Fitness
5 years ago
Point 1. No Support for Claims Against Kavanaugh
https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-finds-no-corroboration-of-sexual-misconduct-allegations-against-kavanaugh-in-fbi-report-1538625927?mod=hp_lead_pos1 

Point 2. Also, If Beer Drinking and getting Drunk Disqualifies Kavanaugh, What about a self described Dope Smoking Thug....The hypocrisy of the left knows no limits
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1047562943066296321 

Point 3. Power...the real reason they hate Kavanaugh. They left will have to advance their agenda at the ballot box, not through the courts.

…this isn’t about abortion, its not about rape, it is about power…the left is fearful of someone on the court who believes in limited government. if Kavanaugh is confirmed and becomes the reliable fifth vote to uphold the original intent of the Constitution. In that case, Dems would be out in the cold and America would be witnessing the advent of a new legal era, though it will take years to be fully realized because of the Supremes’ deference to earlier rulings.
https://nypost.com/2018/07/11/why-democrats-are-right-to-worry-about-potential-kavanaugh-appointment/ 
yooperfan
5 years ago

Point 1. No Support for Claims Against Kavanaugh
https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-finds-no-corroboration-of-sexual-misconduct-allegations-against-kavanaugh-in-fbi-report-1538625927?mod=hp_lead_pos1 

Point 2. Also, If Beer Drinking and getting Drunk Disqualifies Kavanaugh, What about a self described Dope Smoking Thug....The hypocrisy of the left knows no limits
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1047562943066296321 

Point 3. Power...the real reason they hate Kavanaugh. They left will have to advance their agenda at the ballot box, not through the courts.

…this isn’t about abortion, its not about rape, it is about power…the left is fearful of someone on the court who believes in limited government. if Kavanaugh is confirmed and becomes the reliable fifth vote to uphold the original intent of the Constitution. In that case, Dems would be out in the cold and America would be witnessing the advent of a new legal era, though it will take years to be fully realized because of the Supremes’ deference to earlier rulings.
https://nypost.com/2018/07/11/why-democrats-are-right-to-worry-about-potential-kavanaugh-appointment/ 

Originally Posted by: Fitness 

You trumpian cultists have no idea where this is going and when we get there you won’t be happy!
Book it!!!

Fitness
5 years ago
PLEEEEEEASE, spare me. You just cant stand a decent Constitutionalist, especially if he is male, white, and Christian on the court.

You are the one who perfectly understands where it going...to the Constitution, and the original intent....and you cant stand it.
yooperfan
5 years ago

PLEEEEEEASE, spare me. You just cant stand a decent Constitutionalist, especially if he is male, white, and Christian on the court.

You are the one who perfectly understands where it going...to the Constitution, and the original intent....and you cant stand it.

You have no clue!

Fitness
5 years ago
OK, if you say so..I guess I am just a deplorable
Cheesey
5 years ago
So.... he’s a “liar”.
What proof do you have that he’s lieing in this case?
Have YOU ever lied???
I KNOW you have.
So should’nt you be judged as unfit for ANY job you are nominated for?
Oh, you will say “I’m not trying to be a Supreme Court justice”. So anyone that has lied in their life should not be able to be a judge? Then you better take all the judges that are on the bench now and drop them.
Just stop being a hypocrite.
There is no proof that he ever molested anyone, or that he lied.
Get down off your pedestal before you fall off and break your neck.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

When they come to enslave you, they’ll tell you its about freedom or God or the Flag! Just so ya know someone who calls themselves a “constitutionalist” is either ignorantly or purposefully misrepresenting what they really are, an oligarchist!

The Constitution begins with “We the People” and then proceeds to eff us over for the rest of the of the document. No citizen had the right to vote; our fore-fathers didn’t believe in it. BTW, Kavanaugh has expressed that not everyone should be allowed to vote.

House Members were to be elected only by those qualified to vote. Who was qualified was determined by the politicians of each state. The most common qualification was property ownership.

Senators were elected by the House.

Who could vote for President was decided by each State’s politicians. Each state was assigned delegates equal to the # of congressional members. Most states just had the delegates vote in the first several elections. If a state’s qualified voters voted for President; then the delegates would cast their vote for whomever got the majority; though they were not legally bound to do so.

