Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
Did you know, of the 23 northern states that made up the North in 1860, as of 1830 only ONE [Vermont] never had a slave counted on their Census? And according to the Census, when the Civil war broke out, more than 450K slaves resided in the North across 9 states. And since all but 4 states had laws on the books outlawing slavery, you can bet these numbers were undercounted.

Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation only outlawed slavery in Confederate States. He signed a law that outlawed slavery ONLY in areas where the Proclamation had no legal effect. Maybe Abe didn't free the slaves...Just shows history is written by the winners.

Much of what we were taught up thru High School about our history is cherry-picked and/or outright dishonest. Take time to listen to some of George Carlin’s very entertaining routines on school; read anything you can by Zinn or his disciples; and for god sake challenge everything you think you know.
Smokey
5 years ago
The winners/ruling party write the "approved" history. Always have.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
Yup....like teaching children that everything evolved from a rock, “millions of years ago”, even though there is nothing proving that.
Oh, they SAY there is, but none of their proof stands up against scrutiny.

Lincoln died because he was against slavery. John Wilkes Booth understood that.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago

Yup....like teaching children that everything evolved from a rock, “millions of years ago”, even though there is nothing proving that.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I guess it's a good thing that no one is teaching that then.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago
The slaves that were in the North were there because their Southern masters brought them into the North not Northerners having slaves. (I am sure there were a few people who owned slaves but for the vast majority it was slaves who were brought into the North.) There were about a dozen Federal laws that required the North to accept the legality of slavery inside their borders. The Southern Revision - Lost Cause began to rewrite the narrative in the 1880s and proclaim the war was for States Rights. They meant Southern Rights. They blocked every attempt at Northern States passing any kind of state laws that hindered slavery.

One example is the the fugitive slave law.
It's Wiki  but it is fairly accurate.

The Fugitive Slave Law or Fugitive Slave Act was passed by the United States Congress on September 18, 1850[1], as part of the Compromise of 1850 between Southern slave-holding interests and Northern Free-Soilers.

The Act was one of the most controversial elements of the 1850 compromise and heightened Northern fears of a "slave power conspiracy". It required that all escaped slaves, upon capture, be returned to their masters and that officials and citizens of free states had to cooperate. Abolitionists nicknamed it the "Bloodhound Law" for the dogs that were used to track down runaway slaves.[2]

If you understood anything about law you would know Lincoln didn't have the authority to abolish slavery on his own. He knew that he was out on a limb doing what he did under the guise of it being for military necessity. Because he claimed it was needed for military reasons the proclamation could only apply to the areas of the nation that were still in rebellion.

Lincoln was a smart lawyer and knew the courts would throw out his proclamation as being unconstitutional that's why he pushed so hard for Congress to pass the 13th Amendment.

But you are pretty sharp Barny, I assume you know this and are merely looking for an argument.

I will decline thank you very much.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago

I guess it's a good thing that no one is teaching that then.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

That IS what they are teaching. It rained on the rocks, it made a “soup”, and life just magically appeared out of it. Then the life just decided to grow arms and legs and lungs, and walked out of the water. Then some of the “things” grew wings and flew away.

That is the reality of what they are teaching.
It’s all science fiction.
If you actually look at what they are teaching, you would realize it’s all a fairy tale that has to be believed on blind faith.
Of course they put a lot of fancy words, and a lot of time, and ANYTHING can happen. (Oh....everything but intelligent design of course).

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

That IS what they are teaching. It rained on the rocks, it made a “soup”, and life just magically appeared out of it. Then the life just decided to grow arms and legs and lungs, and walked out of the water. Then some of the “things” grew wings and flew away.

That is the reality of what they are teaching.
It’s all science fiction.
If you actually look at what they are teaching, you would realize it’s all a fairy tale that has to be believed on blind faith.
Of course they put a lot of fancy words, and a lot of time, and ANYTHING can happen. (Oh....everything but intelligent design of course).

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I have a daughter who has graduated high school, two more that are currently in high school and one in kindergarten. This is absolutely NOT being taught.

Religious folks don't want their religion mocked, but yet they are free to mock the theory of evolution? I urge you to actually research evolution, the big bang theory and such matters with an open mind. It will not change your mind, but you'll see how ridiculous your mockery is.

Evolution is no more or less non-fiction than the Bible. We are all free to believe what we want. Let's not mock what we don't understand or know.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
I have studied the “Big Bang” and evolution. I was taught both of those in public schools.
And to narrow down evolution, that is what they teach.
Life started from nothing. Then over “millions of years” evolved into all the different plants, animals, birds, fish and so on. Please tell me where I am wrong about this. They use fancy talk, but I just narrow it down to what it’s really teaching.
If you have an open mind, then you could see that it is what they are actually teaching kids. But because it comes from a “scientist “ it makes it sound valid.
Man, with all his knowledge still can’t produce life from non living materials.
Yet that is what the Big Bang theory and evolution teach.
And they are not taught as a theory, they are taught as FACT in school.
If you don’t agree with it, you are ridiculed and treated like you are stupid. I know from experience.
They don’t teach that there are ANY other possibilities. It’s evolution or you are an idiot.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
I personally like the alien theory. Life on our planet only started when aliens showed up and we are all actually aliens. Cave men drew pictures of alien space shops in the sky. That's enough proof for me. Also, the pyramids...obviously. When is school going to bring this into the curriculum?
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

I personally like the alien theory. Life on our planet only started when aliens showed up and we are all actually aliens. Cave men drew pictures of alien space shops in the sky. That's enough proof for me. Also, the pyramids...obviously. When is school going to bring this into the curriculum?

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I've been watching lot of videos on the Anunnaki. It seems somewhat plausible at some spots, but also straight out of a movie in most other spots.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (12h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (15h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (18h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Around The NFL / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.