Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sschind  
#21 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 12:45:43 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04 said: Go to Quoted Post
Saw this in the comments of an article on the firing:

Flapper Flapper

That was priceless.
nerdmann  
#22 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 1:27:57 PM(UTC)
Anyone watching Philbin? What a damn milquetoast.

He's just a figurehead. We are going to lose out.
KRK  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 6:34:37 PM(UTC)
Just asking....what if they go 3-1, and Rodgers lights it up on offense.....does Philbin have a shot?
gbguy20  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 7:20:22 PM(UTC)
I liked philbin for oc this offseason. I no longer like him for of or hc.
KRK  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 9:52:48 AM(UTC)
OK but the question still stands, what if the offense lights it up over the next four games, wont you at least consider him?
earthquake  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:00:25 AM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
OK but the question still stands, what if the offense lights it up over the next four games, wont you at least consider him?

I would imagine that the Packers as an organization have a pretty good idea of how qualified Philbin is for the HC job, him having been with the organization for many years previously and having held that position in Miami. So I'm not sure how much the next 4 games will matter. I expect they either like him or they don't for the position at this point, but who knows. If they're considering him already it certainly won't hurt if the team performs well for the rest of the season.
DoddPower  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 12:25:45 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
I liked philbin for oc this offseason. I no longer like him for of or hc.

CLEAN HOUSE AND START OVER!!
buckeyepackfan  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 1:46:01 PM(UTC)
DoddPower said: Go to Quoted Post
CLEAN HOUSE AND START OVER!!

Should have been done after last year.

Wouldn't had been all this drama.

No matter what anyone thinks, Mike deserved a better way of leaving.

When they moved Ted out they shoukd have finished the job.

Now it's just a big f----ng mess.
steveishere  
#29 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 6:37:33 AM(UTC)
I think one thing that's getting missed a bit is that GB probably has less of an issue with McCarthy HC and more with McCarthy OC. Teams with franchise QBs change OC pretty frequently for various reasons and disconnect between OC and QB is a pretty valid reason. It just happens that GB had a HC that adamantly refused to replace his OC. Same situation anywhere else looking at it as just the OC getting replaced (even one that won a superbowl) wouldn't be seen as a big deal at all.

The team is really bringing in a new OC, they just had to go through McCarthy to do it since he wouldn't. McCarthy HC also didn't make it that difficult of a decision either with some of his situational decisions lately.
TheKanataThrilla  
#30 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 7:17:47 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post
Should have been done after last year.

Wouldn't had been all this drama.

No matter what anyone thinks, Mike deserved a better way of leaving.

When they moved Ted out they shoukd have finished the job.

Now it's just a big f----ng mess.

Let getting half-pregnant, it appears you can't half-clean house.

Nonstopdrivel  
#31 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 8:16:27 AM(UTC)
Demarious (stupid, stupid name) Randall implies that the poor showing this season is management's fault for trading away all their good players and relying on the magic of Aaron Rodgers to make things happen. Behind his words is even a hint that he might think the Packers may have traded away those players precisely to have an excuse to dump Mike McCarthy. Which would make a certain degree of sense . . . if there had been any evidence that Green Bay was on track to have a good season with those players, which there obviously wasn't.

In any case, Randall thinks McCarthy got a raw deal. Bless his heart.
Nonstopdrivel  
#32 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 8:17:30 AM(UTC)
steveishere said: Go to Quoted Post
The team is really bringing in a new OC, they just had to go through McCarthy to do it since he wouldn't. McCarthy HC also didn't make it that difficult of a decision either with some of his situational decisions lately.

Two fantastic points in as many sentences. Well done, sir.
gbguy20  
#33 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 9:48:59 AM(UTC)
Randall is just sucking up so he doesn't get cut when McCarthy becomes his HC again
Dulak  
#34 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 3:43:52 PM(UTC)
So was Mike's firing a surprise to him?

If it was why would they fire our coach like this? Is he a criminal? oh is it because other teams do this and ... then its ok.

Have you ever been fired like this? Do you think its a professional thing to do especially if you had been somewhere for what 13 years?

I thought the packers organization was a professional outfit.

I dont know the full story - I just hope it was handled professionally.
Zero2Cool  
#35 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 4:16:48 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel said: Go to Quoted Post
Demarious (stupid, stupid name)

But, what about Damarious?
nerdmann  
#36 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 5:29:38 PM(UTC)
If the idea is to remove the impediment to Aaron running the offense, that has been done. Because according to this theory, it was Mike who was holding the offense back.

In this scenario, Philbin is the perfect HC going forward, because he will defer to Aaron in all decisions. Aaron will be essentially a "player/coach." He will be HC'ing from on the field in an unofficial capacity.

If they bring someone else in that is going to set everything back 2 years as they learn a new system and retool with players that fit that system. I do not believe that is what is desired. They've got the playbook, they just want more freedom for Aaron to win SBs with it.
beast  
#37 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 7:32:28 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel said: Go to Quoted Post
Demarious (stupid, stupid name)

Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
But, what about Damarious?

I have wondered if it's the male version of 'Damaris' which is a name in the bible.

gbguy20  
#38 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 8:25:02 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
If the idea is to remove the impediment to Aaron running the offense, that has been done. Because according to this theory, it was Mike who was holding the offense back.

In this scenario, Philbin is the perfect HC going forward, because he will defer to Aaron in all decisions. Aaron will be essentially a "player/coach." He will be HC'ing from on the field in an unofficial capacity.

If they bring someone else in that is going to set everything back 2 years as they learn a new system and retool with players that fit that system. I do not believe that is what is desired. They've got the playbook, they just want more freedom for Aaron to win SBs with it.

Everything in this post you have created in your head. I am so confused by your reality. Scary stuff
DoddPower  
#39 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 11:07:37 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
Everything in this post you have created in your head. I am so confused by your reality. Scary stuff

I'm certainly thankful I don't live in Nerd's reality.
Nonstopdrivel  
#40 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 6:44:54 AM(UTC)
Dulak said: Go to Quoted Post
So was Mike's firing a surprise to him?

If it was why would they fire our coach like this? Is he a criminal? oh is it because other teams do this and ... then its ok.

Have you ever been fired like this? Do you think its a professional thing to do especially if you had been somewhere for what 13 years?

This argument is incoherent at best. I have no idea what point you're even trying to make. What does criminality or professionalism have to do with anything? And how did this idea of Green Bay exceptionalism arise anyway?
Rss Feed