Cheesey
5 years ago

The guy's job was probably trying top block the punt. If his job was to not hit the kicker why take the chance and even rush.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

That’s just it. They should have set up a return in that situation. Your D just made a fantastic stand, and you are in a close game with a chance to get good field position. If the ST coach told them to try to block it, maybe he’s an idiot too.
I’m just getting tired of stupid mistakes killing our team. So I admit I’m getting ticked off and have a much shorter fuse then normal.
I hate to admit that the Packers stink this year. I really thought they would bounce back from last season. Instead, it seems they are stuck in neutral.
They are their own worst enemy.
I still love them, but I’m MAD at them as well!
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

So McCarthy is in a lose lose situation. He is condemned for not reigning in his diva QB and if he does reign him in he will be condemned for holding back the best QB in the game. I can't think of any coach in recent history that would be hired somewhere else as quickly as Mike McCarthy would be if he were fired. I mean fired for not being a good coach. Obviously a guy like Bellichick would be hired quickly as well but no one is calling for him to be fired. If Mike McCarthy were fired today I bet three more coaches would be fired within the hour and those teams would be lining up to hire McCarthy.

Mike will be criticized until his offense is no longer LESS than the sum of it's parts.

In particular he needs to get control of his players. They clearly do not respect him. Aaron is a team leader, people look to HIM to see how to act.

Other than that, he needs to understand how to motivate them, yet keep them loose, so they can get in the zone and perform at a high level.

Like I said, Mike has no grasp whatsoever about sports psychology. He's just out there with his textbook, pointing at the pages.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
5 years ago

That’s just it. They should have set up a return in that situation. Your D just made a fantastic stand, and you are in a close game with a chance to get good field position. If the ST coach told them to try to block it, maybe he’s an idiot too.
I’m just getting tired of stupid mistakes killing our team. So I admit I’m getting ticked off and have a much shorter fuse then normal.
I hate to admit that the Packers stink this year. I really thought they would bounce back from last season. Instead, it seems they are stuck in neutral.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Special Teams arguably has cost us these last two games. They, in particular, have been shitting themselves rather spectacularly.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
bboystyle
5 years ago

So McCarthy is in a lose lose situation. He is condemned for not reigning in his diva QB and if he does reign him in he will be condemned for holding back the best QB in the game. I can't think of any coach in recent history that would be hired somewhere else as quickly as Mike McCarthy would be if he were fired. I mean fired for not being a good coach. Obviously a guy like Bellichick would be hired quickly as well but no one is calling for him to be fired. If Mike McCarthy were fired today I bet three more coaches would be fired within the hour and those teams would be lining up to hire McCarthy.

And those three teams will be just as dumb to hire him as well. Hes a nobody without an elite qb and thats a fact. The media tries to shove this narrative about Mike McCarthy like hes a top great coach. To me, hes not jeff fisher bad but hes not even on andy reids level. Reid won games with mediocre qbs, Mike McCarthy would be a 3 to 4 win coach every season without an elite qb.
sschind
5 years ago

That's a bit different than saying his job was not to run into the kicker and I don't disagree with you on the setting up a return. Like you said the defense just did a great job and you stood to get decent field position and the chances of a block are very slim. On the other hand the chances of a roughing call are pretty slim as well.

That is one reason why I don't get so worked up over stuff like this. Sometimes there is a fine line between a stupid mistake and a great play. If he blocks it he is a hero instead he is the goat. Same with Monty last week if he doesn't fumble few are complaining and if he brings it out to the 40 (or even better) no one is complaining. You will still have some people saying it was a poor decision (which it certainly was) but he is going to be forgiven if it works out. Certainly we wouldn't have had the uproar and calls for his head like we did.

I guess if you are passionate you are going to let people know and its going to bother you a lot more. I've learned to temper my anger and frustration but as a result I must say I have lost a bit of interest as well. I work every other Sunday so I can't watch all the games even if I wanted to and I don't have cable or any other way of watching on my TV so even if I have off I am forced to try to find a streaming option. I saw maybe half the game trying to locate a decent one and when I couldn't I said screw it and just followed the play by play on nfl.com (or was it espn? I don't recall.) Anyway, since my nephews started playing Pee Wee football 4 years ago the NFL and, sadly, even the Packers have lost a lot of their appeal.
Cheesey
5 years ago

That's a bit different than saying his job was not to run into the kicker and I don't disagree with you on the setting up a return. Like you said the defense just did a great job and you stood to get decent field position and the chances of a block are very slim. On the other hand the chances of a roughing call are pretty slim as well.