Both federal and state Judges were appointed by politicians.

Enslaving someone was not prohibited. Indentured slavery was expressly approved. When the Constitution said “men” it meant “white men;” women had no rights and neither did Native Americans or Blacks, who were counted as 3/5th of a human being when it came to apportioning House seats.

Here’s how the voting went for the government implemented by our founding fathers in the first 4 elections…We the People my ass! Our Government was formed as an oligarchy; only the richest MEN in our society were allowed to vote.

In 1788, 44 K people voted [Of a population over 3M-3 states did not sign Constitution and did not participate]; 1792 28k voted [Even though there were 5 more states voted over 1788- 2 that allowed people to vote in 1788, stopped the practice in 1792]. In 1796, the first year people had a choice, 68K voted [There were 2 more states (Actually 3 because Massachusetts included the area we call Maine today and population had grown to Just under 5M]. In 1800, only 67K voted even though population rose to 5.3M.

Oh and the Bill of Rights passed a few year later did NOT make gun ownership a right [Just so ya know, Mr. “constitutionalist”].

Do you know why election day is Tuesday and only 1 day?

Ultimate voter suppression; Blacks enslaved; women 2nd class citizens, only the rich voted; what kinda person thinks this is the way to go? If someone makes $1M per, they’re not dumbshits, because at least their voting in their interest.

Com'mon Fitness, let's have a real in depth discussion about this fore-father BS, don't run away again [Snickering]
Fitness
5 years ago
BF,
You are wrong on so many counts, and I need to get my beauty sleep, so I will just hit the highlights:

You said, "Oh and the Bill of Rights passed a few year later did NOT make gun ownership a right [Just so ya know, Mr. “constitutionalist”].
[list]
  • Wrong...It did.... as recently affirmed by Heller decision....or did you miss that one. I am guessing you are not a big fan of the Federalist Papers. Had you read them, you would have known that the intent was to have an armed populace
  • [list]
  • Its not Mr. its Mrs.
  • [list]
  • The Constitution and the Bill of Rights don't mention slavery
  • [list]
  • I have the right to vote and so to all my black friends. The Constitution, was designed to be amended by either the legislature or via a convention of state. If you want to fix it, that is how to do it, not by legislating through the supreme court
  • [list]
  • When they come to enslave me???? A totalitarian government of, by, and for the elitists who want to take my guns is what I fear. That seems to be what you want...a central government all powerful ruled by 'thought police' and run via the type of inquisition we just saw your people pull on Kavanaugh[/list]
  • And by the way, it would be far more constructive to debate the ideas in the constitution rather than your opinion of the men and their motives....but that's what the left ALWAYS engages in...character assassination. All men and women are and were flawed...but one.

OK, I am done. Is Kavanaugh perfect? No. As Nerdmann has pointed out, his fourth amendment views are not to my liking. (I bet this episode will enlighten him on totalitarian power.) However, overall, I think he is a good man with Constitutionist views. I am sorry you disagree. I will defend your right to speak your opinion without consequence. I just wonder why people on the left don't feel the same way...it used to be call freedom of expression. Now leaders on your side want people to get in our faces.

I know this, as a mother, step-mother, aunt, and hopefully someday a grandmother of men, I want them, and my daughters, to have the protections of presumption of innocence, due process, illegal search and seizure, etc.

Now go have a glass of milk and go to sleep...I am
    KRK
    • KRK
    • Veteran Member
    5 years ago
    The rule of law, the presumption of innocence, due process, have won the day! Tyranny, at least for the meantime, has been defeated!
    Tonight I will thank God that Justce Kavanaugh was approved and thank God that Donald Trump was elected president
    In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
    dyeah_gb
    5 years ago

The rule of law, the presumption of innocence, due process, have won the day! Tyranny, at least for the meantime, has been defeated!
    Tonight I will thank God that Justce Kavanaugh was approved and thank God that Donald Trump was elected president

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Agree KRK. Sanity and decency won out, at least for today. Frightening how far this went. Can rational thinking and values prevail in the long term?
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman