nerdmann
5 years ago

How he defying them? When has the HC ever held his own offense up to the standards?

The HC seems to be too busy bitching about the defense to notice he offense is a bigger pile of shit which is why he has failed to realize some adjustments are clearly needed...

Originally Posted by: beast 

I've been criticizing Mike longer than anyone. But the fact is, Aaron is not Mike's boss.

WHEN, not if, the new HC comes in next year, do you want that HC or OC to have to answer to Aaron? That sends a message to the rest of the team that insubordination is OK.

Aaron needs to play within the system, get the ball out. Hit the open guy. That's his job. Move the chains, dude.

Maybe our Oline would be a little healthier if they weren't having to run around in all that chaos for as n extra 5 seconds per play.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Porforis
5 years ago

Thanks.

Check this out. We are 3-4-1 WITH AARON RODGERS. Know what I'm saying? Aaron is on pace to go 6-8-2. Is THAT what you want to risk?

FACT. This team has been preaching ACCOUNTABILITY. How does it make them look if they are not holding their star QB accountable? He is openly defying the HC and OC, and dragging this team down into the shitter in the process.

Hell, even if he was lighting it up, I would sit him down just out of general principle. There is a chain of command. Aaron Rodgers is NOT the GM. Aaron Rodgers is NOT the OC. He is also NOT the HC. Dude needs to accept his place. It also would not hurt him to shut his pie hole and focus on his own level of play.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

In that case we should bench literally everyone.

For whatever reason you have this idea in your head that everyone thinks that Aaron Rodgers is perfect and any offensive issues are 0% his fault. This is completely untrue and I would challenge you to point out a single person that doesn't criticize AR.

People saying that Mike McCarthy needs to go because of offensive issues aren't saying that Aaron Rodgers holds none of the blame

People getting pissed at Montgomery aren't saying that Rodgers holds no blame for the loss as if he was playing at a high level we would have been up enough that it wouldn't have been an issue.

You have this idea in your head and literally any positive comment about Rodgers is interpreted as hero worship and any negative comment about McCarthy, WRs, TEs, RBs, or the line is seen as trying to blame anyone but Rodgers.

I'm not saying that benching Rodgers is ludicrous. I'm saying that this idea that fans, especially on this site where we generally avoid being hysterical and complete and utter homers, blindly treat Rodgers like some sort of god is somewhere between completely incorrect and utterly offensive.
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago

I'm saying that this idea that fans, especially on this site where we generally avoid being hysterical and complete and utter homers, blindly treat Rodgers like some sort of god is somewhere between completely incorrect and utterly offensive.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

This statement practically gave me a boner. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

That being said, this site used to be oppressively homerish. Even the slightest criticism of the team was met with howls of protest. That was a big reason why I left for awhile. Things are a lot better now, partly because the most egregious homers have moved on, partly because Aaron Rodgers has never been been the object of blind worship that Brett Favre was.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

This statement practically gave me a boner. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

That being said, this site used to be oppressively homerish. Even the slightest criticism of the team was met with howls of protest. That was a big reason why I left for awhile. Things are a lot better now, partly because the most egregious homers have moved on, partly because Aaron Rodgers has never been been the object of blind worship that Brett Favre was.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Must be referring to a time before I was here.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
5 years ago
The whole team is not good atm including rodgers. I dont think benching him will change that and im 100% sure kizer wont make this team better as well.
yooperfan
5 years ago
The only good thing that could come from benching Rodgers in favor of Kizer would be that we would improve our draft position.
If that was done the Green Bay Packers would be the laughing stock of the NFL.
Don't bench Rodgers, fire McCarthy now and see what can happen in the bottom end of the season.
As it stands,Rodgers,McCarthy and our offense is a hot mess right now.
As it stands Rodgers is on track to have his lowest competition percentage rating since 2008.
I think it's time to fire the play caller now and see how the balance of the season shakes out.
As things stand the Green Bay Packers aren't going anywhere anyway.
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago

im 100% sure kizer wont make this team better as well.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

Who said it would? I specifically said it would help the Packers get a feel for what they have in Kizer, not that it would make the product on the field better. I don't think anyone on the face of this planet thinks Kizer would make this team better. But improving the offense's production in the short term by keeping Rodgers in harm's way this year represents a pyrrhic victory if it means he is still hobbled going into next year.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
5 years ago
I think Nerd's point wasn't so much that Kizer should start because he'll play better, but because Nerd's of the opinion that Aaron is willfully not executing the offense because of his ego and therefore he needs to be sat down and brought back into line. Thus starting Kizer in his place. And by Aaron learning to execute the offense, it will help the team in the long run.

I don't agree with this assessment of Rodgers - I mean yes, he has an ego and on occasion it gets him into trouble but I don't think it's remotely close to this severe. But if this were the case, I would agree that his ass should ride the bench.
Yerko
5 years ago
They should let him sit and rest. He probably has severe back issues with how many times he has to carry this team and the awful HC....

Jokes aside, yes...Rodgers has been somewhat underwhelming this season. Missing throws he used to make with his eyes closed, throwing the ball away constantly and throwing the ball at the ground. I just don't understand the concept of sitting your best player though. He has held himself accountable after this last game and called out his own mistakes, basically putting the entire loss to New England on his own play. I am confused as to where we get this idea that he is sitting here pointing fingers at everyone but himself. Is there evidence of this?

The entire offensive unit is under-performing. This includes the head of it all, Mike McCarthy. His playbook is dry and predictable. Remember when he brought Philbin back and said they were cleaning up the playbook? I remember. Yet, they run the same bs that they did last year. It is legit the same exact playbook...
The team refuses to use the weapons they have properly. It doesn't help that our offensive line play, particularly the guards, have been playing absolutely awful football. Listen to BB mic'd up on the sidelines! They were targeting the guards the entire game.

Does Rodgers deserve blame? Absolutely. But you're not going to convince me to bench our best player when the division is still up in the air.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

I've been criticizing Mike longer than anyone. But the fact is, Aaron is not Mike's boss.

WHEN, not if, the new HC comes in next year, do you want that HC or OC to have to answer to Aaron? That sends a message to the rest of the team that insubordination is OK.

Aaron needs to play within the system, get the ball out. Hit the open guy. That's his job. Move the chains, dude.

Maybe our Oline would be a little healthier if they weren't having to run around in all that chaos for as n extra 5 seconds per play.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

All that is great... but you completely and totally avoided my questions....

You claim Rodgers is openly defying the coaches....

I asked for your proof... and all you got is that he doesn't play within the system... which is absolutely nothing as far as proof of openly defying....

Do we even have the basic open proof of Mike McCarthy asking Rodgers to do what you want? I don't think we do...

So this is Rodgers openly defying YOU... not the coaches... UNLESS... are you one of the Packers coaches?

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.