nerdmann
5 years ago

Or maybe we can have the GM deal with all the high paid talent that don't live up to their paycheque. I find it funny that I see so much posting about how Aaron should free up cap space in order to win a Super Bowl while completely ignoring all the cap space of players like Matthews, Perry, Cobb and Bulaga who all play well below their worth in salaries.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Everyone cried when he released Jordy.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
TheKanataThrilla
5 years ago

Everyone cried when he released Jordy.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

The one guy that they could have reduced his salary to a reasonable amount instead of asking him to take a vet minimum.

Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago
After the obscene amount of potential talent Gutekunst has brought in to replace Nelson, I would hope no one is still mourning his departure.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
5 years ago

If that happens, it’s because Aaron himself has sucked all the cap money out.

You gonna pay a guy to suck all the money out of your cap and then go elsewhere to a team that “still has a chance?”

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Teams can easily make this work for a season or two. With an old QB that comes off the books completely after that, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Push a lot of the others players money into later years.
dhazer
5 years ago

Seems to be more likely to have a clause that triggers an adjustment (see: Raise) than an opt out. No way we let him ever become a free agent.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Why not let him become a free agent when he is 38? He has 2 years left on his current contract and can be franchised twice. Teams do franchise star qbs like Drew Brees. Why give him a huge contract and strap our team so we won't make another Super Bowl, when we don't even know how his collar bones are going to hold up.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dhazer
5 years ago

After the obscene amount of potential talent Gutekunst has brought in to replace Nelson, I would hope no one is still mourning his departure.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

who did he bring in? A washed up old TE that hasn't done anything since he left NO and a bunch of rookies to replace Rodger's favorite wr.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

who did he bring in? A washed up old TE that hasn't done anything since he left NO and a bunch of rookies to replace Rodger's favorite wr.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

-- Proven talent --
TE Jimmy Graham - only DeAndre Hopkins had more TD's than him last season.
TE Marcedes Lewis - considered one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL.

-- Unproven talent --
WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling HT: 6-5 WT: 209 40-yard dash: 4.37
WR Equanimeous St. Brown HT: 6-4 3/4 WT: 218 40-yard dash: 4.48
WR J'mon Moore HT: 6-2 5/8 WT: 207, 40-yard dash: 4.49

Lots of talent and it'll be up to Joe Philbin, Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers to maximize it.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

Why not let him become a free agent when he is 38? He has 2 years left on his current contract and can be franchised twice. Teams do franchise star qbs like Drew Brees. Why give him a huge contract and strap our team so we won't make another Super Bowl, when we don't even know how his collar bones are going to hold up.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Let’s see if Rodgers’ body can still take the NFL level of pounding for a full season.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago
Joel Corry, a former agent, has some interesting things to say  about this topic over at CBS Sports. He says two nonstarters -- Chase Daniels and Nick Foles -- currently have opt-out clauses in their contracts, but both feature rather steep buyout prices. He believes that in order for Rodgers to get the opt-out he's seeking, he'd have to agree to pay a huge buyout, something he doesn't think Rodgers will be willing to do. (I agree with him.). He also mentions that Earl Bennett had an opt-out clause in his contract with the Bears back in 2011, but it would have cost him $20 million. Imagine how much Green Bay would demand from Rodgers!

Corry also makes a pretty compelling case that if Rodgers refuses to budge, it would be in Green Bay's best interest simply to ride out the next two years and then slap the exclusive-rights and franchise tags on him for the next two years. Ironically, as fast as quarterback salaries have risen in the past year or two, it would actually be cheaper for them to pay the tag penalty than to extend him a more lucrative offer sheet than the one Matt Ryan just signed.

Food for thought.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

Joel Corry, a former agent, has some interesting things to say  about this topic over at CBS Sports. He says two nonstarters -- Chase Daniels and Nick Foles -- currently have opt-out clauses in their contracts, but both feature rather steep buyout prices. He believes that in order for Rodgers to get the opt-out he's seeking, he'd have to agree to pay a huge buyout, something he doesn't think Rodgers will be willing to do. (I agree with him.). He also mentions that Earl Bennett had an opt-out clause in his contract with the Bears back in 2011, but it would have cost him $20 million. Imagine how much Green Bay would demand from Rodgers!

Corry also makes a pretty compelling case that if Rodgers refuses to budge, it would be in Green Bay's best interest simply to ride out the next two years and then slap the exclusive-rights and franchise tags on him for the next two years. Ironically, as fast as quarterback salaries have risen in the past year or two, it would actually be cheaper for them to pay the tag penalty than to extend him a more lucrative offer sheet than the one Matt Ryan just signed.

Food for thought.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

This is all about being the "highest paid player." THAT is what Aaron wants.

So here is the deal: WIN THE SUPERBOWL, and you get to be the highest paid player in league history. REPEAT, and be the highest paid plus an extra $5mill. THREEPEAT and everytime someone's contract gets higher than yours, it will be re-adjusted.

BOOM.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.