gbguy20
5 years ago

3rd & 3 at SEA 29
(11:00 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to A.Jones.
3rd & 2 at GB 43
(3:59 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers scrambles left end pushed ob at GB 46 for 3 yards (B.Wagner).
3rd & 5 at GB 31
(0:46 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep middle to E.St. Brown.
3rd & 4 at GB 27
(5:24 - 2nd) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers sacked at GB 23 for -4 yards (F.Clark).
rd & 4 at GB 31
3rd & 4 at GB 31
(13:58 - 3rd) A.Rodgers pass short left to D.Adams to GB 49 for 18 yards (T.Flowers). Penalty on SEA, Defensive Too Many Men on Field, declined.
3rd & 3 at SEA 43
(4:31 - 3rd) A.Rodgers sacked at SEA 49 for -6 yards (sack split by A.Calitro and J.Reed).
3rd & 5 at SEA 12
(9:03 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers sacked at SEA 18 for -6 yards (R.Green).
3rd & 2 at GB 33
(4:23 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to M.Valdes-Scantling.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Unfortunately, I was hoping I was wrong. Thanks for putting in the leg work and confirming it. Unbelievable.
sschind
5 years ago

3rd & 3 at SEA 29
(11:00 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to A.Jones.
3rd & 2 at GB 43
(3:59 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers scrambles left end pushed ob at GB 46 for 3 yards (B.Wagner).
3rd & 5 at GB 31
(0:46 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep middle to E.St. Brown.
3rd & 4 at GB 27
(5:24 - 2nd) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers sacked at GB 23 for -4 yards (F.Clark).
rd & 4 at GB 31
3rd & 4 at GB 31
(13:58 - 3rd) A.Rodgers pass short left to D.Adams to GB 49 for 18 yards (T.Flowers). Penalty on SEA, Defensive Too Many Men on Field, declined.
3rd & 3 at SEA 43
(4:31 - 3rd) A.Rodgers sacked at SEA 49 for -6 yards (sack split by A.Calitro and J.Reed).
3rd & 5 at SEA 12
(9:03 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers sacked at SEA 18 for -6 yards (R.Green).
3rd & 2 at GB 33
(4:23 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to M.Valdes-Scantling.

First off let me say that I agree it is ridiculous that AJ only got 11 carries. He needs the ball in his hands more often especially in a close game. If we are down by 3 scores I can understand but we were leading in this game several times.

Second, what are these stats supposed to show? If it is anything other than we didn't run the ball on 3rd and short they may not tell the whole story. All they tell us is that we didn't run the ball on third and short. They don't tell us anything about the play that was called.

I Mike McCarthy calls a run Aaron Rodgers can change it to a pass. If Mike McCarthy calls a pass Aaron Rodgers can change it to a run. So unless someone tells us that Aaron Rodgers ran the plays that were called you can't necessarily blame them on MM.
Aaron Rodgers has said we need to get AJ more involved. If he was serious he could have changed some of these calls (assuming they were all called passes) to runs.

How many of those plays (assuming they were called passes) did Aaron Rodgers pass up an open man apparently looking for a deep shot? I don't care if we don't run the ball at all if the passes work. All that matters to me is that we move the ball and score. If Rodgers throws the ball to a wide open Jones on that 3rd and 5 at the Seattle 12 instead of passing him up and taking the sack we probably score a TD on that drive rather than a FG. That brings up another point of getting Jones involved one way or the other. If you don't hand the ball to him at least throw it to him but that is off on a tangent.

I'm not saying any of this in defense of Mike McCarthy and if he in fact called all these pass plays then yes, he is an idiot. On the other hand until someone can show me that he called all these pass plays I'll reserve judgement.

I'm not blindly supporting MM. If he is fired I will not have any issues with it. I do believe his game has gone stale and we could stand an infusion of enthusiasm and innovation. However, I don't like it when people try to condemn someone when they don't know all the facts.
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago

First off let me say that I agree it is ridiculous that AJ only got 11 carries.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Some interesting statistics:

Aaron Jones leads the league in rushing average at 6.4 yards per rush, narrowly edging out Nick Chubb at 6.2 yards per rush. Despite his productivity, he is only averaging 66.8 yards per game because he only has 84 touches on the season.

As a team, the Packers are tied for second in the league at 5.1 yards per rushing attempt, but they rank just 24th in the league for rushing attempts with 214 and are thus tied for 12th in rushing yardage at 1088 yards. They are tied with seven other teams for 13th in rushing touchdowns at 7. They rank 11th in rushing attempts per rushing touchdown at 30.6.

