Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wpr  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 5:09:50 PM(UTC)
I don't know how you spent your day today but Rhonda and I put in nearly 300 miles.

We started by going to her mother's house essentially to tell her happy Easter and spend a little time with her. Prearranged, my son called to greet her and, oh by the way, he and his wife are expecting... Twins! My mother in law was too busy talking she didn't hear the second part. The look on her face was worth the trip.

Next we headed to my sister's house where my mother was spending the weekend. I told my sister we would drop by on our way home just to see Mom for a few minutes. Once again I got a phone call while I was talking to Mom. I had it on speaker so everyone in the room could hear him talking to Mom. She was so excited she started to cry. My sister kept talking to my son. I interrupted a couple of times to let my son know Mom is still crying.

My wife sent a text to her sisters while we were at her mom's. I sent one to my siblings at my mom found out.

8 hours and 300 miles we got home. We are a bit tired. It was a good day.

Last weekend I drove the 3 hours to my son's home to help him move some furniture around. I tried to get him to let me help him paint but he hired a contractor. I will head back in a couple of weeks to help him with some more heavy lifting. It's good to be needed.
Cheesey  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 5:20:49 PM(UTC)
That’s what the bread dough said to the baker....”it’s good to be kneaded!”

Man....sounds like you had a GREAT day! And congrats on the twins!
That’s wonderful news!!!Laugh
wpr  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2018 6:34:06 PM(UTC)
My son called this evening. They will have a girl and a boy. Tentative due date Oct 16.

Updated by user Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:05:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cheesey  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 8:42:17 AM(UTC)
Wow....one of each! I bet you can’t wait to spoil them!BigGrin
Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 8:46:11 AM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
My son called this evening. They will have a girl and a boy. Tentative due date Oct 16.

Eh? That's about 3 weeks too late. You want to aim for delivery date between Sept 21st and Sept 23rd for perfection. BigGrin Blink

Congrats.
wpr  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 2:17:19 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Eh? That's about 3 weeks too late. You want to aim for delivery date between Sept 21st and Sept 23rd for perfection. BigGrin Blink

Congrats.

We all agree with you. Twins tend to come 1-3 weeks early. So it's possible.
wpr  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 1:17:42 PM(UTC)
My wife stopped by the office yesterday and closed the door. Not a good sign.
I stand to greet her and she tells me to sit down. Not a good sign.
She just got off the phone with our son. (Not a good sign)

While our little boy seems to be healthy and growing we lost our little girl. This makes the surviving baby an extremely high risk case. They had to transfer to another doctor who only deals with high risk pregnancies.

They are now in the process of "de-twinning" the house. My daughter in law is not sure about having the baby shower.

She is still 13 weeks away from delivery but everything feels like a funeral instead of waiting for the birth of our grandson. I was wandering around this site and I could not believe how hurt I was when I saw the random internet photos I used for the babies in an earlier post. I deleted both of them.

I sent my son a note yesterday and told him to donate the extra car seat and high chair to a local charity. I paid for them and I don't want him to go through the hassle of trying to return it to the merchant.

Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 2:18:44 PM(UTC)
Sorry to hear that Wayne, absolutely terrible. I hope the daughter in law goes with with the baby shower. She is still going to be a mother and I'm told those things are pretty encouraging. I believe she could benefit from it.
Cheesey  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 6:58:15 PM(UTC)
Wayne....I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I wish there were words that would comfort you and make the pain go away. But I know there are no such words. Just know that I care and my
Heart goes out to you, your wife and son and daughter in law .
You people are so loving and giving.
You don’t deserve this heartache.
TheKanataThrilla  
#10 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 6:37:56 AM(UTC)
My condolences to you and your family. Prayers for the little boy and hopefully the family can keep a positive focus on him and not focus on the loss. Sorry it is a extremely difficult subject for me as I lost a baby girl at 2 weeks old. It is the most painful thing in the world to lose a child.
wpr  
#11 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 10:40:45 AM(UTC)
Thanks to all for your kind words. Kanata I am truly sorry for your loss. It's terrible.
Rss Feed