Zero2Cool
5 years ago

As ever, it never ceases to amaze me how many post demonstrate just how tunnel vision can cause one to not see what so many others do see. Neither Graham nor Adams nor Williams or any other Packer is capable of elevating their play above average without Rodgers. The 2017 season is proof that GB is one dimensional and is lost without Aaron Rodgers playing QB. He can raise the on field level of play of players like Graham and others , yet without him the Packers are no better than a 24th ranked team.

Don;t believe it, watch as Kizer leads the Packers against the Vikings this Sunday. šŸ¤·

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Jimmy Graham was tied for TD's last season. Hardly average.
Davante Adams put up pretty damn good numbers, even with Brett Hundley. In fact, he's the only WR that continued to show up game in and game out.
Jamaal Williams was good in pass protection and churned out good yards, but he didn't have any big sexy runs like Aaron Jones.

You are spot on, the Packers are not even a .500 team without Aaron Rodgers. I would dare to believe most teams with one of the top or even elite QB's would falter without their leader as well. Patriots are the only team I would be willing to put money on getting to or exceeding .500.

But, this is why QB's are paid so much. This is why they are called the leaders. So, saying the team is garbage without its unquestioned leader, that's kind of obvious.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
True dat. The majority of teams that lose their starting QB will have a huge drop off to their backup QB.
And itā€™s especially huge in our case.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
5 years ago

As ever, it never ceases to amaze me how many post demonstrate just how tunnel vision can cause one to not see what so many others do see. Neither Graham nor Adams nor Williams or any other Packer is capable of elevating their play above average without Rodgers. The 2017 season is proof that GB is one dimensional and is lost without Aaron Rodgers playing QB. He can raise the on field level of play of players like Graham and others , yet without him the Packers are no better than a 24th ranked team.

Don;t believe it, watch as Kizer leads the Packers against the Vikings this Sunday. šŸ¤·

Adams averaged 68 yards per game and scored 5 TD in 8 games with Hundley as his QB. Those averages would make him 10th in yards and 2nd in TDs over a full season... with one of the worst starting QBs in the entire league last year.
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago

Adams averaged 68 yards per game and scored 5 TD in 8 games with Hundley as his QB. Those averages would make him 10th in yards and 2nd in TDs over a full season... with one of the worst starting QBs in the entire league last year.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

That sounds great at first glance -- but it could simply indicate that Hundley developed tunnel vision and focused on Adams to the exclusion of other targets. If you add up all of the touchdowns and yards accumulated by Green Bay receivers over that span, how do the numbers compare to the rest of the league?
UserPostedImage
Dulak
5 years ago

That sounds great at first glance -- but it could simply indicate that Hundley developed tunnel vision and focused on Adams to the exclusion of other targets. If you add up all of the touchdowns and yards accumulated by Green Bay receivers over that span, how do the numbers compare to the rest of the league?

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

I agree - jordy was targeted much less compared to adams and this was part of the argument of why jordy sucks and why we 'needed' to trade him - somehow we needed to discount the previous year with rodgers and him getting 14 TDs.

Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

So, you're saying Hundley developed tunnel vision towards Adams and teams still couldn't stop it?

I agree - jordy was targeted much less compared to adams and this was part of the argument of why jordy sucks and why we 'needed' to trade him - somehow we needed to discount the previous year with rodgers and him getting 14 TDs.

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

Or maybe Adams was targeted more because he was open more? If you're saying we shouldn't cast away Jordy because he and Hundley didn't have good chemistry, but we should have kept Jordy because he has chemistry with Rodgers, I'd get that, but truth is, Jordy just didn't get open as frequently as Adams. I didn't review every snap of every game, but the ones I watched, Adams was consistently getting off the line quick and getting open. Jordy was not.

Release Jordy allowed us to get Jimmy Graham and Mohamed Wilkerson. And if game one is any indication of what we can expect from Gernomio Allison, that's a win all on fronts. I hoped (and expected) Jordy would have had a big day in his game one.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

So, you're saying Hundley developed tunnel vision towards Adams and teams still couldn't stop it?

Or maybe Adams was targeted more because he was open more? If you're saying we shouldn't cast away Jordy because he and Hundley didn't have good chemistry, but we should have kept Jordy because he has chemistry with Rodgers, I'd get that, but truth is, Jordy just didn't get open as frequently as Adams. I didn't review every snap of every game, but the ones I watched, Adams was consistently getting off the line quick and getting open. Jordy was not.

Release Jordy allowed us to get Jimmy Graham and Mohamed Wilkerson. And if game one is any indication of what we can expect from Gernomio Allison, that's a win all on fronts. I hoped (and expected) Jordy would have had a big day in his game one.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Hundley and Adams worked together quite a bit on their own, outside of practice.
ā€œWinning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a whileā€¦you do them right all the time.ā€
Smokey
5 years ago

Or in the absence of Rodgers, Adams was GB's best offensive asset, McCarthy knew it, and went to that well as often as he dared to try to give the Packers their best chance to deliver points following the loss of #12.
Also it's no great mystery that the new GM, along with the HC, immediately put sentiment aside and addressed player changes as well as draft picks that actually targeted the needs of the team. I foresee this trend continuing into the next off season. IMO, LBs/OTs/and a RB will top GB's shopping list following this 2018 season.

