• Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
PackersHome name: Trippster
Real Name (first only): Tripp
Current City: Milwaukee
Hometown: Good Question. Elm Grove & Brookfield WI, then mostly Jackson,MI

1) How did you choose your screen name?

Good friend of mine called me that way back.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I have one sister who is 16 months older than me. We lived in the Milwaukee area till I was nine then we moved to Jackson Michigan. 45,000 people about an hour west of Detroit right on Interstate 94. Funny thing is most people know of Jackson because that is where the State Prison is located. Matter of fact, a sign on the highway says, Dont pick up hitchhikers, State Prison. Town lived off of the Auto industry as secondary suppliers. Great golf courses and sports in general. 4 people from Jackson have played on the PGA and LPGA tour. (Dave and Mike Hill are the most noteworthy). Lots of GREAT golfers in Jackson.

Birth of some Rock and Roll too. Saw Bob Seger for $2 in my jr high gymnasum as an 8th grader. Used to go around the corner from my sister's boyfriend's house and watch Ted Nugent practice in his garage. Would see him in my high school all the time once he was big. He woudl be there for local Ducks Unlimited get togethers. Roger Penske is also from Jackson.

Currently I am happily divorced and have one amazing son, Kip. Kip is a freshman at Platteville and played this fall for the football team. Amazing is he only played one year of high school football. Made the college team as a freshman tight end and played about 10-12 plays a game! Platteville is a division III school where tryouts are allowed (no scholarships). Well, a month ago, he worked out for Minnesota State (division II) and they offered him a roster spot! Blows my mind. I told him next year, division I and then the Packers. He is 6-5, 250lbs with great hands. Only problem with Minny State? Yup, Purple and gold uniforms! Yuck!

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

Played Golf and Hockey in high school. My high school was/is a force to be reckoned with in Michigan sports. We were ranked #1 in the state my junior and senior year in golf, won the state championship my junior and senior year in hockey, and won football and baseball championships my senior year.

Best coach I ever had was my high school hockey coach. Gruff old firefighter. Couldnt put two words together without dropping the Fbomb in between. That was fine except I went to a catholic school and many times during our in between periods pep talk our principal would come into the locker room. His name was Father Coyle. We would all just start laughing under our breaths because we knew coach couldnt go on his usual rampage.was at a complete loss of words! During training camp we wouldnt see a puck for the first two weeks. Skate and Puke, Skate and Puke. I saw the result though in our state finals. We were leading 2-1 after two periods. In the third, we just skated all around them because of our conditioning and won the game 10-1. I was a goalie. Love making the saves.

Golf was amazing. I averaged under 77 for 3 years and was never the number one or two player. Our one player averaged 71.2 (still a school record) and #2 went on to become a golf professional as did I. Pretty strong team however we always choked at state.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

Probably just the camaraderie of my buddies. Even though we are all over the country now, I am still very close with every one of my high school buddies. Every year 8 of us get together somewhere and play golf. Everyone is now very successful at what they do and I would venture to say all 8 make over 100k a year. Guess I chose some smart friends. Home life wasnt all that great as my dad traveled 90% of the time. Found my release in sports.

5) What was your first job?

Gas station attendant. Lasted a whole day. Next was a cook at A&W. Lasted awhile til the owner told me to put rancid hamburger meat into the coney sauce. Quit on principal. Looking back, I distinctly remember that being a defining moment. Live on principal or succumb to the man.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

We have had tickets to the Milwaukee games since a year before I was born. I grew up going to the games and watching Starr, horning, Taylor etc. I was there watching Travis Williams (aka the Roadrunner) run back two kickoffs for touchdowns in the same game. Hester has nothing on this guy. Also got Vince Lombardis autograph one game. Got it on a scratch piece of paper. A month after he died, not knowing what it was, our cleaning lady threw it away.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

Gosh, so many. Being at the Oakland Game after Irvs death was magical. However, spending time with Brett Favre and the Packers as they helped out little Christopher has easily made me the most proud of being a Packer fan. Many of you know I love Brett in a Man-Man way, but that day sealed it for me.

8 ) How did you find the PackersHome and what keeps you active on the site?

Well lets see. I started at BrettFavreOfficial something or other .com, took a left, and here I am! I think Packer Chick or Cheesey brought me over.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

Not many. Cubs fan, Blackhawks. Big Tiger Woods Fan. Ever want to hear some tales, I will tell you about all the brushes with celebrities I have had.

10) When youre not on PackersHome what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Photography, beer, people watching (ok, women oogling), concerts, travel, internet . Anything to do with my son.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

I already had it when the organization rolled out the red carpet for Christopher when I brought him up there. Just know that you are fans of a truly first class organization that gets it.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

Yikes, No idea. Many. Seats are Packers side, 11 yard line. 14 rows back. Couldnt be much better.

