Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 8:04:10 PM(UTC)
Curtis Crabtree said:
The Green Bay Packers have turfed another member of their coaching staff. Associate head coach/linebackers coach Winston Moss was fired by the franchise on Tuesday. “We thank Winston for his contributions to the Packers over the past 13 years,” interim head coach Joe Philbin said in a team release. “We hope for the best for [more]

Continue Reading @ Curtis Crabtree

That didn't take long. Laugh

Quote:
...Moss’ immediate dismissal almost certainly had something to do with his earlier tweet implying Aaron Rodgers and everyone needed to be held to a higher standard. Moss intimated as much in a post saying he had been let go by adding a #thankstwitter to the end of his message.

Maybe they just wanted to go in another direction.
Nonstopdrivel  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 8:22:50 PM(UTC)
We're starting to see that McCarthy's brand of almost fanatical loyalty is not necessarily the norm in the NFL, and I for one find myself strangely comfortable with that revelation.
gbguy20  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 8:47:05 PM(UTC)
Lmao. Totally deserved.
wpr  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 9:03:27 PM(UTC)
Moss was Associate head coach/linebackers. They come up with some real weird titles/duties in the past couple of years. It's like they had 15 "Assistant Head" coaches so no one would be taken by another team. They will have to tear it all down and start over.
nerdmann  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 9:19:00 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel said: Go to Quoted Post
We're starting to see that McCarthy's brand of almost fanatical loyalty is not necessarily the norm in the NFL, and I for one find myself strangely comfortable with that revelation.

That's true, however I hypothesize that Moss may have been right in this regard. We shall see.
go.pack.go.  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 9:42:54 PM(UTC)
Sounds like somebody’s feelings were hurt that he didn’t get the interim HC job lol. See ya
beast  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 10:07:31 PM(UTC)
Moss has been acting like an ass in media interviews all year (most are assuming because he didn't get the DC job, and/or wasn't released from his contract afterwards, but no one really knows)... but if he's been acting like all the time, then he deserved to be fired because he wanted out and acting like an ass to get his way.
musccy  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 10:15:21 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go. said: Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like somebody’s feelings were hurt that he didn’t get the interim HC job lol. See ya

Exactly what I was thinking. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if his tweet was accurate and feelings shared by others.
Mucky Tundra  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 1:29:27 AM(UTC)

UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 5:50:13 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra said: Go to Quoted Post

My thoughts exactly! I hope Winston Moss is stocked up on bandages, because that burn us going to take a while to heal.
Cheesey  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 7:48:04 AM(UTC)
WINSTON got SMOKED!!!

(Get it???)LOL
I guess they were afraid he would become a “cancer” on the team!Laugh

Ohhhh.....SNAP!
wpr  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 8:09:52 AM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
That's true, however I hypothesize that Moss may have been right in this regard. We shall see.

I see what you have done there. ThumpUp
nerdmann  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 8:29:25 AM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post
WINSTON got SMOKED!!!

(Get it???)LOL
I guess they were afraid he would become a “cancer” on the team!Laugh

Ohhhh.....SNAP!

While it is comforting to interpret everything that happens as if it's the ultimate solution to making our team perfect from here on out, let's bear in mind that these reporters have relationships with the organization.

My main interest is to shift out what's really going on in these situations. It might feel super good to see someone get SMOKED by the side we desperately hope is in the right, but that in itself doesn't make that side in the right.

If there is truth in what Moss is saying, then there's truth in what he is saying, whether or not someone wants to personally put him down for saying it.
DoddPower  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 9:01:45 AM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
If there is truth in what Moss is saying, then there's truth in what he is saying, whether or not someone wants to personally put him down for saying it.

There's usually some bit of truth in all things like this, football or otherwise. Two sides to every story though. Regardless, Winston Moss sucks and shouldn't have taken to Twitter. I'm glad he's gone. The Packers should have cleaned house last off season. Murphy screwed up, and now the Packers are paying the price. Better late than never though.
KRK  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 9:03:58 AM(UTC)
As long as he is so big on accountability, as others have posted, he is been a total asswipe in terms of his relations with the press. Newsflash, that is part of your job, especially as an assistant head coach,

Second, I wouldn’t exactly say our outside linebackers, his responsibility, have developed in any meaningful way. Said differently, they have regressed.

