go.pack.go.
5 years ago
This game has sincerely made me ready to move on from McCarthy. On that 3rd & 3, why in the HELL would you run a fake end around and send ALL of your receivers deep?

Our defense played damn good throughout the game. I couldn’t ask them to do any more, especially with how beat up they were. Offense turned stagnant like always.

Also, when we were in the red zone late on 3rd down, Rodgers had Jones WIDE OPEN and he probably could’ve scored a TD, but definitely a first down. Instead, got sacked and had to kick the FG. I understand he had pressure in his face & he had a running lane, but I feel like that ball should’ve been dumped out immediately.

I say tank the rest of the season and get a high pick. I’m also pissed off right now so I probably don’t really mean that.

Oh, and why did Jones only get 11 carries? 12 total run plays called. What a fucking joke.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago
There were at least three plays tonight on which Rodgers looked Jones dead in the eyes, and then looked away . . . only to get sacked or throw an incompletion. I don't get it. For that matter, I don't get why you'd only put the ball in the hands of Jones 11 times all game. He and Adams have been carrying this offense. Why wouldn't you ride the hot hand?

Speaking of which . . .

UserPostedImage
GPG241001
5 years ago

There were at least three plays tonight on which Rodgers looked Jones dead in the eyes, and then looked away . . . only to get sacked or throw an incompletion. I don't get it. For that matter, I don't get why you'd only put the hands of Jones 11 times all game. He and Adams have been carrying this offense. Why wouldn't you ride the hot hand?

Speaking of which . . .

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

This offense is a joke and Rodgers is not helping. He's looking 40 yards downfield every snap like we have Finley Jennings and Nelson all in their primes on the field. Half our O seems to be play action shot plays when we don't even take time to establish the run. Sitting 12 is never gonna happen. Something has to change and whether McCarthy can help it or not, hes gotta go.
nerdmann
5 years ago

This offense is a joke and Rodgers is not helping. He's looking 40 yards downfield every snap like we have Finley Jennings and Nelson all in their primes on the field. Half our O seems to be play action shot plays when we don't even take time to establish the run. Sitting 12 is never gonna happen. Something has to change and whether McCarthy can help it or not, hes gotta go.

Originally Posted by: GPG241001 

Why's he dropping back 15 yards like that?

Take a 3 step drop, and GET THE BALL OUT.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago
Not to mention, do you seriously expect me to believe that the supposedly most talented quarterback in the history of the game can't run a hurry-up offense? Have they run a true up-tempo offense for even a single series this season? I can't think of one. There was one point this game where Rodgers had the offense at the line with 30 seconds on the clock, and it looked like we were finally going to see something different -- only for him to signal for a substitution and run the clock all the way down, utterly deflating any momentum they could have gained. It is beyond maddening . . . it's befuddling.
UserPostedImage
GPG241001
5 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

That fake reverse whatever crap we ran on that 3rd and 3 out of TO made me wanna punch the TV. Like what the hell is going on here?
go.pack.go.
5 years ago

That fake reverse whatever crap we ran on that 3rd and 3 out of TO made me wanna punch the TV. Like what the hell is going on here?

Originally Posted by: GPG241001 

I agree, that’s what stands out to me in this game as a big reason we let it slip away. Why in the fuck would McCarthy call a slow developing play with all of your receivers running deep on 3rd & 3 at a critical point in the game? Awful.
UserPostedImage
GPG241001
5 years ago

I agree, that’s what stands out to me in this game as a big reason we let it slip away. Why in the fuck would McCarthy call a slow developing play with all of your receivers running deep on 3rd & 3 at a critical point in the game? Awful.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

I mean in fairness if there was a wide open crosser for 5 yards, Rodgers wouldn't throw it anyway.
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago
This Twitter thread is pretty funny. Good old Tom Crabtree even gets in on the action, all but calling Mike McCarthy a total moron for his inexplicable in-game decisions.

UserPostedImage
hardrocker950
5 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Especially in short yardage situations...

Yet another game where the run disappears - especially when it is needed the most. When I am seeing a 3 point game with about 5 minutes left, my mind goes straight to quick passes and running the damn ball.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (2h) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (9h) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.