wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago

These comparisons are somewhat irrelevant.
1. Brees and Brady both play in offenses that are less iterative them the Packers, so it’s easier for them to make reads.
2. If you give Rodgers is the same offensive line and protection that the other guys have, you would see dramatically different results
3. If you put either of those quarterbacks on the Packers, they would be in body bags by the fourth game of the year.
Not withstanding any of the foregoing, 12 needs to play better and make better choices.
Now, to those of us who would like to see more up-tempo, the reason it doesn’t happen is because of the Packer offense is more iterative. Rodgers and the younger wideouts are not on the same page even from the huddle. Accordingly they’re less likely to be on the same page and a two minute/up-tempo offense.
Other teams can play first and second-year players rather seamlessly, and we can’t seem to do that, which is extremely frustrating.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

So in other words the head coach doesn't have the ability to adapt the scheme to the personnel he has. He would rather use an inferior play and point out the mistakes the player makes instead of using a play that will allow the receiver to succeed. Sounds like the HC is the problem.

The real kicker is that this is not something new. Uncle Teddy was turning over personnel like a windmill. Mike has had more 1st and 2nd year players than anyone else.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

i do watch both qbs play quite often. I just said they both read defenses better then Rodgers. Doesnt make them better passers at all. Both those qbs have a far superior offensive scheme as well as coaches. Those factor into how a player plays tremendously.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

I see Brees and Brady taking what the defense gives them to move the chains. I haven't seen that from Rodgers this season. Also, in the few games I've watched Brady and Brees, they seem far more accurate with their passes. They don't seem to short throw their guys.

Maybe it's just all of our WR don't know what their doing?

Maybe that collarbone injury to his throwing arm is the problem? Could be the leg injury too. I dunno. Something is just way off this season.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
5 years ago

I see Brees and Brady taking what the defense gives them to move the chains. I haven't seen that from Rodgers this season. Also, in the few games I've watched Brady and Brees, they seem far more accurate with their passes. They don't seem to short throw their guys.

Maybe it's just all of our WR don't know what their doing?

Maybe that collarbone injury to his throwing arm is the problem? Could be the leg injury too. I dunno. Something is just way off this season.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Oh definitely an off season for rodgers. My speculation is either hes off due to the surgery or hes legit trying to get Mike McCarthy fired
StoicFire
5 years ago

What I found funny is that the leader of our offense doesn't even know who is on the field with him. Maybe it happens more than you would think with all the substitutions and all but i can't help but wonder if he throws that ball if he knows its Tonyan instead of Graham?

Originally Posted by: sschind 

He knew who was on the field... he virtually always does. In the press conference he mentioned that he and "Robbie" Tonyan talked about taking that shot throughout the week. He also stated that what made it happen was that Tonyan came back into his field of view by angling his run to the right (had he continued straight deep Aaron wouldn't have been able to see him).

I'm sure this is going to come across as blind Rodgers worship, which is not what I'm intending, but I don't think most fans are giving the guy the credit he deserves. Yes, he appears to be having an off year. I feel spoiled by what he's done in the past, so it hurts extra now that he's playing like a human. But I feel like I've heard a lot of criticisms here that are really unfair. I don't feel like he's lied to us in a press conference or interview yet (I know I could be wrong, but it's what I think).

Week after week a lot of people say he isn't being accountable, but he puts blame on himself every week. He blames other factors too of course; like the short week for making preparation tough, or the receivers for not getting open on 3rd down or in scramble situations (from what I saw, I believe he's right on both counts). But he routinely takes blame for missing throws that he is accustomed to making. On the 3rd down play that essentially cost us the game he said the ball stuck in his hand too long. He said if he threw that pass 100 more times it probably wouldn't happen a single other time. As someone how tries to play sports at an amateur level that reflective quote meant a lot to me. He was devastated by his miscue, and he is stunned that it happened at all. Sometimes the one in a thousand error comes at the most inopportune time. So many things about that game really sucked.
"the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers
nyrpack
5 years ago
I guess all the Rodgers bashers know the game better then Aaron does, very amusing, but when he wins games with his surrounding cast then he’s amazing !!

Very amusing folks on here !!
jimmy b.
sschind
5 years ago

He knew who was on the field... he virtually always does. In the press conference he mentioned that he and "Robbie" Tonyan talked about taking that shot throughout the week. He also stated that what made it happen was that Tonyan came back into his field of view by angling his run to the right (had he continued straight deep Aaron wouldn't have been able to see him).