I’m thrilled with the changes in the last 18 months. All of the clean lockers on Lombardi Avenue scream out “we’re not going to take mediocrity anymore.”
Cheesey  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 10:39:19 AM(UTC)
Nerd....did you not get the total JOKING of my post? The play on his name?
Geez.....didn’t think I had to explain it!Cool
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Cheesey (11m) : I’m not questioning you Zero, just trying to figure it out. Is Davis that good that they are trying so hard to find a spot where he can play?
Cheesey (13m) : Why would they try a last ditch effort? I mean, if they have to try THAT hard, is he really worth it?
Zero2Cool (4h) : Keep in mind the quick little fast guys that the Rams, Falcons used. They might see Trevor in that role.
Zero2Cool (4h) : More than likely, this is a last ditch effort to find a spot for Trevor.
Cheesey (13h) : I agree gbguy. He must have a relative in a high position on the Packers!
gbguy20 (20h) : except ty was actually good (at both positions) where Trevor has never shown a reason to be on the 53. how he has been here for so long escapes me
wpr (21h) : It's the Montgomery experiment all over again.
gbguy20 (23h) : Trevor Davis practicing as a RB during OTAs. what the hell
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Folks usually say the series don't start until road team wins
TheKanataThrilla (22-May) : There was a stat that indicated that home crowd was most important in basketball of the big 4 sports. Not sure why.
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Raptors are simply better team top/down, and two of their main guys are hobbled.
Zero2Cool (22-May) : And didn't learn from past mistakes and lost Game 4.
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Bucks should have lost Game 1, got lucky. Dominated Game 2. Screwed up in Game 3.
Zero2Cool (22-May) : I don't think they are gonna make it to the Finals. No effort, no heart last night.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Don't panic Cheesey, series will go 7 games. NBA needs that to happen.
Cheesey (22-May) : Bucks stunk it up tonight. If they keep this up, they will be WATCHING the championship on TV.
TheKanataThrilla (22-May) : Congrats Blues. Stanley Cup bound.
gbguy20 (22-May) : i c u cheesey
Cheesey (21-May) : Yeah....would have been good “JU JU”! LOL!
Zero2Cool (21-May) : Should have taken JuJu Smith-Schuster instead of Josh Jones
Zero2Cool (21-May) : " So I think it's a good opportunity for those guys to get the bulk of the reps. I think everyone in here is comfortable what Davante is about."
Zero2Cool (21-May) : LaFleur says Davante Adams is present, but he did not practice: "Just precautionary, and ... we do have some young receivers. So I think it's a good opportunity for those guys to get the bulk of the r
Nonstopdrivel (21-May) : They won another Eastern Conference Championship in '74.
Nonstopdrivel (21-May) : They won it all in 1971.
gbguy20 (21-May) : im assuming not
gbguy20 (21-May) : have the bucks ever won it all?
Cheesey (21-May) : Yup.hes best taking it to the hoop.
gbguy20 (20-May) : the nba 10 years ago vs now
Zero2Cool (20-May) : and I do NOT want Giannis taking 3's unless we are up by double digits. Period.
Zero2Cool (20-May) : and it was bumbled up and a turnover. TAKE THE DAMN SHOT
Zero2Cool (20-May) : So many times it looked like clear lane to the hoop and instead of the layup, they did an awkward pass
Zero2Cool (20-May) : That was another thing that boggled my mind.
Cheesey (20-May) : True. So many missed shots. These guys are pros, yet can’t seem to make a free throw???
Zero2Cool (20-May) : 12 points wasn't the issue, it was his 8 turnovers. And the stupid ass passing in the paint. Just take the damn lay up.
Cheesey (20-May) : Held the Greek freak to 12 points. That sure didn’t help us.
Zero2Cool (20-May) : Always feel home team gonna win game three. But once OT hit, I felt it was ours.
Cheesey (20-May) : They had plenty of chances. They just plain blew it.
Zero2Cool (20-May) : Bucks didn't win, crap!
Zero2Cool (19-May) : It'll be canceled before the month is up 😜
gbguy20 (19-May) : dangit
Zero2Cool (19-May) : You have to pick a package. I think they have an NBA package. I just bought the $25 that gave me ESPN TNT and TBS to ensure NBA games.
gbguy20 (18-May) : from*
gbguy20 (18-May) : do you have to pick ftom "packages" with sling or can you legit individually pick the channels you want?
Zero2Cool (18-May) : and ya can cancel anytime ...
Zero2Cool (18-May) : Sling TV is $25 a month.
nerdmann (18-May) : My SkyStreamer is running great.
Nonstopdrivel (18-May) : Even at fifty bucks, YouTube TV is reasonable. I projected the Super Bowl on a screen at least 20-feet high, and the clarity was impeccable.
gbguy20 (18-May) : 50 is nuts for that. i like your sling idea
Zero2Cool (18-May) : YouTube TV is $50 a month
Zero2Cool (18-May) : I paid for one month of SlingTV for NBA
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2019 Packers Schedule
Thursday, Sep 5 @ 7:20 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
BRONCOS
Thursday, Sep 26 @ 7:20 PM