[twocents]

UserPostedImage
Barfarn
5 years ago

Sorry I am using the official stats not your subjective opinion.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Some seek ultimate truth, others are paralyzed by the ā€œtruthā€ Elias shoves in their face šŸ˜‚.

Graham ended up 2 yards in front of Adams in the center of field; ergo, we know 1 of the 2 ran a wrong route. If a very hot and accurate Rodgers was targeting Graham, who is new to system and a notoriously bad route runner, he threw the ball way too high, Graham with a well- timed leap could only get his finger tips on the ball. Whereas Adams, a skilled route runner starting his 53rd game in 5th season in the system, would have been hit in stride for TD. It is not an opinion machumbo; it is a FACT that Rodgers was targeting Adams and Graham cost us 4 points. Elias got that one WRONG! You should consider WATCHING the GAME, not the stat sheet, when forming your opinions

I like Nagler, think heā€™s quite sharp. But, if he charted each of Jimmyā€™s 59 plays heā€™d be embarrassed to have said this. He touted the Graham signing and must be suffering from major confirmation bias. Of 59 snaps, there were only 5-6 where Graham was chipped by a DLman. He was doubled twice and given extra attention on 3 other plays. The rest of the pass plays he was single covered man by a LB, S or CB and he was unable to get separation from any of them except on the 7 yard completion on Kendricksā€™ rub. Note: there were three 3rd and longs where he ran very short curls or outs and was given a large cushion.

Smokey, Iā€™d argue TEs ā€œelevating their playā€ has absolutely NOTHING to do with the QB! Their ability to block, get off a jam, get separation and/or run the correct route at a bad, good or great level can be, should be and is evaluated by GB staff even if they donā€™t get the ball. Now, elevating their statistical output is 100% dependent on QBs ability to deliver the ball. And you are right with Rodgers play in the first 4 series was going to kill everyoneā€™s statistical output.

Graham sucks, he ran at least 3 wrong routes:
ā€¢ His non-target stated above.

ā€¢ On the Rodgers sack for -10 and fumble recovered by Linsley. It was 1st and 10, 7:11 1Q. Rodgers was targeting Graham (1)/Adams (2) left. Graham was in slot and Adams ran deep. Pre-snap Trevathan came from his ILB to play over Graham. Trevathan made no attempt to jam Graham and at the snap he took a step in and sprinted toward center of field to take away the Dig [a safety had him over the top]. Maybe GB changed their offense to accommodate Grahamā€™s dumbness; but under the old system Graham runs an out when a LB or safety takes away the Dig. If Graham runs an out and Rodgersā€™ head is right; itā€™s 2nd and 3-4 instead of 2nd and 20 [plus maybe a fumble that did in this case occur, plus maybe a QB injury].

ā€¢ On the play where Rodgers was injured. Graham lined up left four Bears rushed and six dropped well behind the 1st down, except Kwiatkowski who of 7-8 yards deep on right. Graham was primary target; but he ran right to the coverage. The guyā€™s a moron.

At 3Q :25 Graham committed a PI penalty that wasnā€™t called. GB ran a WR screen to G-Mo and Graham started blocking 3 yards downfield well before ball arrived. The good news is his blocking on G-Moā€™s CB was quite effective, Amos covering Graham made a great play to limit the gain to 1 yard.

The rest of his blocking was a disgrace. 2nd Q, 14:11 GB line3d up 3 TEs right and ran right, Graham needed to block the slot CB [Callahan], he amazingly couldnt move or stop a CB from pursuing the ball. He was assigned to perform 5 seal blocks on DEs, which is an e-z block to perform. He did an average job on Mack [at 2nd Q, 6:44] and #99 [at 3Q 6:28]. He got pushed around like a 5th grader by Floyd at 2Q 3:48 and 3Q 8:38 and Mack at 3Q 1:54.

At 2Q, 6:08, Williams follows Graham inside, Graham ā€˜hitsā€ Trevathan with the force of a tennis ball Traveathan unaffected held his ground and help make tackle.

I noticed while watching snaps in slow-mo that Graham is often the last to move after the snap. This puts him at a great disadvantage when trying to block, get off jams or run routes on time. Hopefully, it's a reaction to him not being confident in the snap count and it will improve with familiarity.

This is just one game. But, last year Ā¾ of Grahamā€™s yards and half his catches came on Russell Wilson scrambles. Graham was just about worthless working within the framework of the offense; if that same Graham shows up this year, he will be worthless. Notwithstanding that he may have some games with good stats after catching 2-3 20+ yarders on Aaron Rodgers scrambles; his value to Winning will be close to worthless.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (35m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? šŸ„ŗ I think that means you missed more than half of them šŸ˜¢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead šŸ¤Ŗ
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.