That is one reason why I don't get so worked up over stuff like this. Sometimes there is a fine line between a stupid mistake and a great play. If he blocks it he is a hero instead he is the goat. Same with Monty last week if he doesn't fumble few are complaining and if he brings it out to the 40 (or even better) no one is complaining. You will still have some people saying it was a poor decision (which it certainly was) but he is going to be forgiven if it works out. Certainly we wouldn't have had the uproar and calls for his head like we did.

I guess if you are passionate you are going to let people know and its going to bother you a lot more. I've learned to temper my anger and frustration but as a result I must say I have lost a bit of interest as well. I work every other Sunday so I can't watch all the games even if I wanted to and I don't have cable or any other way of watching on my TV so even if I have off I am forced to try to find a streaming option. I saw maybe half the game trying to locate a decent one and when I couldn't I said screw it and just followed the play by play on nfl.com (or was it espn? I don't recall.) Anyway, since my nephews started playing Pee Wee football 4 years ago the NFL and, sadly, even the Packers have lost a lot of their appeal.

Much higher chance of a roughing call then a block.
The Packers are not good enough to overcome bad plays like that.
The defense even stopped the Pats after that horrible penalty. But the good field position was gone.
This team keeps beating itself.
Montgomery last week, the penalty and Jones fumble this week.
They keep coming up with ways to lose them ways to win.
Just frustrating, that’s all.

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago

the offense is easy to read to the point fans can call the plays at the comfort of their couch.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

I couldn't hear it myself because the game was muted at the bar, but from the very first offensive play of the game, KRK was pointing out that the Patriots defenders were calling out the Packers' plays -- and that's on the scripted plays. That's pretty embarrassing.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
Didn't hear anyone calling about plays. Can we confirm that?
sschind
5 years ago

Much higher chance of a roughing call then a block.
The Packers are not good enough to overcome bad plays like that.
The defense even stopped the Pats after that horrible penalty. But the good field position was gone.
This team keeps beating itself.
Montgomery last week, the penalty and Jones fumble this week.
They keep coming up with ways to lose them ways to win.
Just frustrating, that’s all.

Amen to that.

Although the only stats I could find say there have been 10 blocked punts so far this year and only 5 roughing the kicker calls. Two of them being by the Packers. and another 5 running into the kicker.
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

YES.
What was the guys JOB? DONT HIT THE KICKER!!!
So what did he do?
HIT THE KICKER!
Did the ref blow the call? I’m not so sure of that. Watching the replay, he DID hit the kickers plant leg.
Did the Packer player cause the penalty? YES.
Your team is set up to get great field position, and your defense made a great stop, and you put your team against the wall because of a boneheaded play.
So I got angry. I called the guy an idiot.
Sue me.

Why you gotta be like his? Relax buddy, relax. No need to go off the deep end call people names behind their back. It wasn't the wrong call to pressure the punter. If you don't risk anything, you don't get rewarded. IF we had blocked it, you'd be saying how great of a play it was. Fact is, you don't know what the hell is going on so maybe you should take that into account before acting like you know everything with this name calling business.

We ALL need to understand we are NOT NFL coaches and haven't a damn clue of the flow of the game or anything of the sort. It's easy to micromanage from the comfort of our chairs.

What most likely happened is the Patriots gave the Packers a look that they felt they could exploit. Players are often told if you see this, do this, if not, go default. Maybe they saw something on film they wanted to take advantage of and it failed? So what. They tried and ran into the punter and the official over penalized the Packers. It happens.

I really wish my life issues were so insignificant that I could get as angry as some of you over things you don't even know. And let me tell you, it is OKAY to not know, but to get enraged and name call as if you're better than them? As if you KNOW better than them? That's just plain ... wrong.

I just hope you all can find happiness. It's going to be OK. The sun is still shinning.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.