Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
go.pack.go.  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 5:13:30 PM(UTC)
bboystyle said: Go to Quoted Post
Haha was solid but not a huge play maker. U act like we did a raiders trade here. He didnt want to be in GB, so we traded him away. It is what it is. Contention? We arent contending for crap this year even with HaHa here. Have u not been watching our team this year? Thye are barely a 9 win team at most.

Show me where he said he didn’t want to be in Green Bay. He loves the community & wanted to stay a Packer, but there were no contract talks.
Zero2Cool  
#42 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 7:17:42 AM(UTC)
Yeah, removing this fella means we are waving the white flag on the season.
gbguy20  
#43 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 7:23:31 AM(UTC)
I'm still remembering the Seahawks 2 point conversion floater that haha somehow let be completed
Porforis  
#44 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 7:39:05 AM(UTC)
HHCD has been playing not to get hurt ever since his second year. If I recall correctly he got one injury and then started the sideways-dive-tackling and not being in a hurry to be around the ball.
Porforis  
#45 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2018 7:41:19 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, removing this fella means we are waving the white flag on the season.

That's a much better angle of the play that moved me straight into the "Alright, I don't care when he leaves so long as we don't have him in 2019" camp. Did the same thing the play either before or after. There's playing not to get hurt and then there's completely phoning it in.
Rockmolder  
#46 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 8:59:12 AM(UTC)
DoddPower said: Go to Quoted Post
Exactly!! The babies are crying and acting like HHCD somehow made the Packers a contender and without him the Packers won't be. The Packers aren't winning a championship this season unless things magically change somehow. Losing HHCD doesn't change that. He was an overall average safety that made some splash plays but also disappeared for long stretches.

I wished the Packers would have gotten a 3rd, but if a 4th was the best they could do, I'm glad they pulled the trigger. Does losing him possibly make the Packers slightly worse this season? Probably, but I don't think it's nearly as significant as most think. The Packers weren't winning a Super Bowl with or without him, so they might as well get as much ammo as possible to reload next year.

I'm not that sure about that. This team shows a lot of similarities to that 2010 team. We stunk it up to start that season, getting beaten by a Chad Henne-led Dolphins team that went 7-9 and by Washington with McNabb at the helm who was very much done at that point. We started 3-3 that season.

I'm not saying we're winning it all, obviously, but there's no reason to give up just yet. We have (one of the) best QBs in the league, we just went toe-to-toe with the team that's widely regarded as the best team in the entire NFL, the new defense finally seemed to start clicking last week (29 points is a lot, but it's the second-fewest they scored in a game this season), we're still in it in the Division and there are a lot of winnable games coming up.

I don't think subtracting Clinton-Dix means giving up on this season, but I do think we're a worse team for it.
Porforis  
#47 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 9:17:56 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm not that sure about that. This team shows a lot of similarities to that 2010 team. We stunk it up to start that season, getting beaten by a Chad Henne-led Dolphins team that went 7-9 and by Washington with McNabb at the helm who was very much done at that point. We started 3-3 that season.

I'm not saying we're winning it all, obviously, but there's no reason to give up just yet. We have (one of the) best QBs in the league, we just went toe-to-toe with the team that's widely regarded as the best team in the entire NFL, the new defense finally seemed to start clicking last week (29 points is a lot, but it's the second-fewest they scored in a game this season), we're still in it in the Division and there are a lot of winnable games coming up.

I don't think subtracting Clinton-Dix means giving up on this season, but I do think we're a worse team for it.

What we had in 2010 that we don't have this year is turnover differential. We gave up lots of yards but also produced 35 turnovers with a turnover differential of +10, which often kept us in games and set the offense up with good field position. This year we're on track for 21 turnovers with a 0 turnover differential. It was huge for us all year and especially the playoffs. If we're not getting many turnovers I don't see this team being good enough on offense or defense to win it all, and playoffs are a stretch in my mind. Haven't given up though.
go.pack.go.  
#48 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 10:46:56 AM(UTC)
Porforis said: Go to Quoted Post
What we had in 2010 that we don't have this year is turnover differential. We gave up lots of yards but also produced 35 turnovers with a turnover differential of +10, which often kept us in games and set the offense up with good field position. This year we're on track for 21 turnovers with a 0 turnover differential. It was huge for us all year and especially the playoffs. If we're not getting many turnovers I don't see this team being good enough on offense or defense to win it all, and playoffs are a stretch in my mind. Haven't given up though.

