Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 5:23:45 AM(UTC)
Brian is a first time General Manager, so I have provided him a cheat sheet. Yes, I'm a swell fella.

Offense - 25
QB
  1. Aaron Rodgers
  2. DeShonne Kizer

RB
  1. Aaron Jones
  2. Jamaal Williams
  3. Ty Montgomery
  4. Joel Bouagnon (cut after week 2)

FB
  1. Aaron Ripkowski

WR
  1. Davante Adams
  2. Randall Cobb
  3. Geronimo Allison,
  4. J'Mon Moore,
  5. Jake Kumerow,
  6. Marquez Valdes-Scantling,
  7. Trevor Davis

TE
  1. Jimmy Graham
  2. Marcedes Lewis
  3. Robert Tonyan

OL
  1. David Bakhtiari
  2. Lane Taylor
  3. Corey Linsley
  4. Justin McCray
  5. Bryan Bulaga
  6. Kyle Murphy
  7. Lucas Patrick
  8. Byron Bell
  9. Jason Spriggs

Defense - 24
DL
  1. Mike Daniels
  2. Muhammad Wilkerson
  3. Kenny Clark
  4. Dean Lowry
  5. Montravius Adams
  6. James Looney

ILB
  1. Blake Martinez
  2. Oren Burks
  3. Ahmad Thomas

OLB
  1. Clay Matthews
  2. Nick Perry
  3. Vince Biegel
  4. Reggie Gilbert
  5. Kendall Donnerson

CB
  1. Tramon Williams
  2. Kevin King
  3. Josh Jackson
  4. Jaire Alexander
  5. Davon House
  6. Josh Hawkins

S
  1. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
  2. Josh Jones
  3. Kentrell Brice
  4. Raven Greene

Special Teams - 3
K - Mason Crosby
P - JK Scott
LS - Hunter Bradley

Aaron Jones two game suspension. Packers will keep Joe Kerridge for those two games then release him when no one is looking and stash him on Practice Squad.

What do you all think about this?

Updates: 2018-08-31

Updated by user Friday, August 31, 2018 5:22:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DarkaneRules  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 5:33:56 AM(UTC)
Dude! Where's Oren Burks? C'mon maaaan
Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 5:41:51 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules said: Go to Quoted Post
Dude! Where's Oren Burks? C'mon maaaan

I was thinking the same thing that I might have too many OLB's and not enough ILB's lol
dyeah_gb  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 6:05:07 AM(UTC)
I heard back from the office that Gute liked your list until he saw you only had one punter on the roster.
gbguy20  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 7:26:22 AM(UTC)
Why is everyone excluding Davon House?
Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 7:45:56 AM(UTC)
dyeah_gb said: Go to Quoted Post
I heard back from the office that Gute liked your list until he saw you only had one punter on the roster.

You jerk, you had me thinking I didn't have ANY punter!

gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
Why is everyone excluding Davon House?

That's a fine question.
gbguy20  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 7:55:10 AM(UTC)
I don't see how house isn't at least number 5 CB.
Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 7:58:04 AM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
I don't see how house isn't at least number 5 CB.

I have to agree with you.
beast  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:16:04 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
What do you all think about this?

RB/FB: Williams seems to be the starter. The RB coach said Mays is stepping up, so I think I'd rather have him than a 2nd FB during Jones suspension.

WR/TE: I'd rather have the 7th WR than the 4th TE right now. While it's a stretch to think they'll actually do it, I think the Packers should consider keeping 7 WRs with the 3 rookies showing talent but not being ready yet, Allison and Kumerow ready to step up... and Adams and Cobb at the top. Cobb and Allison are FAs at the end of the season, and so those 7 WRs this year might become the 5 WRs next year if you don't resign the FAs... and you didn't have to draft anybody.

OL: No Spriggs? ... I think they need Spriggs for OT depth and I'm not ready to give up on his potential yet. From what I've read about Bell, it sounds like he's struggling so far. While I had high hopes for Amichia, I haven't heard much good about him yet either.

DL/OLB: 3-4 DLs usually have 5 or 6. I think they should be able to sneak Lancaster over to the PS.

OLB: I think Fackrell will be a better fit in this defense, and sounds like Fackrell has been doing better against Bak in practice this year. Beat him on a one on one rep, and some said he was threatening the edge on the play Bak sprain his ankle, and Bak was hurrying to try to catch up (I haven't been able to rewatch to confirm). Plus I've been thinking Matthews and Fackrell (coverage ability) might end up helping at ILB some this year. Watching Kendall Donnerson film, he looked like a better athlete than football player at that point... though he MIGHT earn a spot via STs (great MEAN athlete for his size), I'm giving the edge to Odom right now (pun wasn't intended; they're at the edge position).

CB: I think House makes in... I'm having trouble ranking the CBs after House and Jackson.

S: I think Whitehead makes it, he's been improving in coverage and earned more playing time late last year and they have been working him all over from FS to Dime LB. Also they need a back-up FS and Whitehead is their only half proven option... Brice might also be an option but he's always injured.

LS: It's going to come down to the preseason games, but so far the reports have said the drafted LS has been messing up more often than the NON-drafted one.

