• Marquez Valdes-Scantling[/list]
  • TE [list=1]
  • Jimmy Graham,
  • Lance Kendricks,
  • Marcedes Lewis[/list]
  • OL [list=1]
  • David Bakhtiari,
  • Lane Taylor,
  • Corey Linsley, [*]Justin McCray, [*]Bryan Bulaga, [*]Kyle Murphy, [*]Lucas Patrick, [*]Jason Spriggs [*]Kofi Amichia (Amichia vs Bell for the last spot)[/list]
  • Defense - 25NT/DT [list=1][*]Kenny Clark, [*] Mike Daniels, [*]Montravius Adams[/list]DE [list=1][*]Muhammad Wilkerson [*]Dean Lowry [/list]ILB [list=1][*]Blake Martinez [*]Oren Burks [*]Ahmad Thomas[/list]OLB [list=1][*]Clay Matthews [*]Nick Perry [*]Vince Biegel [*]Kyler Fackrell [*]Reggie Gilbert [*]Chris Odom (Odom, Looney and Donnerson competing for the last upfront spot, if they're going to be playing a lot of 3-3 nickel though, then Looney might have advantage as more DL depth will be needed)[/list]CB [list=1][*]Tramon Williams [*]Kevin King [*]Josh Jackson [*]Jaire Alexander [*]Davon House [*]Quinten Rollins (It might be a wide open field for 6th CB spot)[/list]S [list=1][*]Ha Ha Clinton-Dix [*]Kentrell Brice [*]Josh Jones [*]Jermaine Whitehead [*]Marwin Evans (mainly have him making it due to ST gunner position, but this could quickly change to a different person or position)[/list](Editors note: I admit that I enjoy outside the box ideas and this might be crazy, but I sorta want to see OLB Kendall Donnerson get a chance to at least practice as a ST gunner. He's big (6-3, 250), he plays mean and he reportedly ran a 4.45 at his pro-day  which is faster than most of the Packers WRs... then maybe keep Donnerson and Looney over Evans and Odom). Also the Vikings let DE Everson Griffen play ST gunner early on because he had the size and speed to do it, so it's not like it's completely unheard of. Special Teams - 3K - Mason CrosbyP - JK ScottLS - Hunter Bradley
    UserPostedImage
    Zero2Cool
    5 years ago
    Mike Daniels is an End, not Tackle. 🙂 I smile because his profile says DT, but on their depth chart he's listed as an End, lol.

https://www.packers.com/team/players-roster/mike-daniels/ 
    https://www.packers.com/team/depth-chart 

UserPostedImage
    beast
    5 years ago

Mike Daniels is an End, not Tackle. 🙂 I smile because his profile says DT, but on their depth chart he's listed as an End, lol.

https://www.packers.com/team/players-roster/mike-daniels/ 
    https://www.packers.com/team/depth-chart 

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It depends on how one defines it, and based on how I define it, Daniels is a DT.

To me DEs are players that you would want lining up at 4 and 5 technique spot which is on and outside the OT, which Daniels doesn't have the length you would prefer for someone in that role. As a 3-4 "DE" Daniel has mostly asked to play the 2 and 3 technique spot which is on and outside the OG, which is the classic DT role.

DTs are generally more limited to the interior OL, between the OTs, which Daniels is. And as you mentioned, the roster listed the entire current DL as DTs except Wilkerson, Lowry, Looney and Sheehy, which have the length for 4 and 5 technique spot (though I question Looney a little bit, but I haven't gotten to see him play yet with the Packers).

But in the Packers have had trouble filling the DE 4 and 5 technique roles for years... because Raji, Daniels nor Pickett could play there... so they tried 6'4" NT Guion to fill but he wasn't athletic enough, then it went to 6'4" Pennel who did it alright until he got into the doghouse, then to Lowry, and now to Wilkerson.
    UserPostedImage
    beast
    5 years ago

Beast's Mock 53

Originally Posted by: beast 

Changes I want to make to mine after the Preseason Game.

Keep:
    QB Boyle, if he keeps that up, you're not going to be able to sneak him to the PS:
    DT Looney
    OLB Donnerson
    CB ???? (not sure yet, but not Rollins at the moment).

Lose:
    OG Amichia or OT Bell
    OLB Odom
    CB Rollins
    S Evans

STs might be hurt as you're basically losing an very good Safety ST gunner for a 3rd QB, but I like watching Boyle and when he saw it, he clearly and strongly pulled the trigger and he has a very good arm to do it with.... and two of his best throws where with a blitzing DB about to nail him.
    UserPostedImage
    DarkaneRules
    5 years ago
    I believe if there's room, they should consider Martini at ILB, as well. I think he could be a special teams ace for us. Also, I know Goodson doesn't get much love, but I'd be curious if they keep him over Hawkins and Pipkins over House.
    Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
    Zero2Cool
    5 years ago
    How you feeling about your roster predictions after four exhibition games?
    UserPostedImage
    beast
    5 years ago

How you feeling about your roster predictions after four exhibition games?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

From my originally, I feel pretty good. With a quick look, I only have 5 changes.... though some iffy calls still left to make (like Biegel on the bubble, which way does he fall and are we really going to use a FB more or not?).

Beast's Mock 53

Originally Posted by: beast 

But my 5 changes would be

Add: QB Boyle, OL Pankey, DL Looney, ILB Morrison

Take Off: 3rd RB, OL Amichia, OLB Odom, S Evans, LS Bradley

UserPostedImage
    Fan Shout
    dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
    Mucky Tundra (14h) : Yes
    Zero2Cool (15h) : No.
    Mucky Tundra (17h) : End of a Degu-era
    dhazer (18h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
    Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
    Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
    dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    16m / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.