Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 1:09:07 PM(UTC)
Graham looks like Chmura out there. He can still play, but he's not the same.
Cheesey  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 1:31:01 PM(UTC)
Yeah....sadly. He looks average at best.
Not the big play guy I heard he would be.
gbguy20  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 1:38:21 PM(UTC)
Barfan was right.
Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 1:46:32 PM(UTC)
I don't think we should fault Jimmy Graham for your unrealistic expectations. Saying someone in their early 30's isn't the athlete/player they once were is kind of dubious as well as obvious.

It doesn't even pay to explain that Graham wasn't brought here to be the Graham of old. He was brought here to take pressure off other WR's, which he has done.

That missed touchdown catch that went right through his damn hands, I am definitely with everyone who says that hurts and is pissed.

Bottom line, humans aren't perfect and they make mistakes. I'm sure some assclown will say for X amount of money they need to be perfect. That's just narrow minded unrealistic.

Stop being assholes.
dhazer  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 1:59:00 PM(UTC)
So the ultimate question is , Was he worth losing Nelson over? I didn't like the signing from the start.
wpr  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 7, 2018 2:02:08 PM(UTC)
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post
So the ultimate question is , Was he worth losing Nelson over? I didn't like the signing from the start.

It's not either/or. Jordy and Graham are not linked.
stevegb  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 3:23:06 AM(UTC)
They've been looking for a Finley replacement for years, should've kept Cook in hindsight.
Dulak  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 3:44:56 AM(UTC)
How come the past few weeks its how great we got ride of jordy for graham and how it is for the best ... and now we get a thread like this?

I hate to blow my own horn but its freaking obvious losing our best chemistry receiver with rodgers and say either our 1st or 2nd best wr for a guy that lost a step with seattle isnt going to be as good.

oh and stevegb mentioned cook too ... ya I was peeved too they let cook go. funny how they showed that out of bounds pass the rodgers threw to cook at the start of the game and talked about how good rodgers is.

oh ya as if I hadnt mentioned this many times before they had to pick bennet up I forgot he was a great acquisition ...

Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 4:42:45 AM(UTC)
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post

Straight up? No. But factoring in we were able to get Jimmy Graham AND Mo Wilkerson, yes. You don't keep three $10 million + year WR's on your roster. You need to restock or you're gonna get caught old and slower than slow.

The Packers must have had a really damn good reason to cut ties with Jordy Nelson. The fact that a few still do not see the forest through the trees shows a little something there. It's not a bad thing, but you don't cut someone like Jordy Nelson (fan favorite, QB favorite) for shits an grins.

It was the right decision at the time (like Ron Wolf said, cut a guy year too soon than year too late), even if I hated it at the time and wish Jordy would have remained with the Packers.

The argument is Jordy was open to a lower salary. But, would he eventually (post draft) be okay being the 4th WR behind Geronimo Allison?

stevegb said: Go to Quoted Post
They've been looking for a Finley replacement for years, should've kept Cook in hindsight.

I really wish we knew what happened with Jared Cook. All I recall is Packers offered contract, but Cook priced himself out and settled with the Raiders offer. How accurate that is, I haven't a clue.

Jimmy Graham has 16 catches for 169 yards and 1 TD. He's opened things up for the other WR when on the field too, but I don't have statistics to show his impact. I can only urge you to purchase GamePass and look at the all 22.

We do not have a TE problem. We have a QB problem.
Cheesey  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 5:58:14 AM(UTC)
True. I saw guys open short yesterday, and Rodgers ignored them.
I don’t understand that.
nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2018 9:29:44 AM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
I don’t understand that.

The big word this season was "ACCOUNTABILITY." No one in the organization is willing to step to Aaron when it comes to hitting the open guy. We no longer have a front office guy who has those type of cajones.
Dulak  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 2:08:46 AM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
The big word this season was "ACCOUNTABILITY." No one in the organization is willing to step to Aaron when it comes to hitting the open guy. We no longer have a front office guy who has those type of cajones.

regretfully true ... we just paid him a fortune. He does call out himself ie in the press conference; but of course the team also.

I was a bit concerned for him after his collar bone break. I know last weeks game rams vs viks the rams QB displayed some really great throws that rodgers used to be able to nail. Im hoping he can get back into the rhythm.
blueleopard  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 3:36:48 AM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
I don’t understand that.

This. Jordy this. Jordy that.

Tom Brady has had and lost guys like David Patten, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Brandin Cooks, and whoever you name, but his play doesn't considerably drop off the way Aaron's does.

Rodgers wants to win with finesse.

Brady wants to win at all costs.

There, I said it.
steveishere  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:50:35 AM(UTC)
Graham is having similar production to what Cook did in this offense so far.
Barfarn  
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:05:17 PM(UTC)
Graham is a mess.

He continues to run wrong routes [spotted 2-3 in each game i reviewed, which means there's more]

His blocking is the same as always: soft and really really bad.

The Bears gave him a little attention in Game 1 especially in RZ; but no one else has given him a thought.

People are misinterpreting what is happening when they claim he's being chipped. A spy's job is to cover anyone that comes into his zone and knock the crap out of any receiver running his route within his reach. Most receivers are smart enough to stay 2 yards from the spy...Graham is not. When he gets knocked off his route by the spy that is not extra attention by the D, it's Jimmy being Jimmy.

Most of his yards have come on plays when he has been uncovered. Hell, I could do that LOL

Note: Jordy could have been kept for 2x$7M; Jimmy is 3x$10M- this was not a straight exchange
beast  
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:52:45 PM(UTC)
Just to be clear Graham is currently on pace to get 930 yards... which would be the 4th most in his career and best since 2013.... and half the games he's gone over 75 yards.... and that's been with a gun shy Rodgers who has seemed to be even more conservative throwing the ball with all these new guys to the team playing more snaps.

Let's be honest, the real reason we're bitching is because he only has one TD. And with the Packers struggles at the goal line, I'm still quite confused why Mike McCarthy didn't spread him out wide and say jump ball to Graham. But maybe they were very forced on Graham? But still one on one, he/Rodgers should win.... they put two games on him and there should be another opening.

It should be noted that whenever Graham has joined a next team, he struggles to get the scoring going at first.

Cheesey  
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 9:33:18 PM(UTC)
He’s been doing more each game. It takes time for a a new guy on a team to link up with the QB.
I was impatient, and wanted too much right away. I think he will be a bigger part as the season goes on.
gbguy20  
#18 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 1:23:09 AM(UTC)
You're right but damn he just bumbles down the field and drops a lot of passes.
Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 3:04:20 AM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
You're right but damn he just bumbles down the field and drops a lot of passes.

How many dropped passes does he have? I didn't realize it was a problem. And he's on pace for over 70 receptions. I think that would be a Packers record for TE.
gbguy20  
#20 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 6:09:40 AM(UTC)
Idk I can't look up stats on this stupid phone but I feel like he probably has 5 drops off of memory. Depends on how they score it though I suppose. Finley had the drops too if I remember right. And yes I know everything you said is accurate.
Rss Feed