Cheesey
5 years ago
Maybe we are just some aliens video game! And when it shuts it off, we are asleep!😂
😂
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
Maybe the earth is just a snow globe being shaken by someone and we all really just live on a shelf somewhere.
Cheesey
5 years ago

Maybe the earth is just a snow globe being shaken by someone and we all really just live on a shelf somewhere.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

That would explain the nasty fall I took last month.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

The slaves that were in the North were there because their Southern masters brought them into the North not Northerners having slaves...

One example is the the fugitive slave law...

If you understood anything about law you would know Lincoln didn't have the authority to abolish slavery on his own...

Because he claimed it was needed for military reasons the [Emancipation] proclamation could only apply to the areas of the nation that were still in rebellion...

Lincoln...pushed so hard for Congress to pass the 13th Amendment.

But you are pretty sharp Barny, I assume you know this and are merely looking for an argument...

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Your tone and anti-historical rambling suggests that you’re the one looking for a fight.

Grasshopper, you’re frustrated that you cannot snatch the pebble from the hand; realize such a temperament will prevent you from ever being able to do so. Don’t be a senseless victim of hagiography. Lincoln was a tyrannical POS with ZERO respect for minorities, the Law, liberty, or justice. Booth’s bullet saved America much misery.

First, arrogantly using only your opinion to negate the 1860 census #s by ludicrously stating the 450-500K northern slaves counted on the census were actually southern slaves is REJECTED! Your teachers were dopes protecting the myth at all cost? The first Wisconsin slave lived in Green Bay in 1725!

Second, POTUS, as commander in chief, has certain powers, but those only extend “within his lines;” NOT outside of them as you suggest. Again, your teachers were ignorant. Think about it: the US was at war with Japan; could FDR have issued an Order declaring martial law in Tokyo? Of course not!

Third, your opinionated assertion, supported again only by your opinion, that Lincoln was concerned about acting lawfully is also REJECTED. Lincoln had ZERO respect for the Law, to wit:

In 1861, Lincoln suspended habeas corpus using executive orders. In Ex parte Merryman Circuit court Judge Roger Taney [Who was also SCOTUS’ Chief Justice, temporarily appointed to the circuit] ruled that only Congress had such power. Lincoln didn’t quake with fear, he issued a damn arrest warrant for Taney [That was never served] and he just IGNORED Taney’s Order.

C.L Vallandigham, an Ohio Congressman, spoke out against the war. He was arrested, denied a civil trial and on May 19, 1863 was DEPORTED by Lincoln. There was NOTHING he said that was anywhere near worthy of arrest [See, Ex Parte Vallandigham, 68 U.S. 243 (1863)].

Lincoln shut down over 300 newspapers and jailed many of the editors and publishers; denying them civil trials. Lincoln was a fascist.

Federal Law in 1862 required Lincoln to approve any death sentence issued by any military court. In the summer of ’62 Little Crow led a band of Sioux that killed some Minnesota settlers. On September 23, Little Crow was sacked by a large Union force; they scattered taking hostages [one was the cousin of Laura Ingalls of Little House on the Prairie fame]. With the actual perpetrators in the wind, a 5-man military tribunal began trying 392 Native Americans 5 days after the Sacking [on September 28]. The trials only took 5 weeks, the NAs were denied counsel and independent interpreters and illegally tried for common law crimes by a military court. Most of the trials lasted 10 minutes; up to 40 were tried in one day and 303 were sentenced to death. Lincoln upheld 39 of the death sentences, commuted the rest to life. Lincoln was concerned of Europe’s potential reaction to trials that were a complete racist joke. Only the uninformed would state Lincoln possessed a conscientious legal temperament.

Fourth, on the Fugitive Slave Law. In 1855 Lincoln was speaking out against several issues; but on August 24 Lincoln wrote to a friend, “I confess I hate to see the poor creatures hunted down, and caught, and carried back to their stripes, and unrewarded toils; but I bite my lip and keep quiet.”

Fifth, your teachers deceive arguing that Lincoln’s fight for the version of Amendment 13 that passed was moral; he did it to step on the South’s neck! If Lincoln did have a change of heart from his countless racist writings and acts he would have fought for the version of the 13th that granted slaves citizenship!! He fought against that version. Lincoln’s plan was for the “freed” Blacks be socially and economically enslaved without any rights of White men. He legislated misery on Blacks so they’d be more willing to be relocated to Liberia or Central America. The push for citizenship for slaves began pretty quickly after Booth’s bullet tumbled through Lincoln’s brain.

Ever read the EP? It excluded Tennessee, chunks of Louisiana around New Orleans, and a piece of Virginia around Norfolk. These were Confederate areas that were CAPTURED! They were within US lines and were populated by another half million slaves. That means at the time of the EP’s signing a million slaves were under the authority of Lincoln that could be freed by Presidential Order and he literally went out of his way to make sure his EP did NOT free them.

In 1858, while running for US senator from Illinois [He lost], Lincoln said, “While I was at the hotel today, an elderly gentleman called upon me to know whether I was really in favor of producing a perfect equality between the negroes and white people. [Great Laughter.] While I had not proposed to myself on this occasion to say much on that subject, yet as the question was asked me I thought I would occupy perhaps five minutes in saying something in regard to it. I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, [applause] that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. [Fourth Douglas Debate at Charleston, IL, September 18, 1858]

Also stumping in ’58 he stated he wanted to “free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia-to their own native land,” [First Douglas Debate at Ottawa, Illinois, August 21, 1858]. He opened this speech with: “I hate [indifference to slavery] because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself.”

