Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Porforis  
#21 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 11:55:12 AM(UTC)
Can we please focus on the topic onhand versus the habits of individual posters? There's plenty of room for discussion here, even without being negative.
gbguy20  
#22 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 12:20:59 PM(UTC)
We need to be using Ty and Aaron Jones the same way the Bears are using their backs. The problem for the Bears seems that they do it so much their QB forgets he has WRs. I like to think we can do that without forgetting about our own WRs.
Porforis  
#23 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 1:08:58 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
We need to be using Ty and Aaron Jones the same way the Bears are using their backs. The problem for the Bears seems that they do it so much their QB forgets he has WRs. I like to think we can do that without forgetting about our own WRs.

I just want to see the Packers fully utilize Ty like they were doing for stretches of the last couple seasons. Call your play, audible depending on what the defense is showing. If they're in dime and Ty is outside, bring him into the backfield and either pound it up the gut or play action. If they're playing run, move him outside and pass. He's a mismatch on the ground against DBs and through the air against LBs. There's plenty of opportunity to exploit those mismatches. Then when the defense starts keying in on Montgomery - start mixing it up with Williams who is a good back in his own right.
gbguy20  
#24 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 1:32:44 PM(UTC)
It's pathetic that we can't figure out how to use a guy who can be a we or rb on any single play. Maybe Philbin is the guy who can make the most of it but the way last night went just didn't allow us to do it. Time will tell
Porforis  
#25 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 2:02:06 PM(UTC)
I don't think it's an issue of not being able to figure it out so much as McCarthy being really big on trying to set the tone for a game, and that's a big part of how he gets teams ready for a team during the week. Unfortunately we don't seem to have regular success running the football until we've had success through the air, so in a lot of ways we're not a conventional team. If we were getting 3-5 yards a carry running it up the gut, McCarthy would be a genius and it would take all kinds of pressure off Rodgers and the O-Line. We're just not getting it done in the early game though and haven't done so consistently in some time.
nerdmann  
#26 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 8:22:51 PM(UTC)
Porforis said: Go to Quoted Post
Fair enough, but like... Can people not point out a perpetual problem with Mike McCarthy? It does get tiring seeing the same ineffective scripted plays early in games game after game. Saying that he's auditioning for his job is pretty extreme but a lot of the early-game playcalling has been mind-numbingly ineffective for years.

Fact is, I was pulling people in off the ledge, even before Aaron came out of the tunnel. This team gets down like that all the time. Probly in 3/4 of their games. But, and I also point this out all the time, they are NEVER OUT of any game. I mean, look at the comebacks and heroics Aaron has shown us. They ALWAYS HAVE A CHANCE, no matter how far they are down.

I still think it's annoying though. Laugh
nerdmann  
#27 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 8:24:36 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Fact is, I was pulling people in off the ledge, even before Aaron came out of the tunnel. This team gets down like that all the time. Probly in 3/4 of their games. But, and I also point this out all the time, they are NEVER OUT of any game. I mean, look at the comebacks and heroics Aaron has shown us. They ALWAYS HAVE A CHANCE, no matter how far they are down.

I still think it's annoying though. Laugh

And one more thing, props to Geronimo and Cobb. I shit talked both those dudes in the preseason, but they stepped up last night. Cobb showed his old change of direction on that punt return, then on that TD he turned around and OUT RAN people! Good to see. ThumpUp
Zero2Cool  
#28 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 8:31:01 PM(UTC)
Fact is, I was pulling people in off the ledge, even before Aaron came out of the tunnel.

Seems fair, since you assisted in them being there. 😉
wpr  
#29 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 8:47:27 PM(UTC)
And one more thing, props to Geronimo and Cobb. I shit talked both those dudes in the preseason, but they stepped up last night. Cobb showed his old change of direction on that punt return, then on that TD he turned around and OUT RAN people! Good to see. ThumpUp

Way to stand up and admit it. Nicely done young man. If only more people would...
TheKanataThrilla  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 2:30:52 AM(UTC)
After seeing what we had in kick-off and punt returns is there really a spot for Davis? I thought we did well enough that we don't need to waste a roster spot on the guy.

We should likely keep 3 QBs active for here on out if Aaron's knee is suspect.
Cheesey  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:42:50 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel said: Go to Quoted Post
Click on the "hamburger" icon at the top right corner and select "Chat."

Thank you! I never even noticed that before!
THANKS!!!
TheKanataThrilla  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 10:04:40 AM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
THANKS!!!

It's addictive Cheesey. I find chatting and watching the game a lot more enjoyable than watching alone. It is much better than a sports bar because we are all cheering for the same team. Some guys are half full, some (me) tend to be half empty when cheering. Different personalities make for a good time.

Go scroll up I the chat and see when Clay got his bonehead penalty. I laugh when I see Beast's post.
Zero2Cool  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 12:05:15 PM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
THANKS!!!

DUDE!!!

Freaking eh, DUDE!!!!!

The biggest face palm EVER!!

One of the biggest additions to the site was MOBILE a few years ago. You know how much freaking work it took!?!?!?

That's it, I'm taking the Wii back!!! Cool
wpr  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 1:21:58 PM(UTC)
Hamburger? I have lines but no UserPostedImage.

I am really hungry right now.
sschind  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 1:38:32 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
Hamburger? I have lines but no UserPostedImage.

I am really hungry right now.

Lose the onions and I could go for one of those.

Cheesey  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 5:25:38 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
DUDE!!!

Freaking eh, DUDE!!!!!

The biggest face palm EVER!!

One of the biggest additions to the site was MOBILE a few years ago. You know how much freaking work it took!?!?!?

That's it, I'm taking the Wii back!!! Cool

LOL!
Hey....no one ever TOLD me before how to get into the chat!!!
I’m OLD, remember!??!!? LOL
Rss Feed