Zero2Cool
5 years ago

The only one who should be apologizing is the writer of the article who turned a moment of loss into a contract dispute, not the people to reacted harshly to the information we were given.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I don't believe that the writer is/was aware. I know I have posted at least once, if not several times to different writers that Clinton-Dix is not in attendance possibly due to a personal loss to someone close to him. I didn't search it out until I saw a headline here claiming he's skipping it for contract purposes, or at least inferring as much.

If this was training camp, I do believe Clinton-Dix would be in attendance, but even if not, I wouldn't hold it against him. Judging from his tweets, I believe he's taking this loss hard.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Nevertheless, it’s still a good life lesson not to jump to judgment… especially because you never know whether or not you’re getting the full story.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

It seems we've grown more and more into a "hot take" society over a fact delivering society. Then again, the more I read about history, the more I see things have not changed all that much.

I cannot stress this enough. Writers more times than not are not about delivering us the facts. They are more about delivering part of the facts, with their (sometimes) agenda or opinion slant to get us to read it.

I am often times accused of being a fence rider because I don't quickly deliver a "hot take" decisive side on things. I hate being wrong, I mean, unhealthy hate to being wrong. At least, that's how it looks to people. The fact is ... I desire to ... no, I need to be informed, fully, and have all the pieces so I can build my opinion.

Remember Davante Adams having a crap year? The dude was playing on one leg. He should have sat down few games. He was trying to tough it out for his team that lost it's WR1 and instead looked like a shit WR.

Anyhow, I've rambled way too much already here. I suppose this and everything can be summed up that the ole saying "devil is in the details".
UserPostedImage
steveishere
5 years ago
Packers fans have a 0 tolerance policy for personal issues. Get your ass on the field for voluntary workouts or you are a piece of shit
DoddPower
5 years ago

Packers fans have a 0 tolerance policy for personal issues. Get your ass on the field for voluntary workouts or you are a piece of shit

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I don't feel like this, but I still think HHCD is an extremely average player. Doesn't really matter how much he practices, imo, he'll still be average at best.
steveishere
5 years ago

I don't feel like this, but I still think HHCD is an extremely average player. Doesn't really matter how much he practices, imo, he'll still be average at best.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

I won't believe any of our DBs are average or less until I see them play outside Capers scheme
DoddPower
5 years ago

I won't believe any of our DBs are average or less until I see them play outside Capers scheme

Some of HHCD's bonehead plays cannot be Dom Capers fault. Look at the Seattle 2-point conversion. That's simply situational awareness. Also, it's not like no defensive backs have played well under Dom Capers. His coaching and scheme are obviously a factor, but I don't expect that much difference, unless the Packers have a crazy good pass rush.
steveishere
5 years ago

Some of HHCD's bonehead plays cannot be Dom Capers fault. Look at the Seattle 2-point conversion. That's simply situational awareness. Also, it's not like no defensive backs have played well under Dom Capers. His coaching and scheme are obviously a factor, but I don't expect that much difference, unless the Packers have a crazy good pass rush.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Every player makes some mistakes especially when they start 16 games as a rookie. With Capers safeties are either in no mans land or they straight up have to play corner. Also the ridiculous amount of communication issues that went on at all levels. Haha has a pro bowl level season under his belt already so it's not like it would be a surprise to see him excel in a decent scheme
nerdmann
5 years ago

Every player makes some mistakes especially when they start 16 games as a rookie. With Capers safeties are either in no mans land or they straight up have to play corner. Also the ridiculous amount of communication issues that went on at all levels. Haha has a pro bowl level season under his belt already so it's not like it would be a surprise to see him excel in a decent scheme

Between Dix and Jones, we could have some very good safeties.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (13h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (15h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (18h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Around The NFL / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.