I'm sure this is going to come across as blind Rodgers worship, which is not what I'm intending, but I don't think most fans are giving the guy the credit he deserves. Yes, he appears to be having an off year. I feel spoiled by what he's done in the past, so it hurts extra now that he's playing like a human. But I feel like I've heard a lot of criticisms here that are really unfair. I don't feel like he's lied to us in a press conference or interview yet (I know I could be wrong, but it's what I think).

Week after week a lot of people say he isn't being accountable, but he puts blame on himself every week. He blames other factors too of course; like the short week for making preparation tough, or the receivers for not getting open on 3rd down or in scramble situations (from what I saw, I believe he's right on both counts). But he routinely takes blame for missing throws that he is accustomed to making. On the 3rd down play that essentially cost us the game he said the ball stuck in his hand too long. He said if he threw that pass 100 more times it probably wouldn't happen a single other time. As someone how tries to play sports at an amateur level that reflective quote meant a lot to me. He was devastated by his miscue, and he is stunned that it happened at all. Sometimes the one in a thousand error comes at the most inopportune time. So many things about that game really sucked.

Originally Posted by: StoicFire 

One article I read he had said at some point during the play he thought it was Graham but then thought to himself "that's Bobby" It is possible the writer misinterpreted what Rodgers said but no matter what they talked about all week this lead me to believe he thought it was Graham and then realized it was Tonyan.

QBs have no choice but to take the blame for missing throws because its out there for the world to see. You skip a pass into the dirt or sail one 5 feet over a wide open WR's head its kind of difficult to blame the WR.

The thing is it's not that pass that concerns me at all. I know he didn't do it on purpose and every single QB has skipped a pass into the dirt on a wide open WR in his career and if he hasn't he probably hasn't had that long of a career. Great QBs miss throws. Great WRs drop passes. Great RBs fumble. Great defensive backs get burned. It happens. What bothers me is his apparent determination to pass up the short guy who is wide open for the opportunity to launch one downfield and go for broke.

Don't explain to me why you missed on fluke throw. Explain to me why you don't throw the ball to a wide open Aaron Jones and take a sack instead. Even if its a simple "I didn't see him" that would be better than pretending it didn't happen.

Here is a Rodgers Quote regarding thinking it was Graham and a link to the article

"That was niiicccee," Rodgers admitted afterward, shortly before heading to the team bus. "I let it go and I stared at it and said, 'Oooooo yeah ...' To be honest, I thought it was Jimmy. I let it go and looked at it and then I said, 'Whoa! That's Bobby.' "

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000988682/article/packers-latest-collapse-to-seahawks-might-mark-end-of-an-era 
sschind
5 years ago

These comparisons are somewhat irrelevant.
1. Brees and Brady both play in offenses that are less iterative them the Packers, so it’s easier for them to make reads.
2. If you give Rodgers is the same offensive line and protection that the other guys have, you would see dramatically different results
3. If you put either of those quarterbacks on the Packers, they would be in body bags by the fourth game of the year.
Not withstanding any of the foregoing, 12 needs to play better and make better choices.
Now, to those of us who would like to see more up-tempo, the reason it doesn’t happen is because of the Packer offense is more iterative. Rodgers and the younger wideouts are not on the same page even from the huddle. Accordingly they’re less likely to be on the same page and a two minute/up-tempo offense.
Other teams can play first and second-year players rather seamlessly, and we can’t seem to do that, which is extremely frustrating.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Hey everybody, KRK got a word of the day calendar 😁

Cheesey
5 years ago
I have NO CLUE what “iterative” means!
Too many SY-lob-BILLLLS for me!😂
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
5 years ago
I think many are overthinking it. Rodgers likely isn't doing anything malicious, he's just not playing that great. That's an important difference. I'm very confident Rodgers wants to win, and would prefer a win every day of the week over a loss with a couple big plays but still not huge stats. When he misses guys, I doubt it's on purpose, he's just playing like an above average quarterback and not an elite QB. Welcome to what most of the NFL is used to. Packers fans just aren't accustomed, so we have a hard time grasping.
go.pack.go.
5 years ago
One thing I think a lot of people are failing to realize is that Rodgers only has 1 INT this year. He’s on his longest streak of his career with no INT’s.

But wait, he’s playing like shit.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (10h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (11h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (11h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (12h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.