Zero2Cool
5 years ago
Before rushing to judgement on this little "article" from PFT, give the whole interview a listen.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play/_/id/19767340 

One of the earliest bricks in the wall between Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers came when Rodgers was drafted, and the older quarterback said: “My contract doesn’t say I have to get Aaron Rodgers ready to play. Now hopefully he watches me and gets something from that.”

But over time, that wall has come down, and Favre said that after talking to Rodgers, the current Packers quarterback understands him.

“We talked about that,” Favre said during an interview on ESPN 540. “He said, ‘I get it now. I get what you were saying, or how you carried yourself.’ . . .

“There is no clause that says, ‘You groom the next guy who’s going to take your job, or else.’ It doesn’t work that way.”

Continue Reading @ Darin Gantt 

Darin Gantt wrote:

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
5 years ago
Furthering the notion that QB's are the biggest candy asses on the football team... every other position is based on the depth and overall strength of the unit overall. But the QB spot should be this exclusive spot where they don't help each other to become better players and a group. Because their candy ass ego/self confidence can't handle helping each other improve because their snap count might be in jeopardy.

They can handle a blitzing backer that is going to drill them.. but the horror of their "position" on the depth being challenged... they crumble like the candy ass they have shown themselves to be.

Not all... but many.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
5 years ago
Listening to the whole interview is pretty cool. It was funny listening to Brett talking about his kids asking him to park 1/4 mile away, denying him going to a movie only to go with friends an hour later, etc ...

Furthering the notion that QB's are the biggest candy asses on the football team... every other position is based on the depth and overall strength of the unit overall. But the QB spot should be this exclusive spot where they don't help each other to become better players and a group. Because their candy ass ego/self confidence can't handle helping each other improve because their snap count might be in jeopardy.

They can handle a blitzing backer that is going to drill them.. but the horror of their "position" on the depth being challenged... they crumble like the candy ass they have shown themselves to be.

Not all... but many.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Furthers nothing, other than another tired rant about QB's that takes away from the actual topic unnecessarily and without warranted purpose.

Brett did help the other QB's (including Aaron!!), and so does Aaron. Many QB's help other QB's on the roster. I read about it all the damn time. Latest I recall are Tyrod Taylor and Josh McNown.

UserPostedImage
warhawk
5 years ago
I kind of get it because Favre was at the tail end of his career and Rodgers was obviously the guy in the rear view mirror. Speaks a little of some insecurity in there somewhere as well though. In the end the QB is paid to get as well prepared as possible and win games so if he's not compelled to tutor others so be it.
Rodgers last year obviously helped Hundley both during the week and especially on the sidelines on Sundays. The question for me is would have Favre been there for Rodgers for several games if he had been hurt because that is different than saying I'm spending my time getting me ready to play.
So how far does he take that? Answer is we will never know.
It all worked out. Rodgers obviously got something from afar from Favre (say that three times fast) but left out the insane td/int ratio.
We all knew Brett was all about Brett anyway so there's really no earth shattering news here.

"The train is leaving the station."
Cheesey
5 years ago
Of COURSE Rodgers helped Hundley. He knows Hundley sucks and is no real challenge to his starting position.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

I kind of get it because Favre was at the tail end of his career and Rodgers was obviously the guy in the rear view mirror. Speaks a little of some insecurity in there somewhere as well though. In the end the QB is paid to get as well prepared as possible and win games so if he's not compelled to tutor others so be it.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

Brett has never been shy about why he played through injuries and played hurt. He said he "knew how he got his chance" and he wasn't going to give that chance to someone else due to him being hurt or injured. He also freely admits he was selfish and also has stated at times it "probably" wasn't in the best interest of the team.

This isn't new. This isn't QB specific. This doesn't applies to just athletes, it applies to anyone who is competitive, which a lot of us are. The difference here is Brett is secure enough in his place in legend lore to speak freely about it and admit to it.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
5 years ago

Furthers nothing, other than another tired rant about QB's that takes away from the actual topic unnecessarily and without warranted purpose.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

"without warranted purpose"? I thought the purpose here is to talk about opinions, reactions to content, stories or dialog. Brett talks directly about his insecurity.. he is not alone in feeling that way. I pointedly expanded upon that.

Listen.. I like Favre... always have. He has always been a great interview.. raw and open. And funny.

But doesn't change my opinion that he was severely insecure.. like many at the position and as you noted life.

And the comment isn't really about the QB's themselves... or at least them as a person. The QB position is treated so differently from the other positions on the football team.. like little snowflakes. And they become programmed to it. The media, fans and writers all feed into it.

Do they help each other... yes to a point... the point where they may be a threat to their job. We have seen it play out over and over... one the latest examples, none other than Tom Brady . One many consider the best of all time.

Is it human nature.. absolutely. But the "allure" of being the QB is elevated... and how the media and fans eat it up.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Gilligan
5 years ago

"without warranted purpose"? I thought the purpose here is to talk about opinions, reactions to content, stories or dialog. Brett talks directly about his insecurity.. he is not alone in feeling that way. I pointedly expanded upon that.

Listen.. I like Favre... always have. He has always been a great interview.. raw and open. And funny.

But doesn't change my opinion that he was severely insecure.. like many at the position and as you noted life.

And the comment isn't really about the QB's themselves... or at least them as a person. The QB position is treated so differently from the other positions on the football team.. like little snowflakes. And they become programmed to it. The media, fans and writers all feed into it.

Well stated Pack93 Z.

I have always liked Favre as a player, but never bought into that "old good old boy" bullshit of his.
Favre was only about Favre.
Many QB's are prima donna pussies.
I am chosen by many but taken by no one.
PackerTraxx
5 years ago
Insecurity drives many people...Vince Lombardi was another example.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Do they help each other... yes to a point... the point where they may be a threat to their job. We have seen it play out over and over... one the latest examples, none other than Tom Brady . One many consider the best of all time.

Is it human nature.. absolutely. But the "allure" of being the QB is elevated... and how the media and fans eat it up.

What did Brett say in the interview that furthers "the notion that QB's are the biggest candy asses on the football team"? My apologies for missing that as I was too entertained by his parenting stories of teenagers and how happy he was his youngest hasn't had a date yet and the other comments showing his human side.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (7h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (8h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (11h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (14h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (15h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.