DarkaneRules  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:22:46 AM(UTC)
Davon House and Lenza Pipkins are so close. I want to see who makes more plays. Pipkins could be a surprise.
beast  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:48:42 AM(UTC)
Beast's Mock 53

Offense - 25
QB
  1. Aaron Rodgers
  2. DeShonne Kizer

RB
  1. Jamaal Williams,
  2. Ty Montgomery,
  3. Aaron Jones (Mays holds his spot while he's on suspension)

FB
  1. Aaron Ripkowski

WR
  1. Davante Adams,
  2. Randall Cobb,
  3. Geronimo Allison,
  4. Jake Kumerow,
  5. J'Mon Moore,
  6. Equanimeous St. Brown,
  7. Marquez Valdes-Scantling

TE
  1. Jimmy Graham,
  2. Lance Kendricks,
  3. Marcedes Lewis

OL
  1. David Bakhtiari,
  2. Lane Taylor,
  3. Corey Linsley,
  4. Justin McCray,
  5. Bryan Bulaga,
  6. Kyle Murphy,
  7. Lucas Patrick,
  8. Jason Spriggs
  9. Kofi Amichia (Amichia vs Bell for the last spot)

Defense - 25
NT/DT
  1. Kenny Clark,
  2. Mike Daniels,
  3. Montravius Adams

DE
  1. Muhammad Wilkerson
  2. Dean Lowry

ILB
  1. Blake Martinez
  2. Oren Burks
  3. Ahmad Thomas

OLB
  1. Clay Matthews
  2. Nick Perry
  3. Vince Biegel
  4. Kyler Fackrell
  5. Reggie Gilbert
  6. Chris Odom (Odom, Looney and Donnerson competing for the last upfront spot, if they're going to be playing a lot of 3-3 nickel though, then Looney might have advantage as more DL depth will be needed)

CB
  1. Tramon Williams
  2. Kevin King
  3. Josh Jackson
  4. Jaire Alexander
  5. Davon House
  6. Quinten Rollins (It might be a wide open field for 6th CB spot)

S
  1. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
  2. Kentrell Brice
  3. Josh Jones
  4. Jermaine Whitehead
  5. Marwin Evans (mainly have him making it due to ST gunner position, but this could quickly change to a different person or position)
(Editors note: I admit that I enjoy outside the box ideas and this might be crazy, but I sorta want to see OLB Kendall Donnerson get a chance to at least practice as a ST gunner. He's big (6-3, 250), he plays mean and he reportedly ran a 4.45 at his pro-day which is faster than most of the Packers WRs... then maybe keep Donnerson and Looney over Evans and Odom). Also the Vikings let DE Everson Griffen play ST gunner early on because he had the size and speed to do it, so it's not like it's completely unheard of.

Special Teams - 3
K - Mason Crosby
P - JK Scott
LS - Hunter Bradley
Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 9:05:00 AM(UTC)
Mike Daniels is an End, not Tackle. :-) I smile because his profile says DT, but on their depth chart he's listed as an End, lol.

https://www.packers.com/...ers-roster/mike-daniels/
https://www.packers.com/team/depth-chart

beast  
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 10:43:52 AM(UTC)
Mike Daniels is an End, not Tackle. :-) I smile because his profile says DT, but on their depth chart he's listed as an End, lol.

https://www.packers.com/...ers-roster/mike-daniels/
https://www.packers.com/team/depth-chart

It depends on how one defines it, and based on how I define it, Daniels is a DT.

To me DEs are players that you would want lining up at 4 and 5 technique spot which is on and outside the OT, which Daniels doesn't have the length you would prefer for someone in that role. As a 3-4 "DE" Daniel has mostly asked to play the 2 and 3 technique spot which is on and outside the OG, which is the classic DT role.

DTs are generally more limited to the interior OL, between the OTs, which Daniels is. And as you mentioned, the roster listed the entire current DL as DTs except Wilkerson, Lowry, Looney and Sheehy, which have the length for 4 and 5 technique spot (though I question Looney a little bit, but I haven't gotten to see him play yet with the Packers).

But in the Packers have had trouble filling the DE 4 and 5 technique roles for years... because Raji, Daniels nor Pickett could play there... so they tried 6'4" NT Guion to fill but he wasn't athletic enough, then it went to 6'4" Pennel who did it alright until he got into the doghouse, then to Lowry, and now to Wilkerson.
beast  
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:33:33 PM(UTC)
beast said: Go to Quoted Post
Beast's Mock 53

Changes I want to make to mine after the Preseason Game.

Keep:
QB Boyle, if he keeps that up, you're not going to be able to sneak him to the PS:
DT Looney
OLB Donnerson
CB ???? (not sure yet, but not Rollins at the moment).

Lose:
OG Amichia or OT Bell
OLB Odom
CB Rollins
S Evans

STs might be hurt as you're basically losing an very good Safety ST gunner for a 3rd QB, but I like watching Boyle and when he saw it, he clearly and strongly pulled the trigger and he has a very good arm to do it with.... and two of his best throws where with a blitzing DB about to nail him.
DarkaneRules  
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 7:38:58 AM(UTC)
I believe if there's room, they should consider Martini at ILB, as well. I think he could be a special teams ace for us. Also, I know Goodson doesn't get much love, but I'd be curious if they keep him over Hawkins and Pipkins over House.
Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 5:24:09 AM(UTC)
How you feeling about your roster predictions after four exhibition games?
beast  
#17 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 1:05:34 PM(UTC)
How you feeling about your roster predictions after four exhibition games?

From my originally, I feel pretty good. With a quick look, I only have 5 changes.... though some iffy calls still left to make (like Biegel on the bubble, which way does he fall and are we really going to use a FB more or not?).
beast said: Go to Quoted Post
Beast's Mock 53

But my 5 changes would be

Add: QB Boyle, OL Pankey, DL Looney, ILB Morrison

Take Off: 3rd RB, OL Amichia, OLB Odom, S Evans, LS Bradley
Rss Feed