musccy
5 years ago
You run into the kicker on 4th and 21 or slap a guy in the face you put your fate in the hands of the refs. The calls were excessive, but stupid play afforded a chance at a bad call.

I get so sick of all the Fire Mike McCarthy crap on these boards. Maybe deserved, but you think he called Rodgers 4th down left scramble? Is he the reason the entire 2015 draft class is gone? Blame MM, fine...but recognize the pertinent issues with this team too.
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago
It sounds to me like you're fixated on the people clamoring for McCarthy's head and ignoring the fact that those same people are calling for a thorough housecleaning in Green Bay. The Packers' problems are by no means completely McCarthy's fault -- but neither is he finding ways to clean them up. Some of these issues have been endemic for the better part of a decade now. They've changed out the front office, and things haven't gotten better. What do you propose as the next step?
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
5 years ago

It sounds to me like you're fixated on the people clamoring for McCarthy's head and ignoring the fact that those same people are calling for a thorough housecleaning in Green Bay. The Packers' problems are by no means completely McCarthy's fault -- but neither is he finding ways to clean them up. Some of these issues have been endemic for the better part of a decade now. They've changed out the front office, and things haven't gotten better. What do you propose as the next step?

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Mike McCarthy was 1/3 of the problem. GB took care of 2/3 of it which is why this team still has issues. When they hit 3/3 (TT, Capers, MM) then you will see a significant difference. Yes Mike McCarthy is that bad. And sorry to say, u cant refute it. The guy has done ZERO to adjust his stale offense that has been figured out since 2012. Its why the media downplays the rodgers vs Mike McCarthy beef because Rodgers too is fed up with his stupid game plans and schemes. But hes also humbled enough not to start any locker drama by throwing his coach under the bus so they use dumb phrases like "family arguments" to define their relationship.
Mike McCarthy needs to go. Hes the last rotten seed of this family tree
musccy
5 years ago
The conversation should start at the weak roster IMO. This was a 3-7 roster sans Rodgers just a year ago. IMO the assessment should be on growth. This team played two road games and had a very realistic chance but for two fumbles against two of the best. That's growth, IMO.

21 million is wrapped up in VET edge rushers who didn't touch Brady. Right tackle health/competence is clearly an issue. I like the upside of the young corners and WRs, but Brady's final TD, or ARs preseason comments highlight the inevitable growing pains and illustrate why I feel we need to set realistic expectations.

bboystyle
5 years ago

The conversation should start at the weak roster IMO. This was a 3-7 roster sans Rodgers just a year ago. IMO the assessment should be on growth. This team played two road games and had a very realistic chance but for two fumbles against two of the best. That's growth, IMO.

21 million is wrapped up in VET edge rushers who didn't touch Brady. Right tackle health/competence is clearly an issue. I like the upside of the young corners and WRs, but Brady's final TD, or ARs preseason comments highlight the inevitable growing pains and illustrate why I feel we need to set realistic expectations.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

U can say we have a weak roster but also the coach doesnt do much to help make them better or suit them to their strengths or even shceme them to succeed. When common knowledge like Jones and Jamal being our 1 and 2 RB punch is known throughout the fan base yet the coach still tries to force Montgomery into the mix, thats all coaching. When players get drafted only to play out of their natural position, thats all coaching. I can guarantee you that a coach like Beli or even Reid would have this offense on fire atm. They are real coaches who know how to get the best from their players and know how to get their best on the field.

Where as in GB, u omly get playing time based off your draft position and amount of years u been here....thats all coaching
musccy
5 years ago
BBoystyle...
Do you think Develin or whoever their fullback was in yesterday was a better option for NE than Patterson or White at RB? He was in there, so using Ty being on the field at times as an example of "bad coaching" I just don't see. Ty was pulled in the end of the Rams game which led to all of last week's drama, so Mike McCarthy did exactly what you're blaming him for.

You talked about players getting drafted and playing out of their natural position - was Patterson drafted as a RB? I don't know what you're getting at here.

I don't mean to poke at a debate with just you. I'm also not saying MM's w/o faults, but the "MM is bad because they're struggling, and Andy Reid is great because KC is winning'' narrative (which I acknowledge I'm over simplifying a bit) isn't nearly as nuanced as the reality of the problems are. I live an hour from Philly, trust me, they don't share the same opinion of Andy's proficiency as others do.
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

BBoystyle...
Do you think Develin or whoever their fullback was in yesterday was a better option for NE than Patterson or White at RB? He was in there, so using Ty being on the field at times as an example of "bad coaching" I just don't see. Ty was pulled in the end of the Rams game which led to all of last week's drama, so Mike McCarthy did exactly what you're blaming him for.

You talked about players getting drafted and playing out of their natural position - was Patterson drafted as a RB? I don't know what you're getting at here.

I don't mean to poke at a debate with just you. I'm also not saying MM's w/o faults, but the "MM is bad because they're struggling, and Andy Reid is great because KC is winning'' narrative (which I acknowledge I'm over simplifying a bit) isn't nearly as nuanced as the reality of the problems are. I live an hour from Philly, trust me, they don't share the same opinion of Andy's proficiency as others do.

I liken Mike McCarthy to Andy Reid. I think both are really good coaches, however, just like Reid needed a change, the Eagles needed a change, a change was made. If Packers fire McCarthy, he'll have a job before the end of the week.

I did see some different things with the Packers offense last night and I am encouraged. If we can just stop beating ourselves with these penalties, we're going to light the league on fire.
UserPostedImage
musccy
5 years ago
It's hard to verify, but reading between the lines, I do feel there are some growing issues with AR-MM, accountability, etc. I'm not vehemently opposed to a change, I just feel focusing on that issue on the team is like being worried about bad cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving when you burned the turkey.

I stole this idea from Ketchman, but I do agree if Mike McCarthy is fired, he's on a flight to Cleveland that day landing on his feet.
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

I stole this idea from Ketchman, but I do agree if Mike McCarthy is fired, he's on a flight to Cleveland that day landing on his feet.

Why do we assume John Dorsey liked Mike McCarthy or wants him?
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
5 years ago

BBoystyle...

Ty had one successful game as an RB vs the bears years ago. He has since been force into that role and being ineffective. Most fans agree he is better as a slot wr. Instead, he was getting more touches then Jones and jamal uo until this year. Thats bad coaching. U think Beli will keep pattersom at RB if he doesnt pan out? No. And your example of patterson is poor. Hes a vet and was drafted as a wr and played as one. In GB, u can get drafted as RT and then first year start at RG because coaching is bad here. Dunno how long u been a fan but its been a running joke amongst GB fans that we draft players and throw in different positions that they werent drafted for.

Also on reid, i know he isnt an all world coach but he makes his qbs and players better. Mike McCarthy cant even coach a damn team with Rodgers at the helm. Reid has made qbs like alex smith and now patrick holmes look legit. Thats why i bring up reid. He actually plays to his players strengths. Whereas Mike McCarthy just sits there looking goofy making shitty pad level excuses for his teams losses.

Sorry but i cant take anyone who thinks Mike McCarthy is a good or great coach serious. Not a knock on you, just in general.
Mike McCarthy came from nothing. He was trash in NO amd trash in SF. He wouldnt even be here at this point if not for Favre and Rodgers.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (12h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (13h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (17h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (20h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (20h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.