Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2018 5:39:29 PM(UTC)
I had read somewhere on Twitter someone close to him passed away and that was why he'd be absent, but I wasn't able to find anything until I was able to research. This is what I found.

Based on these tweets, I think the loss is hitting him hard.

Quote:
Dr. Phillips High lost a close member of its family, especially its football family, two weeks ago when former DP administrator and Orlando Carver Middle School principal Alisa Dorsett died after suffering a heart attack. Dorsett was 49.

A memorial service for Dorsett has been scheduled for 6 p.m., Thursday at Carver. The service prompted DP to move its spring game against Winter Park to Wednesday night at 7 at Dr. Phillips.

Dorsett, who DP head football coach Rodney Wells said was like a “sister to me,” suffered the heart attack while in Tuscaloosa, Ala., where she had traveled with family and friends to be part of the graduation activities for former DP star and current Green Bay Packers safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, who graduated from the University of Alabama on May 5 with a degree in criminal justice.

Clinton-Dix had left Alabama early in 2014, but had always vowed to return to school to earn his degree.

Dorsett passed away two days before the graduation. The death of Dorsett, who was also the godmother of Clinton-Dix, remains a difficult subject for the 2016 NFL All-Pro, who said he was too close to the situation to talk about Dorsett for this report.

Continue reading @Orlando Sentinelthis
Nonstopdrivel  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2018 6:19:39 PM(UTC)
Whew! I misread the thread title as saying that Clinton-Dix's grandmother had passed away. Given that Clinton-Dix is 26 years old, that would have meant she was 23 when he was born. Needless to say, I was confused as hell. LOL
gbguy20  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2018 7:54:07 PM(UTC)
Rip
KRK  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 3:42:05 AM(UTC)
I guess we (myself included) should wait until all facts before opining on issues.
FLORIDA PACKER88  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 12:16:13 PM(UTC)
Yup makes me feel like a heartless bastard for posting the other article. Usually don't let the media rial me up about stuff, but took that one hook line and sinker.

Prayers out to Haha and his family in their time of loss.
gbguy20  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:11:28 PM(UTC)
The only one who should be apologizing is the writer of the article who turned a moment of loss into a contract dispute, not the people to reacted harshly to the information we were given.
KRK  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:42:39 PM(UTC)
Clearly, the writer should have informed us. Sports writers, just like political writers, leave out certain aspects of stories to inflame readers’ passions.
Nevertheless, it’s still a good life lesson not to jump to judgment… especially because you never know whether or not you’re getting the full story.
Nonstopdrivel  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:43:31 PM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
you never know whether or not you’re getting the full story.

Oh, yes, you do. One hundred percent of the time you are not. Because the full story is usually boring by comparison.
nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:57:54 PM(UTC)
One thing that might take his mind off bereavement is putting in a hard day's work.
sschind  
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 5:02:23 AM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
The only one who should be apologizing is the writer of the article who turned a moment of loss into a contract dispute, not the people to reacted harshly to the information we were given.

When it comes to reporters we should know that they don't always present the truth and yet we take what they present as the truth anyway.

Sorry Nonstop, I replied to KRK before I read your post. I like what you said very much.
Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 5:09:52 AM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post

I don't believe that the writer is/was aware. I know I have posted at least once, if not several times to different writers that Clinton-Dix is not in attendance possibly due to a personal loss to someone close to him. I didn't search it out until I saw a headline here claiming he's skipping it for contract purposes, or at least inferring as much.

If this was training camp, I do believe Clinton-Dix would be in attendance, but even if not, I wouldn't hold it against him. Judging from his tweets, I believe he's taking this loss hard.

Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 5:20:58 AM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
Nevertheless, it’s still a good life lesson not to jump to judgment… especially because you never know whether or not you’re getting the full story.

It seems we've grown more and more into a "hot take" society over a fact delivering society. Then again, the more I read about history, the more I see things have not changed all that much.

I cannot stress this enough. Writers more times than not are not about delivering us the facts. They are more about delivering part of the facts, with their (sometimes) agenda or opinion slant to get us to read it.

I am often times accused of being a fence rider because I don't quickly deliver a "hot take" decisive side on things. I hate being wrong, I mean, unhealthy hate to being wrong. At least, that's how it looks to people. The fact is ... I desire to ... no, I need to be informed, fully, and have all the pieces so I can build my opinion.

Remember Davante Adams having a crap year? The dude was playing on one leg. He should have sat down few games. He was trying to tough it out for his team that lost it's WR1 and instead looked like a shit WR.

Anyhow, I've rambled way too much already here. I suppose this and everything can be summed up that the ole saying "devil is in the details".
steveishere  
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 11:05:07 AM(UTC)
Packers fans have a 0 tolerance policy for personal issues. Get your ass on the field for voluntary workouts or you are a piece of shit
DoddPower  
#14 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 11:10:56 AM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
Packers fans have a 0 tolerance policy for personal issues. Get your ass on the field for voluntary workouts or you are a piece of shit

I don't feel like this, but I still think HHCD is an extremely average player. Doesn't really matter how much he practices, imo, he'll still be average at best.
steveishere  
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:04:22 PM(UTC)
DoddPower said: Go to Quoted Post
I don't feel like this, but I still think HHCD is an extremely average player. Doesn't really matter how much he practices, imo, he'll still be average at best.

I won't believe any of our DBs are average or less until I see them play outside Capers scheme
DoddPower  
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 4:26:50 PM(UTC)
I won't believe any of our DBs are average or less until I see them play outside Capers scheme

Some of HHCD's bonehead plays cannot be Dom Capers fault. Look at the Seattle 2-point conversion. That's simply situational awareness. Also, it's not like no defensive backs have played well under Dom Capers. His coaching and scheme are obviously a factor, but I don't expect that much difference, unless the Packers have a crazy good pass rush.
steveishere  
#17 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 6:46:32 AM(UTC)
DoddPower said: Go to Quoted Post
Some of HHCD's bonehead plays cannot be Dom Capers fault. Look at the Seattle 2-point conversion. That's simply situational awareness. Also, it's not like no defensive backs have played well under Dom Capers. His coaching and scheme are obviously a factor, but I don't expect that much difference, unless the Packers have a crazy good pass rush.

Every player makes some mistakes especially when they start 16 games as a rookie. With Capers safeties are either in no mans land or they straight up have to play corner. Also the ridiculous amount of communication issues that went on at all levels. Haha has a pro bowl level season under his belt already so it's not like it would be a surprise to see him excel in a decent scheme
nerdmann  
#18 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 6:49:05 AM(UTC)
Every player makes some mistakes especially when they start 16 games as a rookie. With Capers safeties are either in no mans land or they straight up have to play corner. Also the ridiculous amount of communication issues that went on at all levels. Haha has a pro bowl level season under his belt already so it's not like it would be a surprise to see him excel in a decent scheme

Between Dix and Jones, we could have some very good safeties.
Rss Feed