DoddPower
5 years ago

Aaron cares very much. About his stats and his place in the all time record books.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yeah, this is a stupid argument. Rodgers knows that the best "stats" he could possibly accumulate are playoff and Super Bowl wins. Nothing matters more than that in many opinions. The guy wants to win, not just put up some decent passing numbers. Who cares about statistics when you don't make the playoffs?
nerdmann
5 years ago

Yeah, this is a stupid argument. Rodgers knows that the best "stats" he could possibly accumulate are playoff and Super Bowl wins. Nothing matters more than that in many opinions. The guy wants to win, not just put up some decent passing numbers. Who cares about statistics when you don't make the playoffs?

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Exactly. And he thinks he knows better than Mike. Just like Bert Favor thought he knew better than Ted.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
5 years ago

Everyone knows it. It was the first thing brought up on the postgame show this past week. It's been a topic of discussion on all the podcasts.

If everyone knows it... then why doesn't a number of people on here know it? Because your premise is wrong... and the fact that you keep avoiding providing proof that Mike McCarthy has openly (your word) asked/demanded or hell even wanted Rodgers to play more within the system is clearly lacking...

I would even argue that the system itself is what lacking as all the isolation routes help the team with more talent/depth which isn't the Packers who seem to be missing a true #2 WR...
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
Rodgers doesn’t like to throw interceptions. Why? Not because of “stat whoring”, but because he hates to lose and wants to NOT give the opponent the ball. Is that a bad thing?
Or that he wants to get as many yards as possible to score points for the team?
I can’t fault the guy for that.
He’s the main reason they won SB45, and have made the playoffs so many times.
They went 15-1 because of him. The defense is what let them down.
Rodgers watched Favre throw away games because of throwing interceptions. He learned what to do, and what NOT to do, from watching him.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

I don't see how the claim that Rodgers ignores people wide open 5-10 yards from the LOS because he wants to bomb it downfield, gets into trouble, and in seasons past would take sacks and this season throws the ball away stands up to the most basic scrutiny. These are actions that distinctly HURT his stats. If he was obsessed with his own stats he'd be throwing those 5-10 yard easy passes every single time because they're high completion percentage, he often has WRs gain an extra 5-10 yards after the catch, and they keep the chains moving which gives him MORE opportunities for yards and touchdowns.

So I really don't understand how that argument works either unless the claim is that the only stat Rodgers cares about is number of bombs downfield and he wants to be known as the all time great downfield bomber at the expense of all the other stats people actually care about.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Aaron's head is inflated to the point where he believes he can make every throw. He feels like he is better than "the system." That the system doesn't account for how AWESOME he is.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
go.pack.go.
5 years ago

Aaron's head is inflated to the point where he believes he can make every throw. He feels like he is better than "the system." That the system doesn't account for how AWESOME he is.

He doesn’t feel this way. But if he did, he would be correct.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
5 years ago
I was actually thinking about this the other day, It seems like history is repeating itself. Remember when Favre went diva after Holmgren left, he thought he could decide who the head coach would be and the players to sign. I was wondering if Rodgers was tanking to get Mike McCarthy fired or if he just lost it after breaking both collar bones. People keep wanting to claim he is the GOAT but I think he is in the area of Dan Fouts or Dan Marino who put up stats but didnt do much with his teams.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

I was actually thinking about this the other day, It seems like history is repeating itself. Remember when Favre went diva after Holmgren left, he thought he could decide who the head coach would be and the players to sign. I was wondering if Rodgers was tanking to get Mike McCarthy fired or if he just lost it after breaking both collar bones. People keep wanting to claim he is the GOAT but I think he is in the area of Dan Fouts or Dan Marino who put up stats but didnt do much with his teams.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

I don't think Aaron is tanking it.

I just think he desperately wants another ring to solidify his legacy. And he thinks he knows better than everyone how to get that.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago

If he's okay with outright insubordination, I agree with this. If he's okay with his quarterback running a different play than he called if he sees a matchup he can exploit, that's basic coaching for veteran quarterbacks. QBs do that constantly.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

When I read this I think of Bart Starr and the final play of the Ice Bowl. He called one play in the huddle and ran a QB keeper instead. It worked out so he's a hero. In the internet age he would have as many people slamming him for being a selfish egomaniac glory hound as those who applauded him including Lombardi.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

When I read this I think of Bart Starr and the final play of the Ice Bowl. He called one play in the huddle and ran a QB keeper instead. It worked out so he's a hero. In the internet age he would have as many people slamming him for being a selfish egomaniac glory hound as those who applauded him including Lambeau.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Starr wasn't a crazy person, because Lombardi kept him grounded. Starr was able to objectively evaluate the situation, because his head wasn't inflated with a $100 contract and all the accolades.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (14h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (15h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (15h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (16h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.