldn't make a valid point on the subject matter.

You false accused me of saying things and you couldn't comprehend what you yourself had said because you were too blind by your emotions.

But I'm glad you have admitted a couple of times that the President does have some power to influence others, which is indeed power.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
I believe that by observing various pictures of empty stands during the second quarters of games from last year, that there are more no-shows than in previous years. WHY is the question?
There are probably a variety of reasons for this higher number of no shows.
First, Americans have shorter attention spans. There are numerous examples of this, the best being golf. Millennials, Gen Xers, et al, do not want to spend 4.5-5.0 +hours doing ANYTHING. Thus, for them, the duration of the actual game is too damn long.
Second, when a team is losing, fans don’t want to show up and waste 5 to 6 hours of their life and spend enormous amounts of money on beer, parking, et cetera on a crappy team.
Third, watching the game on TV is simply a far better experience, for the most part, than watching in person. The replays, the creature comfort‘s, and other attributes of watching quietly in your own house to me make football the best TV support. if they ever give the option of watching the “coaches view” live, I would never attend another game. Further, I can’t stand sitting near people who don’t have a freaking clue what the hell they’re talking about when they’re watching a game.
Fourth, I have friends who feel very stridently that the NA protests by players turns them off of the sport. I think these people (my friends who feel this way) are idiots, and I have told him so. Why should they give a damn what most of these players think about anything. They are paid to entertain us and take our minds off of the crap happening around us in the balance of our lives. It is the same argument in regard to Hollywood celebrities. Why would anyone give a rip about their political views...how have they earned the right to affect your opinion on any political issue? Most of them are morons.
The net here, is that the National anthem issue only is the straw that breaks the camel’s back as a result if the first 3 issues.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Cheesey
5 years ago
KRK, you hit on the REAL reason the NFL made the new rule.
The vast majority of Americans are against the whole NA protest, and the NFL is afraid of losing the money from these people.
And no one would protest if they didn’t think people cared. These millionaire players have no clue about reality. I bet many join the protest movement to be “politically correct”. So they can pretend to care. But what do they do when the cameras are off, and they are on their own time?
Most of them are not like JJ Watt, who puts his money AND his time to make REAL change.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago
And Trump used his platform and power to twist in the screws to make it much much harder for the NFL to sweep under the rug or ignore... and yet some people are unwilling to give him his rightful credit for pinning the NFL down, despite him clearly and proudly taking it himself.

Trump quite clearly had the power to amplify the outrage, and yet some discredit the President by saying he has no power.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
Trump blah blah blah....whatever. You should really let it go. It’s not healthy.
UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
5 years ago
Personally, I think the reason for lower ratings over the last couple years is due to NFL Redzone... That's what I always watch if the Packers aren't being shown here in Washington DC.

For 7 straight hours, you get absolutely no commercials, get to watch every team whenever they get into the red zone, see every score and turnover from every game almost immediately, and did I mention absolutely no commercials??? You can't beat that... unless the Packers are being shown lol.

Sorry if someone else already covered this. Didn't wanna read three pages of political arguing.
blank
isocleas2
5 years ago

KRK, you hit on the REAL reason the NFL made the new rule.
The vast majority of Americans are against the whole NA protest, and the NFL is afraid of losing the money from these people.
And no one would protest if they didn’t think people cared. These millionaire players have no clue about reality. I bet many join the protest movement to be “politically correct”. So they can pretend to care. But what do they do when the cameras are off, and they are on their own time?
Most of them are not like JJ Watt, who puts his money AND his time to make REAL change.

Polls have been pretty consistent on this issue since 2016 when players started kneeling, around half of the people polled disapprove of it (53% in the last poll i saw). The rest of the population either supports them or are undecided. Hardly a vast majority.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/11/30/new-poll-fewer-people-support-president-trump-involvement-nfl-anthem-protests/910235001/ 

I think we're all guilty of implicit bias and confirmation bias, we want to read and see things that affirm our own believes even subconsciously. I have to remind myself often enough when reading an article to keep an open mind and let the facts dictate reality. It's even tougher to do today now that we get our information from such differing sources, you could read about an issue on cnn and then read about it on breitbart and you get two completely different takes. It's not like before when everyone would tune in for the evening news and let Walter Cronkite fill them in.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/29/16375378/nfl-players-charity-donations-jj-watt-hurricane-harvey-patrick-peterson-foundation 
beast
5 years ago

Trump blah blah blah....whatever. You should really let it go. It’s not healthy.

The truth is healthy, just because you can't handle it, doesn't mean it should be let go.

Everyone should understand the basic concept that the most powerful man in the world has some power and influence, which anyone who doesn't completely ingore the news should understand that Trump has decided to use that power more than any other recent President.

Also, you keep acting like this is a bad thing, talking about blame. Isn't respecting our Flag a great thing? So those that made the change deserve credit.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.