Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:41:11 AM(UTC)
When a player mentally checks out, it's time to move on. Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix doesn't think he's going to be here next year, so trade his ass for whatever you can get right now. We want players who want to work together for the long haul. Clinton-Dix has already checked out and is thinking about next season. Fuck him.

A comment on being stiff-armed -- you dipshit, YOU are not supposed to get away from him! He should be afraid of YOU!!

Jason Wilde said:
GREEN BAY — Ha Ha Clinton-Dix doesn’t know what the future holds, but he doesn’t expect it to have him in Green Bay.

At least, that’s the approach the fifth-year safety is taking as he and the up-and-down Packers get ready for Monday night’s game against the San Francisco 49ers at Lambeau Field.

“Right now, I’m playing each and every game like it’s my last. I don’t think I’m going to be here next year,” Clinton-Dix said Monday, one day after the Packers fell to 2-2-1 with a loss at Detroit. “That’s how I look at it. I just (have to) be honest with myself. You’ve got to play it game-by-game. Whether we’re losing by 60 points, you’ve got to go out there and perform. This is my biggest interview of my career. So I’ve got to perform, regardless of what the record says.”

[[ on being stiff-armed ]]
“That’s not the first time that kid has stiff-armed me. That’s the second time in two years. So I don’t know. I have a problem with that kid all the time. I even tell him that. He’s got these big dinosaur arms and I can’t figure out how to get away from him. I just have to be aggressive and get him out of bounds. I’m the last line of defense.” said Clinton-Dix

[[ on being a bitch that accepts mistakes ]]
“I’ve gotten to the point in my life and my career where I’m OK with making mistakes and not beating myself up too bad about it. It’s about moving on and figuring out how to make a play the next play or not make the mistake again.”

https://madison.com/wsj/...b-acd3-7f2a26a53505.html
Porforis  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:40:12 AM(UTC)
Ouch, that's something you REALLY don't want to hear. I came into this topic expecting a knee-jerk reaction to his performance and at times lack of hustle, poor tackling, avoiding contact, etc.

I absolutely agree that it's time to trade him now.
DarkaneRules  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 8:05:33 AM(UTC)
Damn. Maybe the bye week? Who do we get in return?
Nonstopdrivel  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:57:38 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules said: Go to Quoted Post
Who do we get in return?

Eric Reid, of course.
steveishere  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:43:48 AM(UTC)
Well he knows better than anyone else does as far as what the team has done or not to try and discuss an extension. I don't see it as "checking out" for him to give an honest opinion on if the team is going to try and retain him or not.LOL
wpr  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:08:27 AM(UTC)
In general it seems that players don't really like the 5th year on their rookie contract. I have seen a few guys go through the motions and wait for year 6 to reboot with the bigger payday.

I don't know why the FO would offer his any kind of a contract. HHCD has been a bit of a disappointment in GB.
TheKanataThrilla  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:12:52 AM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
In general it seems that players don't really like the 5th year on their rookie contract. I have seen a few guys go through the motions and wait for year 6 to reboot with the bigger payday.

I don't know why the FO would offer his any kind of a contract. HHCD has been a bit of a disappointment in GB.

Based on what Safeties are getting in FA him getting around $6M on his 5th year is a pretty good deal for him.

Updated by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:46:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cheesey  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:27:21 PM(UTC)
These crazy paydays have ruined the sport. There is no loyalty on either side anymore.
With the money HaHa is making now, he shouldn’t need more motivation.
Shut the hell up, do the job you are getting paid to do, and complain on how bad you are getting treated when it’s the off season.
It’s hard for me to cry for the poor rich athlete.
steveishere  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:23:16 PM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
These crazy paydays have ruined the sport. There is no loyalty on either side anymore.
Shut the hell up, do the job you are getting paid to do, and complain on how bad you are getting treated when it’s the off season.

Why should he shut the hell up, someone is asking him questions and he's answering them. He isn't complaining about anything in the article he's just saying he doesn't think he'll be in GB next year. Why the hell should that hurt YOUR feelings or make you upset?
buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:38:25 PM(UTC)
A few years ago Micah Hyde was told he was not going to be offered a contract with 6 weeks to go in the season.
Nobody knew about it until a few weeks ago, when he finally told a reporter.

That was the "run the table" year.

Hyde played his best ball of his career those 6 weeks, signed a great contract with The Bills.

My point.
I don't like players who go to the press with their grievances.

Too much of that going on with The Packers this year.

Mark Murphy needs to get control.

I say Murphy because only he can fire the HC.

Or as it may be The GM.

I really don't like that set up either.

Updated by user Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:36:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:27:54 PM(UTC)
Let's see what we got in Josh Jones.
Bigbyfan  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:31:36 PM(UTC)
Trade him and replace him with who exactly? I believe it is PFF that has him ranked as the 7th best safety in the league.
gbguy20  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:55:39 PM(UTC)
His INTs are inflating his rating
Bigbyfan  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:10:36 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
His INTs are inflating his rating

Fair enough, but I don't see an option that would be an upgrade over him.
Dulak  
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 1:46:50 AM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post

I agree - I remember seeing (I forgot what show/program) where it was people getting ready for the combine and this one guy was using money as his motivation (ie like as he was lifting weights chanting how much money he was going to get if he can pull off some good numbers in the combine). (and to be honest the guy looked like a big fat slob). Anyways still have that imagine in my mind.
Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:50:00 AM(UTC)
Bigbyfan said: Go to Quoted Post
Trade him and replace him with who exactly? I believe it is PFF that has him ranked as the 7th best safety in the league.

When you have someone who has checked out and isn't 100% bought into the team, you have chemistry issues. It absolutely has an effect on others when you know the guy fighting next to you is already thinking about next season. It's not good for morale or trust. I want 11 guys who are on the same page, believe n one another and believe in the team first mentality and practice it.

He's a cancer in the locker room and it needs to be removed. He can change my mind, I just don't see that happening. As for who to replace him with? Any one who is focus is on making the 2018 Green Bay Packers the best version they can be.
Cheesey  
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 9:05:39 AM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
Why should he shut the hell up, someone is asking him questions and he's answering them. He isn't complaining about anything in the article he's just saying he doesn't think he'll be in GB next year. Why the hell should that hurt YOUR feelings or make you upset?

It doesn’t hurt my feelings one bit. Read all the responses after the one you wrote, and that pretty much sums it up.
And it doesn’t “upset” me one bit.
Just because someone ask you a question, doesn’t mean you have to answer it. There are times to answer, and times to keep your mouth closed.
He is under contract, and he should just do the job he is getting paid to do.
What I post is JUST my opinion.

I don’t know why you got so butt hurt over it . Unless you are related to the guy or something.
Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 10:09:40 AM(UTC)
DoddPower  
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 12:38:59 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post

What a buffoon.
buckeyepackfan  
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 12:56:04 PM(UTC)
Nm
Rss Feed