DoddPower
5 years ago

Aaron cares very much. About his stats and his place in the all time record books.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yeah, this is a stupid argument. Rodgers knows that the best "stats" he could possibly accumulate are playoff and Super Bowl wins. Nothing matters more than that in many opinions. The guy wants to win, not just put up some decent passing numbers. Who cares about statistics when you don't make the playoffs?
nerdmann
5 years ago

Yeah, this is a stupid argument. Rodgers knows that the best "stats" he could possibly accumulate are playoff and Super Bowl wins. Nothing matters more than that in many opinions. The guy wants to win, not just put up some decent passing numbers. Who cares about statistics when you don't make the playoffs?

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Exactly. And he thinks he knows better than Mike. Just like Bert Favor thought he knew better than Ted.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
5 years ago

Everyone knows it. It was the first thing brought up on the postgame show this past week. It's been a topic of discussion on all the podcasts.

If everyone knows it... then why doesn't a number of people on here know it? Because your premise is wrong... and the fact that you keep avoiding providing proof that Mike McCarthy has openly (your word) asked/demanded or hell even wanted Rodgers to play more within the system is clearly lacking...

I would even argue that the system itself is what lacking as all the isolation routes help the team with more talent/depth which isn't the Packers who seem to be missing a true #2 WR...
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
Rodgers doesn’t like to throw interceptions. Why? Not because of “stat whoring”, but because he hates to lose and wants to NOT give the opponent the ball. Is that a bad thing?
Or that he wants to get as many yards as possible to score points for the team?
I can’t fault the guy for that.
He’s the main reason they won SB45, and have made the playoffs so many times.
They went 15-1 because of him. The defense is what let them down.
Rodgers watched Favre throw away games because of throwing interceptions. He learned what to do, and what NOT to do, from watching him.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

I don't see how the claim that Rodgers ignores people wide open 5-10 yards from the LOS because he wants to bomb it downfield, gets into trouble, and in seasons past would take sacks and this season throws the ball away stands up to the most basic scrutiny. These are actions that distinctly HURT his stats. If he was obsessed with his own stats he'd be throwing those 5-10 yard easy passes every single time because they're high completion percentage, he often has WRs gain an extra 5-10 yards after the catch, and they keep the chains moving which gives him MORE opportunities for yards and touchdowns.

So I really don't understand how that argument works either unless the claim is that the only stat Rodgers cares about is number of bombs downfield and he wants to be known as the all time great downfield bomber at the expense of all the other stats people actually care about.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Aaron's head is inflated to the point where he believes he can make every throw. He feels like he is better than "the system." That the system doesn't account for how AWESOME he is.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
go.pack.go.
5 years ago

Aaron's head is inflated to the point where he believes he can make every throw. He feels like he is better than "the system." That the system doesn't account for how AWESOME he is.

He doesn’t feel this way. But if he did, he would be correct.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
5 years ago
I was actually thinking about this the other day, It seems like history is repeating itself. Remember when Favre went diva after Holmgren left, he thought he could decide who the head coach would be and the players to sign. I was wondering if Rodgers was tanking to get Mike McCarthy fired or if he just lost it after breaking both collar bones. People keep wanting to claim he is the GOAT but I think he is in the area of Dan Fouts or Dan Marino who put up stats but didnt do much with his teams.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

I was actually thinking about this the other day, It seems like history is repeating itself. Remember when Favre went diva after Holmgren left, he thought he could decide who the head coach would be and the players to sign. I was wondering if Rodgers was tanking to get Mike McCarthy fired or if he just lost it after breaking both collar bones. People keep wanting to claim he is the GOAT but I think he is in the area of Dan Fouts or Dan Marino who put up stats but didnt do much with his teams.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

I don't think Aaron is tanking it.

I just think he desperately wants another ring to solidify his legacy. And he thinks he knows better than everyone how to get that.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago

If he's okay with outright insubordination, I agree with this. If he's okay with his quarterback running a different play than he called if he sees a matchup he can exploit, that's basic coaching for veteran quarterbacks. QBs do that constantly.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

When I read this I think of Bart Starr and the final play of the Ice Bowl. He called one play in the huddle and ran a QB keeper instead. It worked out so he's a hero. In the internet age he would have as many people slamming him for being a selfish egomaniac glory hound as those who applauded him including Lombardi.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

When I read this I think of Bart Starr and the final play of the Ice Bowl. He called one play in the huddle and ran a QB keeper instead. It worked out so he's a hero. In the internet age he would have as many people slamming him for being a selfish egomaniac glory hound as those who applauded him including Lambeau.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Starr wasn't a crazy person, because Lombardi kept him grounded. Starr was able to objectively evaluate the situation, because his head wasn't inflated with a $100 contract and all the accolades.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (52m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
55m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.