Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wpr  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:48:26 AM(UTC)
Who needs Jordy when you have Ally? BigGrin
I've been hoping Allison will step it up.

Cheese Curds said:
When the Green Bay Packers released veteran wide receiver Jordy Nelson, all eyes immediately shifted to the sudden lack of depth at the position.

There was still emerging superstar Davonte Adams, but behind him was Randall Cobb who had strong seasons before but whose performance had fallen off in recent years. After those two, the cupboard was pretty bare until the Packers added three rookies in the draft.

While there now may be enough bodies, there’s still a lack of experience. That’s where Geronimo Allison comes in. He may be entering “only” his third year and was an undrafted free agent, but Allison enters training camp as number three on the wide receiver depth chart.

Allison showed flashes as a rookie before struggling in his sophomore season. He’ll have to show something in preseason or he will risk being overtaken by one of of three rookies, though history is not on any of the three draftees’ side.

Allison will have to continue to grow whilst battling for a job. Such is life for many third year NFL players. Can he succeed simultaneously at both? We’ll know in just under two months.

There’s more on Allison plus the Packers announce plans for the opening weekend of their 100th season in today’s cheese curds.

link APC
nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 11:03:45 AM(UTC)
Monty is #2, Cobb #3, Gmo #4. But he needs to make the team.
beast  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 4:50:45 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
Who needs Jordy when you have Ally? BigGrin
I've been hoping Allison will step it up.

link APC

I still think Graham is going to replace Jordy more, but I thought they had to have some faith in Allison to make that move and while Allison doesn't have great wiggle, he seems to have a lot for a guy with such long legs... it looks awkward but at times it's been effective.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
gbguy20 (10h) : i live in mn and haven't seen one Viking fan who is happy about how the weekend went
wpr (11h) : NOOOOOOO!!!!
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers release CB Deante Burton to make room for RB Aaron Jones
hardrocker950 (17h) : Queens fans acting like they won the SB around here this week
Zero2Cool (22h) : Eagles announced they placed WR Mike Wallace (broken leg) on Injured Reserve and signed back veteran WR Jordan Matthews
Nonstopdrivel (19-Sep) : The Packers are also .750 with no losses. HOLY WEIRD BATMAN
gbguy20 (18-Sep) : Woodson....
gbguy20 (18-Sep) : Charles Wolfson was at GBs practice today. Come back and coach already!
gbguy20 (18-Sep) : sure hope we don't lose king to ir
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are +1 in net points with no losses after 2 games. HOLY WEIRD BATMAN
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Probably King to IR. Activate Jones. Dunno.
Nonstopdrivel (18-Sep) : It would be so cool if the 'Hawks come back and tie this thing up!
TheKanataThrilla (18-Sep) : Would it be worse for the Bears to blow this game? They have dominated it, but it is still only a 2 score game.
TheKanataThrilla (18-Sep) : Is Burks coming back as well? I would probably get rid of one of the back-up ILBs.
gbguy20 (18-Sep) : So wh at mov e do we make to make room for Aaron Jones this week?
TheKanataThrilla (18-Sep) : This is a good Bears team. Like what Nagy is doing.
gbguy20 (18-Sep) : Haha same here kanata
TheKanataThrilla (18-Sep) : Can't believe I am cheering for the Bears. Man my hate for the Seahawks is strong.
Nonstopdrivel (18-Sep) : How is it possible I'm the only one in the chat room for MNF??
Nonstopdrivel (18-Sep) : I believe that whatever doesn't kill him will simply make him . . . stranger.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Vikings traded two draft picks to move up and select Daniel Carlson 167th overall, making him the highest-selected kicker in team history
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Vikings sign K Dan Bailey
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Report: Patriots, Browns close to deal on Josh Gordon trade
beast (17-Sep) : I said it would happen before/by Tuesday!
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Vikings have waived kicker Daniel Carlson, source said.
wpr (17-Sep) : understandable Zero.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Yes, my wall has a few more holes in it, but I see it as an opportunity for remodel.
gbguy20 (17-Sep) : any new injuries after yesterday?
DarkaneRules (16-Sep) : Lions oh my
Smokey (16-Sep) : Yea, I read about that, very strange indeed.
gbguy20 (16-Sep) : Yeah that sums up how bad the bills are
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : According to a teammate, he put on street clothes, said he was quitting and left the stadium
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Vontae Davis just retired in the middle of a game
KRK (16-Sep) : Look for a lot of double A gap from the Vikings
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : after sitting at -1 GB all week, the lines moved to MIN -2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2018 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 9 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Sep 16 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Sep 23 @ 12:00 PM
Redskins
Sunday, Sep 30 @ 12:00 PM
BILLS
Sunday, Oct 7 @ 12:00 PM
Lions