On August 14, 1862, Lincoln met with a group of free Black Pastors. Lincoln tried to convince them that all Blacks should be colonized back to Africa or Central America. Lincoln said among other things: “You and we are different races
Whether it is right or wrong I need not discuss, but this physical difference is a great disadvantage to us both, as I think your race suffer very greatly, many of them by living among us, while ours suffer from your presence. In a word we suffer on each side. If this is admitted, it affords a reason at least why we should be separated [Emphasis Added].” This shows his talk on the campaign was not just talk.

In an August 22, 1862 to Horace Greeley Lincoln wrote: “My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that [Emphasis added].”

In his 1st inaugural address in March 1861, he said, “I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.” No lawful right? He didn’t have the lawful right to deport a Congressmen for expressing his opinion about the war; to try civilians on common law charges in military courts; to sanction the unfair trials of 303 NAs and killing 39 of them; to shut down the media in a Hitleresque way; end slavery in areas outside of his lines; etc, etc, etc. The guy was a complete PHONY!!!

In 1852, Lincoln sang the praises of Henry Clay in the eulogy he delivered at Clay’s funeral. He said Clay was “freedom's champion -- the champion of a civilized world.” Oh, but Clay owned slaves his ENTIRE life!

Lincoln was the Susan Collins of the House. In his election in 1846 he made a series of spot resolutions denouncing the Mexican War. Once he demanded James Polk identify the exact spot where American blood was spilt on American soil; but every time voted for funding of the War [Zinn’s People’s History p. 149]. Lincoln was a freakin’ grandstander; his words were often duplicitous. Abolition was never a top priority for Lincoln; but he kept it near enough to the top when it became politically expedient.

Lincoln called himself a Constitutionalist [Beware of those bastards] arguing that Amendment #10’s Sates right’s cause precluded him from creating legislation to ban slavery. Lincoln admitted that legislation could be passed in DC, which was not a state. But he never pushed for it because it wasn’t politically expedient. Richard Hofstadter [American Political Tradition] said that Lincoln “breathes the fire of an uncompromising insistence on moderation.” Lincoln’s a phony!

When one stows the propaganda drummed into our youthful heads and analyzes Lincoln’s acts and words with scholarship and realizes much of his worst behavior was not preserved because of his fascist tendencies; only 1 conclusion can be reached: Lincoln was a stone-cold racist, who occasionally played the drama role of the abolitionist to keep his coalition together. It’s ironic that Booth shot Lincoln thinking he was helping Blacks, when Lincoln had no intention. If the South won, Lincoln’s full assness would have been revealed and preserved for our consumption. Unfortunately, much of Lincoln’s history was archived and retold by those loyal to him.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago
As I said, not going to reply. Actually I didn't even finish reading your ramblings. I am well aware of the spin you are portraying. I have heard it before. You're wrong.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
As I have said before, some people think that if they write long rambling posts, that makes them right.
Who writes the most words WINS!!!😂
They were not there with Lincoln, and they pick and choose the “history “ writing that will back up their preconceived ideas.
If it doesn’t agree with what they want, they ignore it and keep looking for writings that will agree with them.
UserPostedImage
Fitness
5 years ago
to your point Cheesey....Pr 10:19 In the multitude of words sin is not lacking....
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

They were not there with Lincoln, and they pick and choose the “history “ writing that will back up their preconceived ideas.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I was a college FR, who had a preconceived notion about Lincoln, and I set out to knock an upperclassman down a few notches, who spoke smack about Abe. Having access for the first time to Lincoln's collective works; I thought my mission would be easy. After reading EVERYTHING, there was no doubt about it; Lincoln was a dick. I was kinda angry at my HS history teacher, who spent quite a bit of time on Lincoln in my Sr and Jr AP classes. I confronted him, to my amazement, he said he knew, but had to follow the school board's curriculum.

This experience shaped most of my intellectual endeavors moving forward. There is no excuse for being ignorant about such things today. Though one must be careful to cull the true scholars from the disingenuous jackwads or those servile to the jackwads.

UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Your teachers were cherry-picking dumbasses! 😂

The next thing Lincoln said in that 1859 letter was, “All honor to Jefferson--to the man who
” FYI, Jefferson enslaved over 400 “men” at Monticello and more than 200 on other properties over time. He hired brutal overseers like Bill Page and Bill McGehee to oversee Lego and Tufton, respectively. There’s the stories of Gabe Lilly of Monticello, who once whipped James Hemings multiple times in one day when he was so injured he couldn’t lift his head. Hemings was a preferred slave, he was Martha Jefferson’s half-brother and one of 7 that Jefferson freed over his lifetime. Jefferson was a typical BRUTAL slaveholder, one real evil POS. When he said “Men,” he usually meant “white-men.”

WPR, I know you feel dominated 😂; but I’m hoping you can articulate beyond the bumper sticker bullshit; a type of thinking adored by the craven extreme right Nationalist. If you must ignore all the bad a supposed good person did; what is the purpose of keeping the idea? Please explain how the following fits into your image of Lincoln:

Outside of the crowds and ravages of the press, in the quiet of his office [August 14, 1862] to a small group of Black pastors: “You and we are different races
Whether it is right or wrong I need not discuss, but this physical difference is a great disadvantage to us both, as I think your race suffer very greatly, many of them by living among us, while ours suffer from your presence. In a word we suffer on each side. If this is admitted, it affords a reason at least why we should be separated.”

You should read the entire thing [Vol. 5-Lincoln’s collected works beginning Page 371]; heck read all the collected works. And Remember: the only reason this was preserved is because his loyal biographers didn’t see this as heinous as it was. Had Lincoln said something like that today, his loyal biographers would have destroyed every last vestige of this talkin’.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? đŸ„ș I think that means you missed more than half of them 😱
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead đŸ€Ș
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comℱ. All Rights Reserved.