The Saints are averaging a rushing touchdown every 16.2 attempts, which is nothing short of phenomenal.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago

First off let me say that I agree it is ridiculous that AJ only got 11 carries. He needs the ball in his hands more often especially in a close game. If we are down by 3 scores I can understand but we were leading in this game several times.

Second, what are these stats supposed to show? If it is anything other than we didn't run the ball on 3rd and short they may not tell the whole story. All they tell us is that we didn't run the ball on third and short. They don't tell us anything about the play that was called.

I Mike McCarthy calls a run Aaron Rodgers can change it to a pass. If Mike McCarthy calls a pass Aaron Rodgers can change it to a run. So unless someone tells us that Aaron Rodgers ran the plays that were called you can't necessarily blame them on MM.

Aaron Rodgers has said we need to get AJ more involved. If he was serious he could have changed some of these calls (assuming they were all called passes) to runs.

How many of those plays (assuming they were called passes) did Aaron Rodgers pass up an open man apparently looking for a deep shot? I don't care if we don't run the ball at all if the passes work. All that matters to me is that we move the ball and score. If Rodgers throws the ball to a wide open Jones on that 3rd and 5 at the Seattle 12 instead of passing him up and taking the sack we probably score a TD on that drive rather than a FG. That brings up another point of getting Jones involved one way or the other. If you don't hand the ball to him at least throw it to him but that is off on a tangent.

I'm not saying any of this in defense of Mike McCarthy and if he in fact called all these pass plays then yes, he is an idiot. On the other hand until someone can show me that he called all these pass plays I'll reserve judgement.

I'm not blindly supporting MM. If he is fired I will not have any issues with it. I do believe his game has gone stale and we could stand an infusion of enthusiasm and innovation. However, I don't like it when people try to condemn someone when they don't know all the facts.

The stats are not intended to show anything. gbguy asked a question. How many short yard situations did GB run? I put the down the results for all short and medium 3rd downs. I didn't even add my own commentary. I am leaving it up to every to draw their own conclusion. It seems only right as we don't know anything about the play called or what Aaron Rodgers read when he came to the line.

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago
It just occurred to me that if he hasn't been kept on a pitch count all season, Aaron Jones probably would have been a shoo-in to win the 2018 rushing title.

Or he would have gone down with a season-ending injury. One of the two.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
Too bad his head coach forgets about him all the time
sschind
5 years ago

The stats are not intended to show anything. gbguy asked a question. How many short yard situations did GB run? I put the down the results for all short and medium 3rd downs. I didn't even add my own commentary. I am leaving it up to every to draw their own conclusion. It seems only right as we don't know anything about the play called or what Aaron Rodgers read when he came to the line.

Fair enough and I did notice you didn't add personal commentary. I appreciate the stats and the effort. I wonder what gbguy20 meant by his "unbelievable" comment however.

I have a sneaking suspicion however that many fans will use this as "proof" that Mike McCarthy does not run the ball and that is what prompted my cautionary post.

gbguy20
5 years ago

Fair enough and I did notice you didn't add personal commentary. I appreciate the stats and the effort. I wonder what gbguy20 meant by his "unbelievable" comment however.

I have a sneaking suspicion however that many fans will use this as "proof" that Mike McCarthy does not run the ball and that is what prompted my cautionary post.

I assumed my prior post was clear, ill try again. I find it unbelievable that a team with a running back averaging over 6 yards per carry did not run the ball on 3rd and short even once all game. Doesn't matter who decided which play to run, I can't understand it. We should have been running it down their throats all night. Instead we gave up sack after sack and 3rd and didn't run it any other down either.
sschind
5 years ago

I assumed my prior post was clear, ill try again. I find it unbelievable that a team with a running back averaging over 6 yards per carry did not run the ball on 3rd and short even once all game. Doesn't matter who decided which play to run, I can't understand it. We should have been running it down their throats all night. Instead we gave up sack after sack and 3rd and didn't run it any other down either.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I agree that they should have run more. I have always thought they needed to run more. However, it does matter who decided which play to run if you are trying to blame a particular person. For the record Jones averaged 3.6 yards per carry against the Seahawks not 6. The Seahawks are not the Dolphins.

gbguy20
5 years ago

I agree that they should have run more. I have always thought they needed to run more. However, it does matter who decided which play to run if you are trying to blame a particular person. For the record Jones averaged 3.6 yards per carry against the Seahawks not 6. The Seahawks are not the Dolphins.

My posts in this thread have not tried to place blame on anyone. You are so annoyed with the antimccarthy crowd that you are ignoring the substance of an argument, or a stat, or a post for fear they may be blaming mike for something. Just relax.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (10h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (11h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (17h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (18h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.