And the guy we just got rid of had 3 of our 5 INT’s. Granted, Jaire had 2 game winners in the first 2 weeks, neither of which counted due to “penalties”.
Rockmolder  
#49 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 11:37:35 AM(UTC)
Porforis said: Go to Quoted Post

Well, before the turn-around in 2010, at 3-3,, we were at a -2 turnover differential with 9 take-aways. After 7 games we had a -1 differential.

It's pretty much the same.
KRK  
#50 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 2:04:08 PM(UTC)
Porforis, You’re absolutely correct on the turnover differential. However, this team seems to have far more three and outs and 5 and outs, which is much better than having a takeaway after being driven 40 yards down the field.
I just wish we had a little bit more edge pressure.
Zero2Cool  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 5:35:16 AM(UTC)
One game with Redskins and he drops to 14 on PFF
KRK  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 2:28:00 PM(UTC)
Ironically, there still appear to be people carrying the torch for him. I don’t get it
beast  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 4:07:40 PM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post

I just wish we had a little bit more edge pressure.

Yes and I find it interesting how Pettine's teams seem to do better while their edge rushers numbers seem to normally go down with DT, ILB and DB numbers going up. Makes it harder to judge how the edge guys are doing...

But next year's biggest needs seem to be Edge, S, OGs and WRs.
Rockmolder  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:55:47 AM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
Ironically, there still appear to be people carrying the torch for him. I don’t get it

HaHa having a bad game on his first outing with the Redskins after having been with them for less than a week should make me believe he's a bad player?

Here's a bit from that same PFF site.

Quote:
....Clinton-Dix has a grade of 83.5 and is currently the fourth-highest graded safety in the NFL, just two spots behind fellow Redskin D.J. Swearinger. His 82.7 coverage grade also ranks fifth among the active safeties who have played at least 300 snaps this season. Like Swearinger, Clinton-Dix has been an extremely valuable safety due to his ability to force turnovers, as his four turnovers forced is tied for the second-most among players at the position.

The former Alabama safety can cover the field very well. His 0.23 yards per coverage snap ranks ninth among qualifying safeties, and he has allowed just 8.1 yards per reception, which ranks 16th. On 11 targets, Clinton-Dix has allowed just seven receptions for57 yards (20 came on one play, his longest allowed of the season) and he has allowed a passer rating of 76.7 on throws into his primary coverage. He has also been effective on his 13 pass-rushing attempts, generating a sack, a hit and a hurry....

....To say the Redskins made a tremendous upgrade to their defense would be an understatement. They go from the third lowest-graded safety to the fourth highest-graded, and this will significantly cut down on mistakes on the back end of their defense. Clinton Dix is a playmaking safety who doesn’t give up many big plays and is much sounder in both coverage and run-defense than Nicholson.

And I'm not even that bothered by us trading him. We woulnd't have resigned him and he would've walked away, netting is nothing in the process, after this season. Whether a fourth rounder is worth a drop in quality when you're still in the play-off race is very debatable, but it is, at least, an understandable move.

What I don't understand is all the hate that Clinton-Dix is constantly getting.
DarkaneRules  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:50:00 AM(UTC)
He's overrated but he doesn't suck. He can make big plays but he can take others off. I saw him half-ass enough plays where he's got no love for me. Give me more players like Mike Daniels, please.
Zero2Cool  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 6:22:57 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder said: Go to Quoted Post
What I don't understand is all the hate that Clinton-Dix is constantly getting.

Easiest way it can be explained is he isn't Nick Collins and for that, no one will give him a chance from the Packers fan base.
Rss Feed