Zero2Cool
5 years ago
Yes, Kirk Cousins is a better QB than Case Keenum, but look how well Case played during the 2017 season.

Case went 325 out of 481 attempts for 67.6% (2nd in NFL) in 14 starts.
3,547 yards passing (12th in NFL)
22 TD's (12th in NFL)
7 INT's which is basically 1 pick every two games he started or 4th best in NFL

What do you think? I am just not worried about the addition to Kirk, in fact, I'm kind of happy they lost Pat Shurmur and Case Keenum in place of a guy they are paying something like $28 million each of the next three seasons. I'm hoping the money spent on QB is going to hurt that asshole defense.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago
I’d take Cousins over Keenum.

Here’s my take: Everyone wants to anoint the Vikings, because of last year. But the only way they got past us was by taking a cheap shot on Aaron. They’re not all that.

If Aaron can just hit the open guy OR if we can keep an active T on the roster, maybe we can get back to reality this year.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DarkaneRules
5 years ago
Fear their defense. That's what put Aaron out of commission last year. Hope that our new makeup on offense allows us to attack it better.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

I’d take Cousins over Keenum.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Do you think the $28 million is going to get you more wins than what Keenum got you at a fraction of that cost? I thought he played pretty damn well and they have that RB coming back who I think is gonna be pretty solid.
UserPostedImage
sschind
5 years ago
Like you said, Cousins is a better QB but Keenum had a career year last year so my take is that the vikings are probably not going to get much more out of the QB position than they got last year. On the other hand it is less likely they will have a drop off. In other words Cousins is more likely to produce the same stats they had last year than had Keenum would have had in replicating them. For that reason I wish they would have kept Keenum. Also I think Cousins may have a better chance at making Diggs and Theilen improve.

Still, it's not the QB position that worries me about the vikings. It is their defense #1 and the potential impact that Dalvin Cook could have if he comes back strong. People say its a passing game and the running game doesn't matter but the quality of your QB has a lot to do with that. An elite QB certainly can make a running game less important but if your QB is not elite a strong running game can help him immensely. I think the cowboys are in the same boat as the vikings. and average or maybe slightly above average QB is helped greatly by a much better than average running back.
Cheesey
5 years ago
He might be a better QB, but to me the question is : will he mesh with the other offensive players? If they don’t like him, or he doesn’t like them, then it could collapse on the Vikings. (I hope!)🤣
Or maybe now that he got his big payday, maybe he won’t produce like they hope.
Honestly, I don’t see what the big deal is about Cousins. Really, what has he done to deserve all the accolades?
They make it sound like he’s Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers combined.
I don’t understand it.
He might be an ok QB, but it’s not like he’s won a bunch of Super Bowls.
UserPostedImage
Bigbyfan
5 years ago
No... living in the DC area, I had to watch this guy every week. He was okay in between the 20s but was a scrub in the red zone. He got a lot of his stats during garbage time as well.

I was actually excited that the Vikings fully committed to him for three years.
blank
Bigbyfan
5 years ago
There is a reason the Redskins never signed him to an extension... You don't see franchise quarterbacks hit free agency.
blank
isocleas2
5 years ago

There is a reason the Redskins never signed him to an extension... You don't see franchise quarterbacks hit free agency.

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan 

The Redskins messed the negotiations up big time, they lowballed him and didn't want to include guaranteed money passed year 2. By the time they realized they should have ponied up it was too late they were negotiating against a 34 million franchise tag. If they would have made a decent offer 3 years ago they would have saved millions.

Keenum had a great year but Cousins is the better qb, Vikings will be slightly better on offense and more consistent.
nerdmann
5 years ago
I’d have probably gone with Bridgewater, but I don’t see how he practices, how he conducts himself off the field, how his knee is rehabbing, I’m not privvy to any of that.

Fact is, it seems to me the Vikings have gone “all in” for a shot at the title. If we can keep at least one active T on the roster, we should be able to bring them back down to reality. I mean they’re good, but they obviously are buying in to their own hype.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (10h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.