13) What is your worst fear?

Letting down my son. Or, ending up on a deserted Island with Vikesrule, a tv, and only Minneapolis station reception!

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Photography. Mainly sports and candid shots. You can see a lot of my pics at www.pixagogo.com/trippster . I also have a book published. Go to blurb.com and search Tripp Hardin.

15) Whats your favorite food?

Steak and creamed spinach. My mom made it for my birthday every year till she passed away when I was 28. If you saw me you would know pretty much everything is good to meexcept Lima beans. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.

Dominican Republic is only place out of country except for Mexico and Canada.. Lived in FL, GA, OH, KY, AZ, MI, IL, WI, CA, CO, TX. Favorites; Vail, CO, Scottsdale, AZ and San Francisco, CA.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Win the Lottory? Actually, play an instrument. I suck. Have two guitarscant play a single song. Cant sing. Thinking about buying a piano keyboard. Some guy named the piano guy says it is the easiest. I think I am hopeless.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

San Diego or Phoenix. If I had a jet to get me back and forth then I would include the Fiji Islands.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.

Brett: Loved his childish passion for the game. Also love what he did for me and Christopher.

Starr: Childhood hero. Class act. My role model on how to treat people.

Brian Noble: remember him getting his back hurt and Mike Singletary kneeling over him and praying. Moving moment for me, put things into perspective.

Donald Driver: Loved how he cried when he signed long term deal. Not because he made a lot but because of what he could do with it for others. Just a class act and always smiling.

Ray Nitschke: tough SOB. When I play hockey as a defenseman (not goalie) I pretend I am him and have his attitude.

20) Up to this date, what is you favorite PackersHome feature or memory?

The pictures of Cheesey, and how everyone put aside their differences when something really serious happens to a member. Truly a familyvery dysfunctional but rewarding none the less.

21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed.

DHazer. Time to find out the depth of his Thompson hatred! (and to see what really is the cause of his dementia! ) ;-)

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
vikesrule
15 years ago

13) What is your worst fear?

... Or, ending up on a deserted Island with Vikesrule, a tv, and only Minneapolis station reception!

"Trippster" wrote:

Well if that were occur, I would definitely keep my back to a palm tree and never bend over to pick up a coconut!

And from never encountering a cheesehead before, I'm afraid that the indigenous animals would be in for a rude surprise.

With that said, we would not be stranded for long. By using the top of your head for a signal mirror, we would be seen for 500 miles at least.
My God, I would wager that the top of your head in the sunlight would have rivaled the ancient Lighthouse of Alexandria. :icon_smile:

Seriously, a very good interview Tripp. I enjoyed learning a few more things about you.
A round of golf with you would be interesting indeed!
IronMan
15 years ago
Good interview. Here is a picture of Tripp in highschool:

UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago
I absolutely enjoyed that interview.

I normally don't care for people that are good at golf,(j/k) but what the hell, you have always seemed like an A1 individual...so I'll forgive you.

Awesome stories. Good pick for next interview, too.
IronMan
15 years ago
Those are some impressive pictures in your album tripp.

Pack93z, you might want to delete the period at the end of Tripp's photo album link, so it will work.

This is a good picture:

UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
15 years ago
A great interview and some amazing pictures indeed. Those of Christopher with all those Packers players etc. are just amazing.
Trippster
15 years ago

Good interview. Here is a picture of Tripp in highschool:

UserPostedImage

"IronMan" wrote:

You dont know how accurate that really is!! Have to get rid of the beard and mustache though. No facial hair was allowed in high school nor was sideburns allowed below the ear lobe. But the fro? Dead on! just darker.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Cheesey
15 years ago

Those are some impressive pictures in your album tripp.

Pack93z, you might want to delete the period at the end of Tripp's photo album link, so it will work.

This is a good picture:

UserPostedImage

"IronMan" wrote:

One of my favorites too!!! That was the first day i met Trippster in person. That was at the very first Fan Fest! (Oh....and I'm the "friend" that gave him the name "Trippster!" It just seems to fit the guy!)

Then he tells about all his friends that make over 100 grand a year.........guess he picked me up to even things out!!!

GREAT interview Trippster!!!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Good stuff!!
UserPostedImage
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
Great interview Tripp!! You have lived in many different places, with traveling through that state many times to get to WI, Colorado is the most gorgeous state to visit.

I am also glad that you are a Brett Favre fan just like me. I have never met the guy in person although would love to sit down and have a beer with the guy and just learn about his life.

I am hoping someday to get to meet you in person, you are one very classy guy!!! I am honored that you are my friend.

Great interview pick for next.
Heathiee
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (6h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.