Cheesey
5 years ago
Losses against Atlanta at home, and the Rams and Vikings away.
13-3, win the division and home field, and ALL THE WAY, BABY!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

2018 Opponents

Home ( 5-3 )

W - Chicago Bears
L - Minnesota Vikings
W - Buffalo Bills
L - San Francisco 49ers
W - Miami Dolphins
W - Arizona Cardinals
L- Atlanta Falcons
W - Detroit Lions

Away ( 2-6 )

W - Washington Redskins
L - Detroit Lions
L - Los Angeles Rams
L - New England Patriots
L - Seattle Seahawks
L- Minnesota Vikings
L - Chicago Bears
W - New Your Jets

I am saying 7-9 as our o-line is exposed and the young secondary is thrown into the fire. Our offense will show the weakness at Wide out as Adams sees alot of double teams.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

This prediction from dhazer means only one thing.

We gonna win the Super Bowl!!!
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago
2018 Opponents

Home ( 6 - 2 )
  1. W - Chicago Bears
  2. L - Minnesota Vikings
  3. W - Buffalo Bills
  4. W - San Francisco 49ers
  5. W - Miami Dolphins
  6. W - Arizona Cardinals
  7. L - Atlanta Falcons
  8. W - Detroit Lions

Away ( 4 - 4 )
  1. W - Washington Redskins
  2. L - Detroit Lions
  3. L - Los Angeles Rams
  4. L - New England Patriots
  5. W - Seattle Seahawks
  6. W - Minnesota Vikings
  7. L - Chicago Bears
  8. W - New Your Jets

Looks like I'm guessing us going 10 - 6 and splitting the division games. Though I was questioning weather to give the away loss in the Bears or Jets.

If you look at it via the season way, I got the Packers going streaking after the bye week.
4-2 before the bye.
0-2 after the bye.
4-0 following that.
0-2 again
2-0 into the playoffs.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago
If I recall, the schedule is real hard in the middle. A lot of games where we gotta travel coast to coast. That’s hard on a team. Try to just go .500 thru that stretch, then we’re at home most of the end of the season.

Problem is, to take advantage of this schedule, the team needs tobe ready early to win some games before that awkward road stretch. And we all know the likelihood of that.

If we need to run the table, or anything close to that, Mike is DONE.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
isocleas2
5 years ago
Some scheduling points of note:

@Rams comes after the Packers bye week teams have a higher win percentage following a bye, so I have some hope there

@Seahawks is a Thursday game going from gb to Seattle on 4 days rest...wont be easy.

@Vikings following Seattle Packers get the mini bye 10 days rest, might make a difference.
nerdmann
5 years ago

@Rams comes after the Packers bye week teams have a higher win percentage following a bye, so I have some hope there

@Seahawks is a Thursday game going from gb to Seattle on 4 days rest...wont be easy.

@Vikings following Seattle Packers get the mini bye 10 days rest, might make a difference.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

We'll need the extra rest against the Vikings.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
5 years ago

Yeah, I don't think there is any huge complaints in the schedule... the biggest problem is back to back good teams, opposite coast road games in Rams (west coast) and then Patriots East coast (then back to the west coast a week and a half later for a Thursday night game, but a home game sorta breaks that up)... AND there is no playing a team coming off a bye and not even a game after a Monday night game.

If I recall, the schedule is real hard in the middle. A lot of games where we gotta travel coast to coast. That’s hard on a team. Try to just go .500 thru that stretch, then we’re at home most of the end of the season.

Problem is, to take advantage of this schedule, the team needs tobe ready early to win some games before that awkward road stretch. And we all know the likelihood of that.

If we need to run the table, or anything close to that, Mike is DONE.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Agree, other than the Mike is done part which is probably wrong. But point being they're going to have to do decent with that first stretch of games because the middle is tougher part with Rams, Patriots, Vikings and in Seattle noisy stadium.

Bears
Vikings
at Redskins
Bills
at Lions
49ers

Bye Week

at Rams
at Patriots
Dolphins
at Seahawks
at Vikings

Cardinals
Falcons
at Bears
at Jets
Lions
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

The Seahawks lost lots of players, haven't they?
Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Luke Wilson, Cliff Avril, Sheldon Richardson, Jimmy Graham, Paul Richardson, to name a few. They lost Bruce Irvin a year or so earlier too.

I'm not really ready to fear the Seahawks just yet.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

The Seahawks lost lots of players, haven't they?
Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Luke Wilson, Cliff Avril, Sheldon Richardson, Jimmy Graham, Paul Richardson, to name a few. They lost Bruce Irvin a year or so earlier too.

I'm not really ready to fear the Seahawks just yet.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think the Seahawks' defense took a clear hit... but on the offensive side of the ball MIGHT have gotten a lot better, with a 1st round RB and a serious upgrade to their OL (sorta started last year but still growing together) and a blocking TE.... if you can get a running game going with Russel Wilson, you can be tough because defenders will have to chase both a physical power RB/running game and chase Wilson around.

And while losing Richardson and Graham will hurt the passing attack... they want to be a run first team, and having to chase both a running game and Russel Wilson will be tough... and they signed Brandon Marshall and Jaron Brown... which you can't count on to be healthy, but when healthy, might be just as equally good or better fits as Richardson and Graham. (Graham is a bad fit at TE for a run first team... I'm still surprised they didn't use him like a WR more often in that offense and get a blocking TE).

But it's going to be interesting to see how Richard Sherman does without Earl Thomas and how Earl Thomas does with a brand new crew around him....
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago
2011 started 13-0
2012 started 5-3(R E L A X)
2013 started 5-2
2014 started 5-2
2015 started 6-0
2016 started 4-3(Run The Table)
2017 started 4-1

I agree The Packers schedule looks to have a tough 4 game stretch in the middle, but who knows what it will look like by week 8.

Not sure why the question of Mike not having the team ready to play keeps coming up.

Since 2012(new cba) the practice restrictions have created havoc across The NFL.

Preseason games have become meaningless to established veterans.
To much injury risk involved.

Mike & Co. Has had The Packers prepared as well or better than anyone else.

Would be nice if they started 6-0, But I'm not going to blame lack of preparation if they happen to lose 1 0r 2.
Shit sometimes happens that is beyond the coaches control.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.