Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KRK  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 2:40:34 PM(UTC)
Packers place Geronimo Allison on IR, cut Jermaine Whitehead

Love the accountability…Love it
packerfanoutwest  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 2:48:43 PM(UTC)
Another scapegoat
Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 2:50:12 PM(UTC)
Wow. Kind of feels like heads are rolling. Unless you're a stud player.
beast  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 3:58:13 PM(UTC)
I love accountability, but unless there is more than we know (and there probably is), this is NOT accountability...

But as far as we know, he was illegally getting bullied after the play and stood up for himself (GREAT!) then took it one step too far and by everyone's account (including the independent announcers and rules official) the refs we're being too sensitive and kicked him out over one extra head slap while defending himself.

Again, there has to be more to this... or this is completely bullshit! So I'm assuming there are.muliple things we don't know about...

Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Wow. Kind of feels like heads are rolling. Unless you're a stud player.
Or unless your one of the new GMs guys, maybe? ... will be interesting to see what happens when CB Tony Brown get another bonehead penalty! His track record suggest there will be more of them.... will he be kept or tossed...
KRK  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 4:05:53 PM(UTC)
I guess we should start holding candle light vigil for the great Jermaine Whitehead.

He really made such a big difference in their defense, I don’t know what the hell we will do without him
beast  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:36:05 PM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
I guess we should start holding candle light vigil for the great Jermaine Whitehead.

He really made such a big difference in their defense, I don’t know what the hell we will do without him
Who said he was great? If no-one then why are you being a jackass about this?

Like I said, there must be more to the story than we know, otherwise Whitehead didn't deserve to be fired....

If the offense continues to struggle and Mike McCarthy continues to refuse to make adjustments then he deserved to be fired! That would be accountability!
Nonstopdrivel  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:37:46 PM(UTC)
Oh, shit, I didn't notice this thread until just now. Sorry for creating a duplicate one. Mods can feel free to merge or delete mine as they see fit.
KRK  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:16:23 PM(UTC)
NSD, “He that is without sin, let him cast the first stone.” You are forgiven
Nonstopdrivel  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:42:15 PM(UTC)
Thank you, my lord.
go.pack.go.  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:08:59 PM(UTC)
Doesn’t make much sense to cut him unless there is more to the story, which I don’t see being the case really. Thought I had heard some good things about him?
Rockmolder  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:42:26 AM(UTC)
beast said: Go to Quoted Post
Who said he was great? If no-one then why are you being a jackass about this?

Like I said, there must be more to the story than we know, otherwise Whitehead didn't deserve to be fired....

I'd like to think so, as well. Accountability isn't firing everyone who makes a mistake on the field. If anything, that leads to an extremely toxic environment to work in. Authoritarian leadership generally doesn't work very well, let alone when you're trying to coach up and motivate a bunch of young millionaires.

Dulak  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:50:20 AM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post

and just think he was our replacement for haha dix. Sounds like we are doing good at the safety position along with brice.

We should be doing what the saints are doing. They are winning games and blasting teams and are looking to add some top WRs mid season.

go.pack.go.  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:05:12 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder said: Go to Quoted Post
I'd like to think so, as well. Accountability isn't firing everyone who makes a mistake on the field. If anything, that leads to an extremely toxic environment to work in. Authoritarian leadership generally doesn't work very well, let alone when you're trying to coach up and motivate a bunch of young millionaires.

I agree. And if this really is the only reason he was fired, I guess we should fire Davante as well because he threw a punch that wasn’t noticed by the refs.

Who knows, maybe he was being a douchebag in the locker room after the game or something. I’d like to hear comments on this from BG or MM.
DarkaneRules  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:30:41 AM(UTC)
It's never just one thing.

That being said, in a fantasy world and since we're on the subject, I'd like to see Clay moved for getting bullied by a RB and not being able to get off a block of a tight end. Man, how the mighty have fallen.
PackerTraxx  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 1:12:34 PM(UTC)
This is an area where the NFL is blind, ignorant or doesn't care...they have instant replay, why not use it to see who started it, as the second man is usually the one caught/called for the infraction.
DoddPower  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 2:53:27 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go. said: Go to Quoted Post
I agree. And if this really is the only reason he was fired, I guess we should fire Davante as well because he threw a punch that wasn’t noticed by the refs.

Who knows, maybe he was being a douchebag in the locker room after the game or something. I’d like to hear comments on this from BG or MM.

Comparing Whitehead to Adams is silly. Talent and major contracts creates patience within an organization. Whitehead was neither talented or well paid. Any team could find a dozen Whiteheads on the street throughout the season. No reason to be patient with a player like that.
beast  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 6:51:36 PM(UTC)
DoddPower said: Go to Quoted Post
Comparing Whitehead to Adams is silly. Talent and major contracts creates patience within an organization. Whitehead was neither talented or well paid. Any team could find a dozen Whiteheads on the street throughout the season. No reason to be patient with a player like that.

I think comparing the actions is similar, but I agree you won't see the same reaction because of what you mentioned... though CB Tony Brown has already had what 2 or 3 stupid hot heated penalties ... if he has another it will be interesting to see if they cut or keep him.

Also based on MM's comments, Gute get rid of guys for multiple reasons... I wonder if one of the reasons to let go of Whitehead is because he's taking playing time from Josh Jones and Oren Burks, but of whom have more raw potential but need to be developed more... and Gute wants them to be prepared to play more next year. Also Josh Jones reportedly played fairly well at SS after Brice's injury.
Barfarn  
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:17:54 AM(UTC)
beast said: Go to Quoted Post
I love accountability, but unless there is more than we know (and there probably is), this is NOT accountability...

Again, there has to be more to this... or this is completely bullshit! So I'm assuming there are.muliple things we don't know about...

Beast is 100% right.

Whitehead being cut was for other things or Gutekunst is wholly UNFIT to be a GM.

"Accountability" ONLY works if ALL are held accountable. Vets can be given a little leeway; but what's worse: Rodgers intentionally, EG, skipping a wide open MVS in the progression on 1st and G at 9 in GB's first drive @ NE or Whitehead reacting with too much emotion slapping a guy after being pushed?

Remember the words of Julius Campbell, "attitude reflects leadership."
beast  
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 10:34:43 AM(UTC)
Barfarn said: Go to Quoted Post
Whitehead being cut was for other things or Gutekunst is wholly UNFIT to be a GM.

Remember the words of Julius Campbell, "attitude reflects leadership."

Great quote!

I think based on Mike McCarthy comments, Whitehead was recented for muliple reasons...

I've come on the believe that getting the young/high draft picks of Josh Jones / Oren Burks and trying to develop them to their higher potential, might be among one of the reasons.

With Gutekunst wanting/hoping they might be fully developed by the start of next year and they need some more playing time for that to happen.
Rss Feed